poppy eating?

Discussion in 'Opium & Poppy' started by hacnslash, Aug 10, 2004.

1. hacnslash

hacnslash Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Has anybody tried eating poppies? I mean not dried, just green ripe poppies. This is more of an informational question, eating them would probably be a waste since i'd imagine you need a lot of em.

1. 3/5,
      probably useful for others to read, a question many might have
      Sep 10, 2010
  2. Kemikaru_Tenshu

Kemikaru_Tenshu Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o
    I have made poppy smoothies on quitea few occasions and they worked well. Just blend your greenies with a little yogurt, some milk, ice, and the fruit of your choice (I use strawberries). Chewing green poppies alone is kind of like eating grass clippings, so it's not very appealing. Then again I don't like green vegetables either, so others may be more accepting of the taste/texture of the pods for the results they produce. If you have access to them give em a try, you won't be disappointed.

Another piece of advice though is if you have been watching the life cycle of the pods in question; give them a good amount of time from when they drop their blooms before you eat them. They actually produce more alkaloidsafter they bloom than before.

~KT

3. hacnslash

hacnslash Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    thanks for the info, it's just that i don't wanna do the whole slitting blabla since i grow em outside...plus extracting opium is blatantly illegal, making tea should be somehow less illegal (if there is such a thing) than full blown slitting the poppies.

4. Kemikaru_Tenshu

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o
    Scoring the pods in plain view is definably a bad idea if you don't have privacy. There are ways it could be done of course, but I prefer to harvest and then make various concoctions with the freshies and dry the remainder for making more assorted concoctions.

If one has his mind set on smokable O there are also ways to create this from the pods without scoring/bleeding/scraping them. But tea is always a winner and requires minimal effort.

~KT

5. hacnslash

hacnslash Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    yes, true, tea is healthier than smoking anyway, if you really wanted i guess you could boil all the pods and dry the tea and smoke that, it'd probably be a rather low yield though.

6. Kemikaru_Tenshu

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o
    <BLOCKQUOTE> Originally posted by hacnslash on 11 August 2004
    <HR>
    yes, true, tea is healthier than smoking anyway, if you really wanted i guess you could boil all the pods and dry the tea and smoke that, it'd probably be a rather low yield though.
    <HR>
    </BLOCKQUOTE>

It's true you can dry the extract and smoke the residue, but it is actually more difficult to get usable results this way. It is usually better to roll some tobacco or marijuana in the residue and smoke that.

~KT

7. pancho

pancho Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Minnesota, U.S.A.
    how many pods would you have to eat to get nice effects?

8. Kemikaru_Tenshu

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o
    Depends on the pod. Generally, SWIKT would consume the equivalent of 20-30g ofground dried material. This includes crown, pod, knob, and about a half inch of stem. Start SMALL.

I would suggest an individual make up2 batches containing 10g a piece, consume the first to gauge their reaction, giving it at LEAST an hour and a half to come to full effect, and then consuming the rest as necessary to get the effect desired.

The key to not making oneself sick is to take it slow, giving each additional amount consumed at least an hour to an hour and a half to come to full effect.

Consuming the ground material as is produces a stronger effect than consuming tea made from the same ground material, so if your going to do that drop the amount down some.

~KT

Tags: