1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Poppy tea pro-tips and tricks

The Opium Den

1. perro-salchicha614

perro-salchicha614 Pepperoni Addict Titanium Member Supporter

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o from Headache City
    Here's one I discovered recently: lime juice seems to make much more potent "tea" than lemon. I've tried this several times, and the increase in potency seems to be consistent.

Feel free to add your own tips for making better "tea."

2. Emilita

Emilita Palladium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    This could be due to the limes having a high acidcity point than lemons. The graph explains; [​IMG]

I find that when I go to my bulk local wholesale market has the best seeds. Packet mixtures just don't have that same 'ohhh' feeling attached to it, in my experience.( I also prefer to reuse containers and limit my carbon footprint as much as possible)

I follow your method of a cottom shirt over the bottle with a hairband, a tip you suggested in a previous post.

Attached Files:

3. perro-salchicha614

Reputation Points:
    That's kind of what I was thinking too. You wouldn't think that a relatively small increase in acidity would make such a difference, but here I am, high as a kite from drinking an amount of tea that would usually leave me feeling nothing...

What I've been wondering is whether there's a point at which a further increase in acidity wouldn't increase the amount of morphine that's extracted.

4. Emilita

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I've been preserving lately with such beautiful local fruits around and I would love to use the last of the lemons I have to preserve them with poppies. It would be intresting to see what results it would bring. Obviously you'd still have to filter, it would be intresting what a setting of poppies and lemon preserves in a jar after 3 months would have any affect.

You could increase the PH of the water you're using for your wash. This can be done by adding baking soda to your water or lemon juice. You can get little test strips that will tell you until you learn the measurements and can do it without testing.

There are some nifty cooking tips that make use of extraction but I can't remember them and @gonzochef is going to know far more, if there is anyway possible of getting more out of poppies seeds.

5. Somewhere in the middle

Somewhere in the middle The Fairy Princess Silver Member Supporter Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from On a journey of improvement
    @Emilita and @perro-salchicha614

Is that where this tip came from? When it was suggested to use PST to ween off of opiates I was instructed to do this, but instead used a flour-sac cloth and hair binder :) worked awesomely!

I need to look into the co-ops here for unwashed seeds, as pst is an item not on the check list for my u/a's.

In other news... Damn I wish we all lived closer, I could really use a girls night. :(
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 29, 2017 ---
    @Emilita

It just occured to me that this...
    Might be a bit confusing lol. Flour-sac cloths are super large dish cloths that are white and can be used to place over bread dough as it rises. They are 100% cotton. Not sure if they are called that in Aus. ;)

6. Emilita

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Have a look into your local market and grocer, there are places that bulk sell. This is where I buy all my seeds, wholemeal flour, and what not. This lets me have multiple disinfected and sterile containers to keep my cooking supplies. They are littered all around my area but there should be some wheolsale markets near the city docks or cuisine based suburbs.

I use to used a muslin cloth (finer than a flour-sac cloth) to strain but swapped to Perro's recommendation (she's the opium Queen of the forums). After reading a recent post about using a wire strainer for completing a wash, sound like an intresting idea. Logistically, I have no idea how to get it back into the bottle for the important 2nd rinse.

Otherwise I've found an empty stomach and music. I don't know if it's me or music but it does seem to add to the ambience.

(Corrected spelling error)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  7. Somewhere in the middle

Somewhere in the middle The Fairy Princess Silver Member Supporter Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from On a journey of improvement
    What I have done is used a specific brand of bottled water because A. It's actually the type of bottled water I drink and B. The bottles are much thicker. And a 4 cup/32oz glass measuring cup. The measuring cup is for liquid so it has a pour spout. This allows me to pour it back into the water bottle a bit easier.

However, after my first go at it, I learned it still spills a bit so I actually place the water bottle into a glass bowl to catch spills. Then dump whatever spilled back into the glass measuring cup. I usually only have to do it once as the liquid that spilled isn't usually a whole lot.

Lol that she is!
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 29, 2017 ---
    I also use the same method to do CWE on opiates, only I forgo the water bottle and use 2 glass measuring cups.

8. perro-salchicha614

Reputation Points:
    Are your tests random or scheduled, and do they test for morphine? PST can make you fail a test for it. The upper limit of the detection time is about 3 days.

9. DeepGreenSea

DeepGreenSea Fac Fortia et Patere Titanium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from american_samoa
    I am Awful but so is Spell
    check. I'm sure you meant muslin cloth, not Muslim.

10. gonzochef

gonzochef Professional lab rat Palladium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from U.S.A.
    The lime undoubtedly works better due to the acidity. I use vinegar (acetic acid), and while it makes the tea a bit rank I've learned to stomach it. And besides, I almost always reduce my tea into a solid putty...

11. Name goes here

Name goes here Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts
    Not related to making tea but if you make more tea then needed, pouring your usual amount that you drink into individual cups and freezing it, the tea holds its potency. As a bonus, you can thaw a single serving. I have not kept any around more then a few months however the tea did not change taste or effects.

After making tea, placing it in the refrigerator for 12 hours will separate the unwanted oils to the top and plant materials settled at the bottom. Doing this stops my next day headache. Kind of a requirement on the occasion I indulged in poppy tea.