1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Poppy Seed Tea

Discussion in 'Opium & Poppy' started by curious_1, Mar 4, 2017.

1. curious_1

curious_1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from Wyoming
    I am interested in learning the simplest, but effective way to make Poppy Seed Tea from seeds purchased at my local supermarket. I do not have any experience in making/drinking this tea, however my gf's hubby made this and they drank it together and she tells me she had a very good 'morphine' like high. So I am very curious to try this myself. Any help wld be very appreciated:)

2. perro-salchicha614

perro-salchicha614 The Pipe Lady Titanium Member Supporter

Reputation Points:
    from Headache City
    I usually just refer people to the poppy tea thread in my Opium Den group, but the groups aren't imported yet... :mad:

You need:

half a pound to a pound of unwashed Papaver somniferum seeds
    lemon/lime juice
    about a cup of water per half pound of seeds

Take a gallon size milk or juice jug (after washing it out first, of course), and pour the seeds in. I recommend using a funnel.
    Add about a cup of warm water per half pound of seeds.
    Add a few hearty squirts of lemon or lime juice.
    Shake the living crap out of it for about 3 minutes.
    Secure some folded cheesecloth or a piece of an old t-shirt over the opening with a rubber band.
    Squeeze the liquid into a cup.
    Repeat for another wash. You could even try to do a third wash, but I don't find I get enough out of it.

And voila! Opium in a cup...

Make sure you drink it really slowly, since it can take a while to kick in with this ROA. I recommend using half a pound of seeds and only drinking the first wash if this is your first time and you have no opiate tolerance. Remember: you can always take more, but you can't take less.

3. curious_1

curious_1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from Wyoming
    Thanks so much. I am new to a lot of these terms, so forgive me for asking a dumb ? What are the terms: Voila, ROA and opium in a cup??

4. perro-salchicha614

Reputation Points:
    from Headache City
    ROA means route of administration (in this case, oral).

I said "opium in a cup" because that's basically what you end up with... a cup full of opium alkaloids washed from the seeds.

The "voila" part was just my lame attempt at being jazzy. :D

5. curious_1

curious_1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from Wyoming
    OMG! I feel like an IDIOT! I re-read ur post and I got it now lOl. I was distracted by a pair of unwanted eyes rubber-necking over my shoulder. Thanks again, and I apologize for my very slow wit

6. curious_1

curious_1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from Wyoming
    Can u tell me if the more potent seeds shld be light or dark black?

7. perro-salchicha614

Reputation Points:
    from Headache City
    I've found darker seeds to be much stronger than lighter ones. Some people make the mistake of assuming that because opium is a whitish color when a pod is first scored that whitish seeds must be covered in latex. This is not true, because opium latex oxidizes after exposure to the air.

If you see seeds that are a light grey color, they've almost certainly been washed. You can see the difference between the lighter-colored spice aisle seeds and blackish unwashed bulk seeds if you compare the two side by side.

8. curious_1

curious_1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from Wyoming
    Wonderful! Thanks a lot for ur help:p

9. Kaja93

Kaja93 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    24 y/o from Usa
    Try to get "organic" if possible. Also, visually inspect the contents. The more bits and pieces of pods in tbe mix definatly helps in my experience. Ive never had disapointing results and my tolerance is exceptionally high compared to most. 300g minimal, just be careful :) have fun

10. Healer

Healer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Crypto
    I've always wanted to try opium. So half a pound of seeds only makes one cup of tea? How long can I store the stuff? I'd love to sip on opium poppy tea all day today if it actually is worth the money buying the seeds. Do stores like Walmart commonly carry these seeds or any grocery store or must I go to some odd-ball store to find them?

11. Kaja93

Kaja93 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    24 y/o from Usa
    My last experience was walmart brand organic seeds. It was a bit more expensive that way. Previously i had ordered bulk online. Needles to say, the walmart brand was pretty good. Anywhere from 250 to 500g should produce results. I personally downed it as fast as possible and the effects lasted a good while. But if you plan on sipping all day, id suggest that you make a 250 or 300g dose to start then wait an hour at least to proceed to drink more. Also after so long the seeds begin to swell. for Best results i would make sure to strain no later than 30-40 minutes. As for storage? Id assume its the same as any other beverage

12. Healer

Healer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Crypto
    I'll just make a cup from scratch every time I want one. That will let me gauge how fucked up I am. When I'm spilling seed all over the floor that's when I know to chill out. I looked up walmart online and doesn't show any organic poppy seed. Are all store poppy seeds gonna be Papaver somniferum? They got 5 pound bags. Thats what I'm lookin for. 10 cups right there xD

13. perro-salchicha614

Reputation Points:
    from Headache City
    If you're getting seeds meant for baking, they're going to be P. somniferum. Opium poppies are sometimes referred to as "breadseed" poppies because their seeds are the ones used in baking.

I wouldn't try to store PST for more than a week. There's all sorts of dirt and possibly fungus mixed in with unwashed seeds, and this stuff can get nasty pretty fast, even if you refrigerate it.

14. slayer180

slayer180 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Someone needs to say this for general knowledge and harm reduction purposes even though it may seem obvious. This tea (opium in a cup is a great description) will cause a failed drug test, high levels of morphine, some codeine, and some hydromorphone can/will all be detected on a decent drug test. Absolutely speaking from experience here, nearly got kicked from pain management because of poppy seeds but that is a story for another day.

Three days minimum but probably more to be safe to get it out of system for a urine test.

The other warning for harm reduction is that the seeds taken this way are addictive, tolerance and dependence will develop so be careful not to end up a daily user who suffers withdrawals if you don't have it.

Be safe and enjoy, its great natural stuff that definitely helps with pain and sleep. As with everything be responsible and use in moderation at the most.

15. Healer

Healer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Crypto
    I don't work for anybody so I don't piss test. The only piss tests I give are to my PCP. He's not looking for drugs but by default his tests are a tox screen so he sees drugs if Ive taken them. I taught him about Kratom the last time he asked me to take a piss test to get tramadol I tested for Hydromorphone and something else from Kratom. I told him I been taking Kratom for the pain but need him to give me tramadol cuz I can't afford my natural stuff.

Believe me I'm gonna pickup a kilo of seed and just chill in my house for a solid week. I love the mellow effects of these type of drugs. It really helps me be more decisive and grow enough balls to take risks with my work that I'll do something new and fuck up and waste 6 hours of work. Too bad I make good decisions on Morphine =D That's pill form I haven't done that in a while. Im curious how similar the tea is?

16. curious_1

curious_1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from Wyoming
    Thanks for the info Healer..Idk what went wrong w/the tea I made last night, but I had absolutely zero effect from it..I followed the instructions I was given-precisely-and it was like drinking lemon water..I got dark colored seeds too:(dissapointed!!
    So, guess I'll try another tonight and hopefully can find a bag containing the 'bits' u described..!!

17. Healer

Healer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Crypto
    Awh that sucks ): You bought the right type of opium seeds right?

18. curious_1

curious_1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from Wyoming
    I'll sure feel pretty d stupid if I didn't lol..they were packaged black seeds labeled as Raw Whole Poppy Seeds!?!

19. Healer

Healer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Crypto
    Mmmhm If it doesnt say the species/strain of the poppy the seeds are on the bag or under the ingredients if it has ingredients listed than you should google the brand name of it and maybe find out that strain of poppy they are. My walmart sells bags of poppy seeds but they arent the right type

20. curious_1

curious_1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from Wyoming
    What shld I be looking for in the ingredients? If u don't mind helping! I'm obviously very new to all this:rolleyes: