Experiences - Possible Laced Pot

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by raiston, Apr 13, 2006.

1. raiston

raiston Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hi, I'm looking for help identifying whether or not some pot I smoked yesterday was laced. I smoke pot on a regular basis, and have tried so many species I've lost count. Many times I've smoked heroic amounts and there never have been any bad reactions with me (well, except this one time when it turned out to be laced with PCP).

The pot I smoked yesterday was from a new supplier. After smoking a bit of it I remember thinking the pot was pretty good. Later that night I smoked a LOT of it with a friend of mine. Soon I found myself feeling slightly nauseated. After a while I completely zoned out, unaware of my surroundings. I'm told I suddenly put my arms straight out with completely clenched fists and remained immobile until my friend started yelling my name. At that point I completely freaked out, as I thought I was driving the car (even though we were parked and I was in the passenger seat) and thought I was going to crash any moment as I couldn't see properly (extremely blurry vision). I was saying things that you'd expect someone about to drive head-on into a parked to say. My friends tried calming me down and the intense fear I had slowly dissipated over about 5 minutes. After that I became INCREDIBLY tired to the point where I could barely speak (I usually don't get tired from pot). My friend drove me home and I slept for about 4.5 hours, at which point I woke up and felt completely awake and was unable to get back to sleep. I usually sleep extremely well with no drugs in my system or if I'm high on pot.

Do these symptoms seem familiar to anyone? I do know crystal meth laced pot is becoming a problem in my area.

2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Thank you for informing Law Enforcement agencies on a global scale to the illegal use of a controlled substance. Now read the rules about self-incrimination. And all the rules for that matter. They are here to safeguard our members - as well as this forum. In any future posts please tell us about SWIM - Someone Who Isn't Me - or what your pet rat may have once thought of doing.

Other than that, no one here can possibly provide a conclusive answer to the question posed. In that such as methamphetamine can be sold for plenty, it seems far-fetched that someone would mix it with cannabis and sell it as cannabis. It makes no economic sense. It is possible, from the description, that one may have had an anxiety attack. Whatever the cause it would be wise to dispose of the substance and not to restock from the seller.

3. raiston

raiston Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I'm happy to abide by your rules in order to protect your forum owners, but I'd just like to point out the fact I'm in no risk of anything. I live in Vancouver, Canada.

And also, you don't seem to know anything on the subject matter so I don't understand why you're even trying to reply to my question. People in my area have started lacing pot with crystal meth because it's extremely cheap, and results in people who smoke their pot becoming addicted which means more money for them. It's an epidemic over here and hundreds of articles have been published about it.

And I'm asking because if someone can confirm it is in fact laced, I will be talking to the dealer and the other people I know he sells to. I'm not going to do that if I "think" it "might" be laced. I've already tossed what's left of it out just in case.

4. Abrad

Abrad R.I.P. Platinum Member & Advisor R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Are You under the impression that pot is legal in Canada? Does You not read the news?

And I can say with some degree of confidence that nobody is lacing your pot with meth, as Nagognog2 said it would make no sense, regardless of how cheap meth is.
    Does You have a link to any of the "hundreds of articles" that have been written about it?

You smoked too much pot and got paranoid, it happens.

5. raiston

raiston Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I'm losing faith in humanity...

Here, read this:
    http://www.mapinc.org/newstcl/v06/n132/a05.html

It's not the most conclusive article but it's the first one I came across.

Also, last week I had ahalf ounce of pot confinscated by police along with his pipe and grinder. Confinscated. Then the cops left with no further issue. Pot is not legal in Canada, but it is decriminalized in BC (not under law, it's just cops don't care). The only people that really get prosecuted are dealers, and even then they get off easy. One of SWIM's dealers got busted after being caught red handed by a cop, went to court and they let him off with a fine.

And sure, I could have smoked too much pot and become paranoid, but you see, I have smoked up to a half ounce by himself on several occasions and just gets incredibly high, and last night he smoked no more than a sixteenth.

You guys should stop assuming something is wrong until proven correct. It makes you look like idiots.

6. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Yes - please do provide us with links to some of these articles on this situation. I'm sure many members would be interested in this. Do post some links for these and kindly be sure that the articles have a date on them.

<edit> I see you posted at the same time I did. I'll check that out. And you are getting very, very close to breaking another rule we have: No Flaming. Be careful. You can disagree here - but don't go hurling words like "idiot." Next time this will be an official warning.

7. raiston

raiston Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I apologize. I just felt a little insulted by the attitude I was getting after inquiring on what I consider to be a fairly serious matter.

8. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Okay, well regards the article: It reeks of anti-pot police rhetoric they have been using for decades in the USA. Not sure about Canada. But here in the Untied Snakes the government has been using the "You don't know what's in it" scare to keep kids off the grass. It's also interesting that the police are trying to make this a problem, while admitting they have never actually seen it. Rather saying that pot dealers are unscrupulous bogeymen trying to hook kids on meth.

So unless hard evidence is available, I wouldn't be terribly concerned. It seems the government has cried wolf so often that if there were an actual problem - no one would believe it. That said, perhaps SWIM can find a test-kit for meth to use on any future samples of suspect pot? I'll poke around and see if such exists on the general marketplace.

9. raiston

raiston Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I was considering a test kit actually.

And I understand your skepticism about the article, but you have to understand that Canada's view on pot, especially in BC, is quite accepting. I was caught driving high once and all they did was take away my license for 24 hours. No charges, no problems.

Selling seeds is illegal here, yet stores advertize in neon signs "Marijuana Seeds Sold Here!" and never get busted. They used to, but that was almost a decade ago now. There's a place called "The Amsterdam Cafe" in downtown vancouver where you can go inside, sit down, roll yourself a fatty and toke up. Nobody cares. Cops sure as hell know about it but never do anything about it. Pot is just viewed as harmless by most people in my area.

10. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    It was like that in more progressive communities in the USA for a all-to-brief period of time. From when Nixon was driven from the White House and up until Reagan was elected and declared a "War on drugs" - resurrecting all the bullshit we had hoped had been buried.

But I would caution people that this war is still very much ongoing, even if it's not very evident in one's own community. As an example of how and why, let me give you a brief sample: Here in the USA we have a very well-funded organization called the "Partnership for a Drug Free America." With them we have glossy TV ads and magazines showing things like a fried egg in a hot skillet telling the viewer: "This is your brain on drugs!" Yeah. What they don't tell you - or wish you to find out - is just who is financing this campaign of lies. Follow the money-trail and you find the liquor industry, and beer (Anheuser-Busch mostly). They firmly believe that marijuana can kill - their profit margins. And here in the USA the large corporations run the government. But I'm not going to give a lecture on Fascism. Suffice to say that even though things are better in Vancouver today, the big fat rich man wants that atrocious weed stomped on. And they are willing to do this in any and every way they can afford. And that might include false stories about laced pot making the rounds. One time the government here went so far as to actually poison shipments of marijuana they had captured - and then sell the stuff themselves. but that is another (long) story.

11. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I think you should have sold the rest and gotten your own stable of pot hungry meth junkies going. great income eh? haha seriously though... it doesnt really sound like meth... honestly in any case of pot lacing it would be good to bet pcp as nothing else will contribute to a hallucinogenic state AND be commonly found as a cutting agent. all conjecture... dont take it to heart... if it were swim he would be more careful about buying pot from shady people... btw it bears to mention again that I am a seasoned marijuana addict and he has seen some wild things happen from weed that he knows for fact that was not laced... for example someone blacking out driving coming to a few miles later and being like "oh how did i get here well good thing im not dead eh?" powerful and underestimated is the sweet lady cannabis never be fooled into thinking that it cant just jump up and bite you in the face it would be foolish to discount the possibility...

12. The Doors

The Doors Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I think you should buy from a reliable source that you know, that way you know where it's coming from.

13. raiston

raiston Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yeah I dunno, I'm starting to think it wasn't laced only because my buddy who smoked it with I didn't have a bad reaction. But then again not everyone has a bad trip for any given drug. I'm just having trouble accepting that pot and pot only did this, as I am quite a huge pothead and nothing romotely resembling this has ever happened. I said it didn't even make him feel particularily paranoid compared to other pots he'd smoked.

And SWIM DID think it was a reliable source for various reasons. The only way you can know for sure is if you're friends with the grower really (which are the people I plan to stick to from now on).

Thanks for the input guys.

14. trish

trish Newbie

Reputation Points:
    every once in a while after smoking weed, its possible to experience a situation like that. where everything just goes kind of black for 1 minute and You cant hear people, etc. its called getting anxious. it happens to the best of people...dont worry haha.

actually i think it has been talked about on here before.

I think
    someone finally smoked some killer weed...apparently your friend was more used to it? or u were just the one that had the anxiety attack. you just need to try to relax more.

this weed caused tiredness when it normally doesnt because like You said, it was different (and probly better) weed.

subconciously, You could have also been thinking about the fact that it was differernt stuff, so it made You worry.

weed isnt usually laced because most drugs are way more expensive than weed. dealers would lose money that way.

maybe if they were selling shit as 'chronic' and laced it to make it seem really good...

but that isnt the case here.

pot isnt always pot. each kind affects differently. You was probly introduced to a differnt kind of high?

good luck and try to find a dealer that You knows better so there isnt so much to worry about.

15. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Sounds like You was simply introduced to a differant kind of cannabanoid combination. Each strain is differant so each high is differant.

Laced pot is mostly a myth created by the leaders of the War or Drugs to scare people. It does NOT make sense to lose money by adding expenses to marijuana before selling it. (even if it's cheap in swiy's area, it's still an added expense.) Also, meth is not physically addictive, it's a phsychological addiction... so lacing weed with it (and not letting anybody know it's there) won't cause an addiction.

16. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    reading these experiences , always makes me laugh .lol

17. Hotboxed151

Hotboxed151 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    You were high..get over it. Pot is only laced when the user laces it before smoking.

18. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    It just sounds like an anxiety attack to me. I have seen many people panic on cannnabis. In may ways it is a psychedelic and therefore unpredictable in its effects.