pollen/keif questions

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by pokeymcsmot420, Jul 9, 2005.

1. pokeymcsmot420

pokeymcsmot420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    a while ago I was fortunate enough to come along a grinder with the keif try dealy in the bottom and now he has a few questions.

1. can you get a replacement keif screen anywhere? checked grass city and all that didnt see much, guessin thats a bad sign.

2. what is the advantage of putting it thru a pollen press instead of smoking it the way it is.

3. whats the best way to smoke it...well better question, can swim smoke it thru gbongs without wasting most of it?

sorry i tried searching this, found very little info on pollen.Edited by: pokeymcsmot420

2. thegod1

thegod1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I dont know about 1 and 3 but i know that pollen is very strong [​IMG]

3. Chaote

Chaote Newbie

Reputation Points:
    With keif what you do is ut it in a baggy i a corner and make it all compact then run it under hot water the heat allows it to bond together and you have keif chunks VERY slow burning

4. pokeymcsmot420

pokeymcsmot420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    chaote

really, has umm "anyone youve met" ever tried that before?

sounds like a very good idea and a sound theory but i never read anything else about it. nervous about the whole hot water part, I would die if he got his precious keif wet.

and goin off of that im assuming the advantage of using the pollen press is you get like little keif rocks that burn really slow?

so basically it would be like the difference between how fast some shake burnsup in a bowl compared to how fast a bud would.

5. PenguinPhreak

PenguinPhreak Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Another good way to use keif is sprinkling it ontop of a bowl of buds.

6. pokeymcsmot420

pokeymcsmot420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    been thinking about doing that, but I want ta smoke just the keif sohe can get a good experience to use as the yardstick for how good the stuff really is.

all the other times I smoked it, it was either on top of a bowl or rolled on a joint or one time on the outside of a honey blunt.

so he has never smoked keif alone and would like to try it.

7. Chaote

Chaote Newbie

Reputation Points:
    really, has umm "anyone youve met" ever tried that before?

Yes they have and it worked quite well like so well i needed a razor to break it up,

The point about the slow burn is that you may be like "Ive been smoking for like 10 mins i must have smoked alot" but really it may only be a little and also if your in a hurry its a pain. But i wasnt downing the slow burn it can be very good in the right enviroment

8. pokeymcsmot420

pokeymcsmot420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    well, goood news answerd a couple of my ownquestionsin time.

you can't replace thekeif screen (to the best of my knowledge) but a toothbrush will work to completely clean the clogged keif screen. The bristles are small enough that one bristle can fit through each hole.

the advantage of the pollen pressis a protective outer layer so it does not degrade in quality. Also to make it more easily handled and so less is lost when it makes the magical journey from in the bag to a smoking device. Also it burns slower...

and finally yes you can smoke it through gbongs without wasting, well any of it except the crystals stuck to your finger (not many). I found this the most efficient way to smoke it actually, because it burns very quickly. so i figure if you have to accept your one bowl of keif will be one hit, it might as well be a gbong rip.

thekeif also works very well through gbongs without being pressed.

i have yet to try chaotes compression method, but i am sure it would work and will post results when i try it