Experiences - planing first san pedro experience

Discussion in 'Peyote & San Pedro' started by tre2005be, Jun 29, 2006.

1. tre2005be

tre2005be Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I am planning on taking his first psychedelic journey using san pedro. I will be ordering dry san pedro off of an online vendor. I was wondering what the best way of íngesting san pedro is, and how much SWIM hould take for a mild introdution to mescaline containing cacti, plus is there any activities that SWIM might find fun whilst trippin. Help, ideas, suggestions all welcome and greatly appreciated.

2. tre2005be

tre2005be Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    sorry its peruvian torch that I will be purchasing.

3. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    The most straight-forward way to consume Peruvian Torch is to boil and simmer it in a pot for 4-5 hours then strain any remaining bits and pieces out. Add lemon and lime to try and kill the foul taste and then drink it back but drink it slow because it will taste really bad. I would recommend about 30g for first time use although generally people tend to enjoy the experience and there may be no harm in going as high as 50g for first time effects. Compared to other psychedelics, mescaline cactus does not seem overwhelming or inhibiting. I recommend going for a walk in nature if You consumes the Peruvian Torch on a nice day.

4. Barebonejoe

Barebonejoe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I recomend having sliced lemons ready, so you can suck on them after each gulp - kind of like how some people like to do shots.

From what I hear, just mixing lemon juice to the brew isn't very effective.

And I recomend relaxing in a very simple atmosphere. I like to tidy up his house while his cacus material is boiling, so when he is on his journey, his surroundings are more peaceful. If you decide you want to go outside and hang outside your house, or go for a walk, I definitely recomend that also.

I think simplicity and nature are the keys to getting the most out of a cacti/mesc trip. Not having too much to distract you from outside of your body allows you to focus easier, making it a more profound experience.

That can definitely be debated though.

5. tre2005be

tre2005be Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    so would sitting in my back garden be a good thing to do? also i have heard reports that 20g is more than enough for a good trip? i really dont want to overdo it, I had abad experience on Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds and has been quite fearful of doing anything trippy ever since.

6. robin_himself

robin_himself Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands

Then start at 20g... its good to start the trip at ease. Also don't try and compare the trip of Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds to Mescaline because that's like comparing an Apple to a Grape. If one didn't like the apple and had a bad experience this doesn't tell you nothing about the grape. For Swim Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds where always a nuisance on the mind and very hard to get a nice experience. In swims opinion mescaline will be alot easyer.

7. tre2005be

tre2005be Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    thank you for the quick and helpful answers I feel a bit more confident about experiencing san pedro in the next few weeks now.

8. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Just a note on dosage, mescaline levels in Peruvian Torch can be quite inconsistent. One particular batch may have one enjoying a full experience on 20g while another may require up to 50g to reach that level. It isn't that much a cause for concern generally because a person on mescaline remains quite clear-minded and taking large doses wouldn't provide the same challenges that large doses of mushrooms or acid would, in my opinion at least anyway.

9. podge

podge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    nature boys got it right.playing soccer on peruvian torch is unreal.anything outdoors will be fun really.enjoy the trip!

10. tre2005be

tre2005be Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    so even if i i do get some weak peruvian torch its possible to still feel the effects of the cactus off of 20g? also if it is strong stuff will the experience not be to intense? sorry about all these questions and fears but it all stems back to a very bad Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds trip I had.

11. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    SWIM's never tried Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds but understands that they produce a very different effect to mescaline cactus. As psychedelics go, many people do not enjoy Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds. Mescaline is probably the most enjoyable psychedelic. It isn't as intense as mushrooms or acid and very few people have negative experiences on it. Come to think of it, I have never heard of anyone having a bad trip on mescaline.

12. tre2005be

tre2005be Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    right then its settled!! I will try out peruvian torch in the next few weeks, i'll report back on my experience.

13. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    No you won't. You will. ;)

14. tre2005be

tre2005be Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    oh crap ye, i'll be doing no such thing I will!!

15. Barebonejoe

Barebonejoe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Actually, he will be reporting back on someone whome he met's experience. :p

16. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    swim cant stress enough, anti nasaua measures You should take, take dramamine/benadryl/or rx zofran, prior and during the first few hours and dosing. You should also try smoking weed on the come up, that helps with nasaua. It is very likely that You will puke, but when its time to finally puke You will know, try to hold it for as long as possible so as much of the mesc can be absorbed as possible. for a first trip it is hard to say to recomend a dosage since all cacti are different. I buy online p torch powder off a very well known auction site, and uses 30-50 (50 being on the high side)... swim recomends dried torch powder, capsulated ate over 1 hour or so. the more You spreads out the dosage time, the less sick You might feel. good luck and be sure to post swiys findings

17. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Vomiting is likely alright but not necessarily the given that many people say it is when drinking Peruvian Torch extract. I have a fairly weak stomach (he's often puked after eating shrooms and used to get car sick a lot when he was younger) but was still able to keep the vile brew down. Taking your time is the key.

18. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    swim always pukes, but always eats the mesc (p torch) capsulated and stupidly doesnt space it out very well... has You noticed that drinking an extract (tea) is easier on the stomach?

19. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I would imagine that the sheer volume of the capsules would probably upset the stomach. Don't get me wrong, the extract tastes absolutely vile but if drank really slowly with plenty of water to chase it down, it's well managable and worth it.

20. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    how much (volume-wise) does a tea or extract really reduce the cactus powder too? How soluble is cactus in water, is there something something the cactus is more soluble in without going through a complete extraction?

btw quick response time.. nice