pollen

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by geordie, Dec 18, 2004.

1. geordie

geordie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    ive noticed that this is very rarely discussed topic, what do you think of it, ive been getting a fair bit recently and my opinions of it have increased. i think its much nicer in a bong or pipe though.

2. BA

BA Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    If you are talking about the yellow green dust that comes off the nugs, that is the trichomes referred to as pollen or keif, absolutely, you'll get blazed. If you're referring to the pollen that is given off by the male flower, no, it has no value smoked.

On the other hand:

I'd tap the pollen out of the flowers before smoking them. Pollen is actually a 2 celled haploid organism called a gametophyte, one of those cells (generative cell) will divide, when the pollen tube starts to grow, to produce the gametes (sperm) that fertilize the egg in the female gametophyte and the polar nuclei (double fertilization is a trait of all flowering plants = Angiosperms) which produce the young embryo (the sporophyte) and the endosperm (nutrative tissue). Um....sorry about that, the point being that pollen, being made of 2 cells, has no trichomes but does have all sorts of glycoproteins on its surface that can cause allergic reactions in some smokers. You're obviously not one of them. Some people have had allergy symptoms when smoking most regular seeded weed but has never had them while somking seedless buds. Maybe a pollen allergy? Who knows, but allergy symptoms from plants are most commonly from wind pollenated plants like mj.

BA

3. D.U.M.B

D.U.M.B Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Pollen is nice.

It rarely crosses my path, had it a few times during the year but last christmas I had a sweet bit of it and was stoned, it's nice but I haven't gotten enough of it

4. grecian

grecian Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from aruba
    pollen is great. it is way better than normal pot. but i always go for skunk cuz pollen is too expensive for what it is round my way.

5. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    Thats something I've never tried..never seen it (unless it's the same thing as keif)

6. bubaloo

bubaloo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    the pollen that i had before came from one of those griders that catch it in the bottom, it was then pressed into a block. it was awesome, if you put a flame to it, it caught alight straight away. it was probably the nicest smoke ive had.

7. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    The pollen that is caught in the bottom of those grinders smells like a spice, a good smelling one. It is kind of brown/tan colored it is good stuff. And yes it is the same thing as kief, but it includes the crystals that were ground out. Another way to do this is to go to bennies, walmart, kmart etc. and get a electric coffee grinder. The cheaper the better. If it has a slant face then cool crap. Any grinder will do it, just grind your mj up into the desired consistency (no need to break buds up just grind). The stems will seperate out. And on the cap pollen/kief will develop.

Now you dont have to buy it

Muirner

8. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Pollen (or Polm as I call it staying loyal to its Dutch roots) is the only decent gear you can buy on the streets in Ireland (that's me btw). The stuff is a way better high than crappy soapbar and it lasts way longer because it's more compressed.

Pollen or Polm aren't words you here too often outside of Holland and the UK because most decent hashish is actually polm. It's just that in Ireland/UK we label soap as hash, hence better hash as polm.