PMA frequently sold as E?

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by ramjet, Feb 18, 2006.

1. ramjet

ramjet Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I was browsing FRANK (English "drugs education" agency) for a laugh and I read that a drug called PMA is often sold as Ecstacy. Allegedly the chances of overheating on this drug are much greater, and the effects and risks associated with the drug are greater too. The effects are apparently similar to E, but I couldn't get anything more specific than that

http://www.talktofrank.com/azofdrugs/P/PMA.aspx

FRANK says "Some deaths have been linked to other drugs like PMA which have been sold as ecstasy.", but then there is a lot of misinformation in the FRANK site, and there is a clear bias.

Anyone else heard of PMA?

Sorry, forgot to do a search, just delete if this subject has been dealt with before. Thanks mods.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2010
  2. These Forensics

These Forensics Newbie

Reputation Points:
  3. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    PMA also turned up in Scotland last year under the guise of blue Playstations. If I remember rightly there were a couple of deaths related to it too. Again covered here somewhere. I'd post a link, but am too knackered to! However it is by no means common.

4. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/pma/pma.shtml

Quite a nasty little compound indeed. There are many available experience reports on this one, and obviously no one is willingly taking it. As far as I'm concerned, this is the absolute worst risk when it comes to taking exstacy. I find it ironic that the greatest risk that comes with taking extacy has nothing to do with MDMA itself.

5. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Fortunately I have never come across a PMA tab. He has had anything from caffiene tabs to meth bombs and everything inbetween but never anything that was really dangerous. The dose response curve with PMA is said to be much steeper, so the difference between one tablet and two could be fatal. It's not like that with MDMA. It is downright irresponsible to sell this stuff as XTC. It just goes to show some people are only in it for the money.

6. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Fortunately PMA is not common. If it were then the news reports of kids dropping dead from "MDMA" would be front page all the time.

But the fact that some people do synthesize PMA and put it out on the market as XTC is a damned good reason to invest in a testing kit. Once with PMA can be the last time you ever take anything - including a breath of air.

7. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Yea, but for every 1 person killed by it, there are probably 5-10 other people who just got really ill for the night. One user may only take 1 pill because they don't have a tolerance, they will get sick off it. Another person may decide to drop 2 or 3 at once...

8. ramjet

ramjet Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Hmmm, 1 in 10. I still don't like those odds.

9. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    If I were King, I would decree a new law be applied to all sellers of underground MDMA/XTC. The law would specify that said seller invest in a test-kit and screen every new batch of pills that come into their possession. And that the results be made available to all would-be customers so one could decide if they wanted to take a pill that contains, say, 100mg MDMA, 10mg methamphetamine, and 50mg ketamine. Any pills found to contain PMA and/or dextromethorphan* would be refused by the seller from her/his distributor.

Regards any seller who then, with knowledge available, sold pills containing PMA could and would be dealt with. By whatever means required. I'd like to see some schmuck who is selling MDMA tablets cry poor claiming they couldn't afford a $10 or $20 testing kit and one lousy pill to sacrifice in the name of harm reduction.

* Don't ever mix MDMA with DXM. That is a toxic combination.

10. Xcrement1

Xcrement1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from belgium
    What if you only use DXM (cough-sirup) in combination with xtc/amphetamines, for medicational purpose meaning when not exceeding the max. prescripted amount (+-40-50mg)? Is it different with codeine-cough sirup? In what way is it a toxic combination?

Greets,

11. Abrad

Abrad R.I.P. Platinum Member & Advisor R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    It can cause serotonin syndrome. I would just wait until you finish the cough syrup. Why do you want to take MDMA when you're sick anyway?

12. Xcrement1

Xcrement1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from belgium
    I Don't want to do it, i was just wondering about it...