Pipe Is Chock Full O' Resin

Discussion in 'Hashish & BHO' started by Sickman, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Sickman

Sickman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    I have a nice big glass pipe that has never had a deep cleaning. There is a LOT of resin in the interior of the pipe, as well as some outside on the surface.

What method should I use to extract as much resin as possible?

Would making hash out of this resin be possible...?

2. grecian

grecian Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from aruba
    i have never used a glass pipe before but i wouldnt imagine that what you have is 'resin'. My friends and I call it gak and it can be smoked but it wont be nice (if im thinking of the same thing as you then there will be little if any THC left in it). I think you should just wash it with very hot water and some sort of cleaning agent (i have always found regualr hair shampoo to work well). get a toothbrush and do this for a good 10 minutes and your pipe will be nearly as good as new. remember to rinse it out very well after cleaning.

if you really wanna smoke this stuff then you either need to find sumthing thats diameter is just less than that of the pipe so you can push it through or just find something that wont damage the glass to scrape the gak off with.

1. 4/5,
      accuarate reply on thc content of leftover resin after smoking
      Jul 23, 2013
  3. Demonslayer

Demonslayer Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Acetone works.

4. skaterdienick

skaterdienick Newbie

Reputation Points:
    bowl it. it will loosen the stuff in the interior then try and us a small tooth pick or skewer to help pull it out

5. Sky Walker

Sky Walker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Soak the pipe in isopropyl alcohol or acetone, shaking it from time to time to further agitate the resin (works best in a plastic ziplock bag so you can give it a really good shake). After all the resin has dissolved into your solvent of choice remove the pipe and pour the liquid into a pyrex dish, leave to stand until it has all evaporated then use a razor blade to scrape up the oil.

6. INodHardOhYeah

INodHardOhYeah Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Resin does contain THC and thus will get you high, but the CBO and CBN alkaloids are much more prevalent, those responsible for making you tired and hungry.

7. Sklander

Sklander Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from congo_democratic
    Letting the pipe soak in ammonia or acetone will break up all the resin built up on the inside of the pipe. Any that is left over can be loosened with some imagination and the bending of a pipe cleaner.

8. Oi Oi Random I Am

Oi Oi Random I Am Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    most glass pipes will of course develope resin within the bowl but usually if something is in the acctualp pipe it just hunks of hash and shit with very little resin and it and tastes like shit. Unless you use a screen, but screens in glass pipes is rare...

9. Oi Oi Random I Am

Oi Oi Random I Am Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    wont let me edit but i meant to say ash not hash...lol that would be quite a different story

10. indigo23

indigo23 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I use an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner with water in it to vibrate all the gunk off the glass and loosen up the big chunks of resin. A paperclip or some sort of small tool is best for getting out the big chunks still stuck inside. The best part is if your stash is low, SWIM can strain the water and dry out the chunks of resin for use. Tastes like shit, but does the trick.

Either way, SWIM always ends up with a pipe that looks just like it did when it was bought.

11. FrankenChrist

FrankenChrist Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from belgium
    You don't know what else is in that shit!

Yes. Use a kind of alcohol.

12. Sickman

Sickman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Swim ended up soaking the pipe in a bag full of isopropyl alcohol and some epsom salts. The stuff that came out was pretty rank, I did not contemplate smoking it. :)

13. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    It's amazing that a few minutes of cleaning can make an old Pipe come back to its new condition.

The World is a little prettier now.

And, Sickman came up with a new combo to shine-up his Pipe, by "soaking the pipe in a bag full of isopropyl alcohol and some epsom salts."

I might throw in a shot of epsom salts some day too.

Tags: