1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Please help, stopping Poppy Seed Tea.

Discussion in 'Opiate & Opioid addiction' started by DucatiD1911, Jan 9, 2017.

1. DucatiD1911

DucatiD1911 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yesterday 01:26 Report Post
    Hello all, I am new to posting but have lurked for a while getting tons of useful information and the time has come for me to finally post and ask for help. Also I'm not sure if this is in the correct spot or not. I am very sorry if it isn't the right place to be posting this.

So here's the deal, a few years ago I was diagnosed with a pretty rare illness, especially for males, doubly rare for a male my age (now 24 at the time 21). It's a very long and complicated story. But I will sum it up for you all so we can get to the question(s) I have, so here goes; I lost the doctor I had been with for 2 years and being on mediumish doses of pain meds every day for those two years I was scared to death of withdrawls. I was searching for a new doctor and found one, but it was gonna be 3 weeks before they could see me and I knew I would run out and be in withdrawls in just a few days so I took to the Internet and found Poppy seed tea. I found a good brand that is unbelievable consistent and started using it(Saftley and only as much as I absolutely needed). And it really worked wonders for me because I had found a good brand. Well the new doctor would only give me Lyrica because they didn't believe in opiates, which was fine bc the Lyrica and PST were making me feel totally fine and I was resigned to just using the PST as I wasn't using it to get high but using it for legitimate help with severe pain (not that there is anything wrong with people getting high if that's what they wish).

Well that was roughly a year ago and I have been on PST pretty much every day for the past year, taking roughly 1 pound a day, might be a bit less or a bit more as some days were worse than others. Well I have no beaten my disease and it has gone into remission and I can stop using the PST. However I have no idea what the correct tapering procedure would be. As I said these seeds are EXTREMELY consistent and I have always bought in large bulk amount to make doubly so of that. I was desperately hoping some of y'all would be able to help me set up a tapering schedule. Keep in mind I am not in a huge rush. I would like this to be as comfortable and the least painful way, if possible. I understand that my body is now addicted even if I myself am not necessarily(if that makes any sense) and so I want to try to taper off as best as possible before I take that plunge and jump off and hopefully by doing that it will make dealing with the withdrawal symptoms much easier/shorter.

I was told Lyrica would help immensely with the withdrawls once I finally was 100% off of the PST. In addition to that and Imodium for the diarrhea, I have Xanax I can take of absolutely needed but I was planning on not using it. I'm praying someone here can help me set up a schedule so I can taper down and off of this stuff. I never wanted this in the first place but I had little option. I beg someone to help me figure out the best route as I have no one in my life who can help me and I want and need to be off of this. Thank you in advance to anyone who is willing and able to help me, I appreciate even the smallest of help.

Sincerely,
    D

P.S. - If you are wanting to know a more detailed reason of why I no longer was seeing the same doctor and all of that stuff, I will tell you it's just very long and I didn't want to make this any longer than it needed to be.