piperazine psychedelics?

Discussion in 'Research Chemicals' started by genaro, Feb 10, 2007.

1. genaro

genaro Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    hello.
    To my understanding piperazines and derivatives feel like amphetaminic substances, right?

But are any of these valuable psychedelic hallucinogens (in the way trypts or phens can be)?
    I mean, are there any known piperazines (or related substances) with a real spiritual potential?

What about 2,5-dimethoxy piperazines, halogenated, or furan piperazines derivatives?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2007
  2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    When you draw an amphetamine molecule (with a pencil on paper), you can see how it can be twisted into the same shape as the indolic substance serotonin. And this mimicry likely accounts for the activity of certain amphetamines regards their being psychedelic.

But a piperazine can only hope to sort-of mimic an amphetamine. It's another animal removed from being like an endogenous neuro-transmitter. So it is quite unlikely that anyone will be discovering a new LSD-25 in the piperazine family. It's a stretch, molecule-wise , too far.

3. cennerteal

cennerteal Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    There are certain 'feelings' resembling the LSD experience, my cat tells me. But otherwise, vision is brighter, possibly slightly shimmering but no huge changes to visuals, he added.

4. SurferRosa

SurferRosa Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    pFPP has vaguely hallucinogenic properties, especially taken alone at high doses, but not a patch on the 'real' stuff.