1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Combinations - Poll: Best Kratom Potentiators

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by servo75, Jan 12, 2015.

1. grapefruit juice (how much)

8 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. other strains of kratom (what combos)

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  3. nutmeg / tumeric

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  4. valerian (how much)

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  5. benzos (which ones?)

9 vote(s)
    32.1%
  6. antidepressants / SSRI

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. diphenhydramine hcl

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  8. other (please comment)

13 vote(s)
    46.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. servo75

servo75 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    What do you think the best things are to make kratom stronger effects and/or last longer?

Are there particular strains that mix well together? How much of the potentiator and how long before kratom ingestion? I'd like your opinions.

2. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Whats with the poll?
    I am presuming you can only pick one option.

There are lots of threads already open on potentiating kratom, i am not sure that this thread is necessary. I also think it is pretty questionable having Benzos and SSRI medications as potentiators of kratom. This will give people the wrong idea.

The second question has also been discussed in several threads on kratom blends.

3. MMengel89

MMengel89 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from U.S.A.
    I tend to prefer using a combination of grapefruit juice,omeprazole, low dose dxm
    And diphenhydramine in the evening if the kratom is giving me some stimulation
    And making sleep hard to achieve

4. Desoluzion

Desoluzion Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I occasionally use Kratom after staggering a total dose of around 1200mg of Gabapentin (Neurontin). I find that the two greatly synergise and produce much greater effects together, giving a wonderful lethargic sense of 'well-being' when combined. (A lot more so than usual, really makes a difference for me).

5. Hardstepa

Hardstepa Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    ^^^ I also find that gabapentin and kratom go together very well. I would use it maybe with a white vein strain or green malay which I use for my daytime energetic dose and it follows up well with some red vein at the end of the day when its time to chill. Valerian tea also helps to get the more relaxing high from kratom.

6. Calyspical

Calyspical Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
  7. Desoluzion

Desoluzion Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    They are pretty similar as Phenibut is also a GABA agonist. Tread carefully with Phenibut, though, as it can lead to a very serious addiction. Taking it more than twice a week could become a problem. I can certainly see a resemblance in effects, however.

8. best

best Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I see a lot of people said grapefruit juice on the poll. I havent tried kratom but since Pomegranate Juice is said to inhibit CYP3A4 and CYP2D6, would that be more effective?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  9. PolySub

PolySub Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    26 y/o from U.S.A.
    Other strains of Kratom: I find that all Green Vein varieties make excellent mixers with any other strain in most cases. Also, If one is looking for full spectrum effects but has no Green Vein, mixing a White with a red is usually quite pleasant. Also there are several specific strains that I feel make excellent mixers no matter what you mix them with: Red Maeng Da, Green Maeng Da, Green Malaysian, Red Vein Thai, and Green Borneo.

Benzos: Specifically the longer acting ones such as Diazepam (Valium) and Clonazepam (Klonopin). Especially Diazepam, just goes wonderfully with Kratom. I would also include some other drugs with similar effects to benzos, specifically a SMALL dose of Ambien (about 5 mg for most people), Hydroxyzine, and Gabapentin. Xanax can overpower the effects, but small doses should be okay for tolerant users (no more than 1 mg though)

Diphenhydramine: Hands down an excellent potentiator. Try 25-75 mg about 30 minutes prior to dosing Kratom.

Other: Kava Kava, Kanna, Dagga, Coffee, CANNABIS and DXM (DXM should be no more than double the recommended dose on the bottle and should be taken about 30 minutes prior. This can add to Kratom nausea for some people though.

10. gonzochef

gonzochef Professional lab rat Palladium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from U.S.A.
    I've gotta back up Ianzombie on this, why the poll (especially since it only allows one answer and several require explanation)? It doesn't seem to be well thought out, and all the content here is addressed in detail in other threads.
    I do have a relatively on-topic question, though: Since kratom works on the same receptors as opiates, wouldn't most of the classic potentiators of opiates work similarly on kratom? Just curious, though I'll bet that is ALSO well covered in other threads already...

