Purity - Police field testing for LSD?

Discussion in 'LSD' started by vir3nt, May 2, 2006.

1. vir3nt

vir3nt Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    I was wondering if there is any household item that would test positive for LSD if the police did a on-site test on some blotters. i'm sure the fact it wasn't actually LSD would be proven later when officially tested, but just for the quick tests they do if they find something. Someone told me there are some household cleaners that will test positive for LSD.

Btw: I'm not talking about UA or drug screening, i'm talking about blotter papers being tested.

2. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    That's an usual question. Especially since there is no "feild test" to id blotter paper. Blotter paper has be sent to a lab for testing.

3. vir3nt

vir3nt Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    fucking cops lie then. he said he was testing it

4. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Best bet when talking to cops? Say nothing at all.

They can "field test" a vile or measurable weight of raw lsd for for a "tryptamine" if they are a larger well prepared drug squad, but no there is no common field test for a "blotter." they will always tell you it's testing postitive, no matter what. when it comes to blotters, they MUST send it in to a lab to be tested and the prosecuter gets the results many many weeks later; but usually by then the cops have lied and tricked you into admiting something to them.

5. Herbal Remedy

Herbal Remedy Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I dunno about all that... I got busted over One blotter almost 2 years ago, the police field tested it infront of swim and it came up positive. Swim said nothing, hoping he might still be able to get away with it. I got a good lawyer who demanded further testing of the substances I was busted with. Again they came back positive. When in trial over all this, swim learned that the police (FSU pd = florida state pd, no DEA or anyhting) had used a legitamate field test. A Lab Tech from redwood labs (one of the famed labs that handels pee from those on probation n such) explained the type of field test, as well as the tests used in the lab. So i mean, unless the whole courtroom n all was in on this "practical joke" on swim, i think the field tests are legit...

6. bman1

bman1 Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    How to Field Test for LSD
    Avoid duds by Testing them Yourself.

Following are step-by-step instructions for field testing blotter for LSD

1. Extract a section of the blotter with a minimal amount of ethanol. (enough to leave you with a few drops of liquid)
    2. Put a drop of the extraction on a 4-(dimethylamino)-benzaldehyde impregnated piece of filter (or chromatographical) paper.
    3. Allow to dry.
    4. Put one drop of concentrated hydrochloric acid (muriatic acid will work) on one side of the paper. A colored front should migrate over the paper (concentrating the color).
    5. A purple colored ring will appear (changing to blue 30-60 minutes later) if alfa or beta unsubstituted indoles are present (the whole paper will color if large amounts are present). This purple / blue coloring signifies the presence of LSD.

This simple field test is able to detect 7.5 micrograms (ug) of lsd without a problem (typical doses were listed as 75-250 micrograms; you should get that lucky or unlucky for that matter)

but I do not know if other items can test positive

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2012
  7. sand11

sand11 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Maybe you guys can help clarify this scenario:

Say someone gets a ten strip, takes one, and does not trip. The next day they get busted for pot and the remaining L. While at station, a friend is in another room getting fingerprinted when a cop comes in and says "LSD tested negative." Minutes later, the original person is let go with only the pot violation. Should they be concerned about possible further testing yielding different results? If so, when/how would they be informed of LSD charges if they are to happen?

Or should they simply start celebrating because the L must have been bunk?

8. Wedo martinez

Wedo martinez Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from Texas, United States
    If blotter was left out side for about six months to a year and a plastic tote drawer but was not sealed will it still test positive for LSD or traces of LSD a year-and-a-half later??