Planning a holiday where methamphetamine is unavailable so we can quit

Discussion in 'Amphetamines addiction' started by e-Thom, Aug 22, 2005.

1. e-Thom

e-Thom Newbie

Reputation Points:
    well, me and my gf are kinda havin a problem with speed lately. but we are always tempted to do a line (scene, friends,...). we really want all the toxins out of our bodies so we booked a short holiday (absolutely NO access to speed)
    we hope to get our heads clear, rest, and start to appreciate each other.
    anyone ever done the same thing?
    good idea or not?
    what do you guys think?

any info is appreciated!!
    thanks!!

2. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    It will give you a short break. (although I would be surprised if you have found a speed - free zone on earth) So that will give you some breathing space, but when you come back you'll be faced with the same patterns you are in now. Hopefully you can see them from a distance, instead of being in them, when you get back.

3. e-Thom

e-Thom Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yeah, but it's a bungalow park with all facilities. you don't have to come out of the village
    i totally agree with what you say...but we REALLY want to get off of it
    any tips on staying dree free after we come back

thanks (we're gonna get rid of all the bad phone numbers as we speak)

4. VincentVan

VincentVan Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    Dear e-Thom

a change of scene is always a good idea, I´m so convinced of it that I´m leaving tomorrow morning ( if you are intrested you can read all about it on the thread "Basics for kicking the habit"). The main problem when you´ll come back is that you´ll be painfully aware that something vitally important is missing from your life. As MrJim made me notice this has a name: is called depression. On how to deal withit opinions differ widely. MrJim says shrinks and antidepressants may be of help. I dunno. I´m flyng to Tunisia. Time will tell.

Best luck

VV

" ...did I really travel half of the known universe, challenging time , space and ineffable enemies to find myself exactly in the same place, in the same predictament as when I left all those years ago?"

Philip K. Dick. "We can remember it for you wholesale"

5. MrJim

MrJim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Dissociation from your drug surroundings definetely does wonders. Just remember when you return not to wax poetic about "The good times" on drugs.

6. adzket

adzket R.I.P. Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.K.
    a break away always helps me and my partner when we want to stop for a while, and sort our shit out. but the only way to stay clean when you get home is to recognise the things that make you take speed in the first place. get rid of delers phone numbers, change your phone number and get rid of friend who encorage you to use when you dont want to. you may need to change every thing in your life depending on surcumstances. me and my partner where at one point both h addicts we moved half way across the contry to get away from the situwations and people whom encouraged us. if you are likely to suffer withdrawel take something to help as it could ruin your relationship if you both feel rough all the time and do nothing but row because your having a comedown.

7. miffy

miffy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    When you go on holiday, you take your baggage with you.

There isn't a drug-free part of the planet, I wouldn't have thought.
    For sure, the holiday should give you a bit of time to detox, which is
    certainly good - but is it any good if you start straight back on it
    when you get back?

Being drug-free on holiday's no good if you can't do it at home, too. . .