Planning a trip.

Discussion in 'Coffeeshops' started by Krong, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Krong

Krong Newbie

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o
    I'm thinking of taking my wife to holland for vacation and was wondering if anyone knows any cannabis friendly hotels or places to stay that are at a good price. I did read alot of ppl sugesting to go to other citys like Apeldoorn, Utrecht, and Leiden. I Was thinking of maybe taking there advice but was wondering what hotels I should look at to stay in there. Any advice on the cannabis friendly places to stay would be helpfull thanks.

2. Woodman

Woodman A very strange person. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o from U.S.A.
    When were you planning on going?

3. Krong

Krong Newbie

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o
    Was thinking of going in Oct 12-19 thought it would be a good gift to my wife for are anniversery on the 13th.:D

4. Woodman

Woodman A very strange person. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o from U.S.A.
    I'ld be more concerned about getting a good room before getting a canabis friendly room.

5. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Holland's a big cigarette smoking nation so if the worst comes to the worst and You ends up in an anti-drugs hotel, You can still smoke hashish/tobacco cocktail joints that aren't really noticeable in a place where tobacco smoking is allowed. A lot of hotel rooms have balconies too, a perfect place to smoke that stinky strong weed.

6. Krong

Krong Newbie

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o
    Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to stay with one of those comanys that rent out apartments. Found some that look really nice and really are not much more if not less then alot of the hotels. Any one know of any coffee shop I should make sure to vist well I"m there. Or just anything I should make sure not to miss.

7. FrankenChrist

FrankenChrist Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from belgium
    You should see more than just Amsterdam. Other big cities are only a short trip away. These cities will sometimes be cheaper as well.

Edit: Ignore. I thought you were going to Amsterdam.

8. Krong

Krong Newbie

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o
    frankenchrist I did decide on going to amsterdam becuse I found those companys that rent the nice apartments I could not find anything like that for the other citys. If you know of somplace please let me know. Although I do plan on visiting some of the other citys becuse of all the talk about them here on this forum.

9. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    It's not so much which coffeeshops to visit, it's which ones to avoid. Avoid large tourist-trap coffeeshops like The Bulldog because their prices can be needlessly expensive and SWIM certainly doesn't think they have as a good an atmosphere as the smaller, more down-to-earth coffeeshops. Also, in the smaller coffeeshops, if the place isn't very busy, You may get talking to the owner or the employees, visit a few days in a row and you may get discounts or even free weed!