Possible strains not interfering with clarity of thought?

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by gordosuperfly22, May 18, 2006.

1. gordosuperfly22

gordosuperfly22 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Are there any strains that produce a high without affecting the quality and clarity of ones thoughts? One I thought I heard of was called BC Chronic. Is this true and s it possible?

2. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    In regards to BC Chronic I don't know but different strains contain different cannabinoids which effect the mind in various ways so it is possible that there may be a strain out there that doesn't "cloud up" the head as much as others. But if the weed doesn't "cloud up" your head, what's it good for then? Blank weed that doesn't get you stoned but only gives you the munchies? Doesn't sound like much fun to SWIM.

3. Herbal Remedy

Herbal Remedy Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    hmmm, that is tough cuz well, people smoke herb to alter their state of consciousness...

SWiHR (who is by no means an expert, especially compared to some of the other members) finds that Indica strains tend to be stronger on the body, while Sativa strains are stronger on the mind (this is not ALWAYS the case).

But, while Indicas seem to be stronger on SWiHR's body, he also finds that they leave him very "out of it" and "burnt out" in his head... So Indicas do effect the clarity of SWiHR's thoughts pretty strongly.

Sativas will give SWiHR a stronger mental high than body buzz, but its also the kind of high that gets him off his ass and jump starts the creative thinking... These creative thoughts dont always add up to much, but SWiHR is definatly more sharp minded when puffin on sativa, than indica... maybe a good mix is what you need.

Discussing strains over these boards is kinda pointless though, unless you have access to a relable source for a variety of strains (which is tough in the states). SWiHR suggests you do a lil research on the different strains of bud available at the shops so when you do have the opportunity to try them out, you know what you are looking for. Otherwise, maybe you should just wait till after youve completed all your "clear-thought-requiring-tasks" before you toke up. Unless you get well-aquianted with a certain strain (pretty much build up a tolerance n such) you should probably just save the herb till the end of the night...

SWiHR is sure that some other members will be more helpful, especially with naming some specific strains for you to try. SWiHR usually disregards the names people sell the herb as, since his source is the "blanc market" and not a reputable source... sorry for rambling, its a bad habbit hehe, peace...

4. melt_000

melt_000 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    people say that thc is the "high" (hallucinogenic) part and cbl/cbn is the "stoned" (depressant) part, which would be responsible for the "clouding". taking the marijuana orally as cooked in food will alter the quality of high becasue the chemicals are absorbed differently, some say making it less confusing. strains have probably been developed by the personal tastes of the growers, and there may be a higher ratio of thc to other ingredients in "better" bud, becuase a lot of people definnitely agree that some bud produces a "cleaner" high, but i've never heard of anybody doing chemical analysis on different strains to prove it. unless you're growing it yourself it doesn't really matter, the only thing you can do is look at it and try to guess if it's good or not..

5. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Herbal Remedy brings up a good point there. Seeing as marijuana is illegal (almost everywhere) finding specific strains is nearly impossible. The blank market ensures that weed sold as Jack Herrer to one person could be Northern Lights sold to another person. The dealer can call it what they want. With no official market it's like a late 19th century touring gimmick carnival.

6. Herbal Remedy

Herbal Remedy Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Could be my first!

One option that could always considered (but may be illegal depending on where you live) would be to research a strain you may like, and get seeds from a reputable vendor (sorry, no sources for ya) and grow your own. This might be a lil far fetched though, as you may or may not be an everyday stoner who could use/desire his own plants. Again, I'm sorry I can't help more. Im sure some other members will help with more specific info, peace...

7. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Each Pot Strain works a little differently on each person. This makes the question impossible to answer.

The way for Gordosuperfly to find out which Strain can give him clarity is to try all of them, until he finds that particular Strain. Take your time.

The other thing is, Pot is a hallucinogin. If you believe that it will affect you in a certain way, you can convince your mind of that. Look deeply for Clarity, and your wish may come true.

But, if I want clarity, I take an RC.

The other thing is, Gordo has not mentioned is if any Strain has been close to this effect.