Health - Possible Adverse Effects of DXM/DXO

Discussion in 'DXM' started by WhiteRyan, Nov 11, 2004.

1. WhiteRyan

WhiteRyan Newbie

Reputation Points:
    -----DXM/DXO possible negative effects-----

****Most of the time I say DXM I mean DXO call me lazy sorry!!

1) long term/regular use it can cause deterioration of language, motor skills, memory, loss of emotion, antisocial behaviour for quite some time.

2) long term/regular use can cause a change in sigma activity, permanent changes in neurons(took 3 days for DXM to produce the changes the haloperidol produced in a few hours)

3) Extreme regular use can lead to withdrawal symptoms consistent with opiate withdrawal, and obviously mental withdrawals depending on the person.

4) DXM can be used to prevent seizures, but in extreme recreational dosages it can induce them, EXPECIALLY in epileptics.

5) In cough syrups containing guaifenesin it has been reported to have lost motor function to the point of choking on their own tongues. If this happens to someone grab their tongue and hold outside of mouth until functions return or ambulance arrives, good luck with that.

6) Onley's Lesions possibly are attributed to use -- Onley's Lesions===(particular type of damage observed that occurs primaryly to the posterior cingulate-[ones behaviour, verbal and auditory memory, spatial memory, cognition, language, and metaphor comprehension], the retrosplenial cortex-[novelty encoding, learning, memory, and emotional behaviour], the hippocampus and adjacent areas are well known to be deeply involved in intermediate-term memory, and forming relationships between sensory data, and damage to the hippocampal formation causes amnesia. And to a lesser extent the entorhinal cortex, dentate gyrun, and olfactory regions).

?‡?‡?‡?‡?‡?‡?‡?‡But remember the body/brain can always recover at some rate after use is ceased?‡?‡?‡?‡?‡?‡?‡?‡

7) You can build up tolerence to DXM/DXO.

8) Things to worry about when abusing DXM: hypertensive crises, serotonin syndrome, damage to the kidneys(pissing blood fun stuff), liver, and pancreas, heart arrhythmias, antisocial behaviour(yes your own), psychotic breaks, muscle degeneration.

9) Can induce weight loss, and use during pregnancy has a high chance of brain damage and possibly epilepsy.

Sorry I was just skimming threw different articles, so it aint complete or professional, just little stuff that caught my eye...and im really high(on life) sooo..yeah. BE SAFE

2. Curtains

Curtains Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Definitly happening to my monkey ever since it started doing DXM heavily it can never find the word it's looking for when it's speaking, even if its something simple it ends up stumbling over its words

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2007
  3. WhiteRyan

WhiteRyan Newbie

Reputation Points:
    After not using for a while does one recover from the deterioration???

4. Curtains

Curtains Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    My monkey's words:
    "i haven't used heavy for 3-4 months now just do a little every once and awhile to see my tolerance and for fun, but its still affects me to this day, i'll get confused about what word i want to say....though i don't think its as bad as it was but its still here"

5. serotonin

serotonin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    A story...

6. Curtains

Curtains Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    if ur neighbor is talking about when ur actually on it...yea my monkey sorta get that like it just feels like our society/human race is just so weird and how we go about our lives, and also that it's not the person it really is...bodywise sometimes it just feels like it's warping like parts of it shrink and others grow