11. PolySub

PolySub Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    26 y/o from U.S.A.
    Actually I was able to select all 4 of my answers for my vote, so at least you are not limited to one answer. I do tend to agree with Ianzombie as well, though. It wasn't much thought out. However, thats why I posted detailed information for all 4 of my voting choices. I do think there is some befit to this poll however. It helps compile all the potentiation information for Kratom in one place instead of being scattered amongst various threads, and it keeps track of the percentage of votes for each option, so it adds a quantitative measure whereas the other threads rely only an qualitative data. Just some thoughts :)

PolySub added 3 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

Ps. Yes many of the potentiators for Kratom are the same as those for opiates, considering Kratom is an Opioid (a substance unrelated to ompium, but affects the same brain receptors). However, there are so many alkaloids in Kratom that it requires a great deal more research before a blanket statement can be made. There are some opiate potentiators that seem to not potentiate Kratom

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  12. Cousin Merle

Cousin Merle Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Kava works really well - seems to potentiate the effects and synergize - making the effects more relaxing and euphoric.

Kanna taken 30 - 60 minutes before seems to increase the energy of the kratom- providing a long-lasting energy/mood boost.

13. Bango Skank

Bango Skank Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.S.A.
    Other. Alcohol, and I'm surprised it's not an option.

I always thought kratom was incredibly mild compared to hydrocodone. Then I ate about 6 grams Maeng DA with a strong rum and coke ( maybe 3 shots of 70 proof rum) and it felt almost exactly as if I had taken around 30mg of hydrocodone.
    It really felt like a different drug.
    Doesn't take much booze, not even close to getting an alcohol buzz.

14. Tryptomaniac

Tryptomaniac Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    My favorite combination with Kratom is klonopin and grapefruit juice I can get close to high dose hydrocodone effects from this mix.

I like drinking a small amount of alcohol after as wel to help potentials my Kratom.

I also like drinking cherry juice with t to reduce all nausea and it works very very well best taught me this on the what drug are you on thread and it works great but most of the time I drink it with grapefruit and cherry juice

I also find that being on an empty stomach helps make the experience stronger.

Coffee with Kratom is another good one it adds to the energy and gives me more focus plus it takes away.

I like to mix up to 10 different strains at a time to make a really strong brew with full spectrum effects

15. mkultra5979

mkultra5979 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from Greece
    I think benzos match perfect - clonazepam the best.
    DPH also is very good choice at small doses.

16. gonzochef

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from U.S.A.
    Since many people agree that benzos are a good choice with kratom, I have to ask: do the same dangers apply to benzos and kratom that apply to benzos and opiates? Are there serious dangers of CNS depression? If so then this probably shouldn't be so lightly recommended as a potentiator. If this is not the case, then sorry to go off topic. I just thought it was worth mentioning...

17. Tryptomaniac

Tryptomaniac Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    ^^^^ ehhhh I don't find this to be true because you can't really overdose on Kratom and if you do you're just going to throw up, and benzos only add to the sedation the worst that could happen is you blackout from to many benzos and throw up from to much Kratom and possibly choke on your like but as long as you keep both doses is moderation then you should be fine, when I use benzos with my Kratom I ussually keep my Kratom under 10 grams and would use like 1.5-2 mg klonopin or lorazepam with it, plus it depends on tolerance but it's a lot easier to overdose on real opiates than Kratom whitch is nearly impossible.

18. gonzochef

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from U.S.A.
    That's good to know, thanks for the clarification. I just thought that if it was an issue it should be mentioned. Now I feel better about some of these recommendations. Personal tolerance always needs to be at the forefront of awareness in order to use anything safely. Thanks.

19. Amazing Jeans

Amazing Jeans Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I have never taken Benzos but I would think there is a danger of over dosing when Benzos are taken with Kratom.

20. Cousin Merle

Cousin Merle Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I don't have the reference now, but I do remember seeing a documented overdose death caused by a combination of kratom + benzo.

In this case, it was a large dose of kratom extract + high dose clonazepam.

I'll be the first one to say that kratom is very safe, but using a powerful kratom extract + a bunch of benzos is a very bad idea. Not sure if regular plain leaf kratom could cause an OD when combined with benzos, but I guess it is a possibility if the doses were high enough. Kratom doesn't cause respiratory depression nearly as much as regular opiates, but it still causes SOME respiratory depression.