1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Drug info - Possible to sleep after taking LSD?

Discussion in 'LSD Discussions' started by king1, Aug 18, 2005.

1. king1

king1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    my friend I was wondering if it is possible to sleep on an acid trip (more towards the end) or do u stay wide awake for the full trip?

2. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Usually an Acid Trip is enough to keep me Awake.

A one-post Newbie. I hope this is a Real question.

Acid affects different people differently. When I take it, I take it to Awaken into the miracle of an Acid Trip. So, as the Trip progresses, I am pretty interested in Tripping(well, certainly not bored enough to go to sleep).

I could imagine a scenario where I got 3hours sleep the night before I Tripped. I did 4 hours of hard labor during my Trip. I am about half-way down. I take a few deep breaths. I plop down in the grass and close my eyes. ... This might coax me into a nap. Barring that, I would not want to "waste" some of the Magic time trying to go to sleep.

3. Softrat

Softrat Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Oh jesus don't even think aout sleeping untill the drug has way worn off. LSD is a very powerful stimulient and most people can not sleep until it's effects are long gone.

4. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I can't sleep while on any psychadelic, especially Cid. My mind is too active and the visualisations prevent me from falling out of consciousness. I've noticed as well, when on Cid or shrooms, I start to feel very tired, yawning and stretching a lot, but never reach the stage where I fall asleep.

5. fishinabottle

fishinabottle Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from american_samoa
    Depends. When I have been awake since the early morning and take a hit at midnight then it can happen that I fall asleep at eight or ten o┬┤clock, in special when I drink beer and smoke MJ too.

Mostly beautiful dreams - well actually this also depends. Input = output, so I usually watch a nice video and/or listen to smooth music before going asleep.

6. VictorBorge

VictorBorge Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Normally I can never ever sleep on acid, but I once stayed up all night
    on a polydrug binge -- acid, 2c-t-7, nitrous, methylone, ambien, MDA,
    more acid -- and after dosing the MDA and the final acid (which I
    barely even remember doing) I kind of blacked out for a few hours.
    Wouldn't call it sleep, but I was definitely out. I blame mostly the
    ambien and it being 4:00am.

But, if you're tired and fried enough, you can lose consciousness on acid (and MDA apparently).

7. glogga

glogga Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It's possible but if you think about it at all you won't.

8. Ketamina

Ketamina Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have never been able to sleep when she 'wants' to on an LSD trip. The best she can do is close her eyes and watch spinning geometric images, which don't go away for what seems like hours. Oddly enough, the same thing happens to her on MDMA, but sleep comes easier on that. Nothing she can do will allow her to sleep.

9. Freakin_KAT

Freakin_KAT Newbie

Reputation Points:
    asleep ha never and hell why would you even want to sleep on acid deer lord I cant find one of these smilys things to express the way I feel right now but it wouldnt be a possative smily I tell you here Ill give you this one if you fall asleep on acid[​IMG]

Know what sorry it is possable to go to sleep a friend did it he said he had a freaky dream as if in klydascope world but I dont know I hink he was lying o well had to share this

10. MindMachine

MindMachine Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I slept on LSD once by taking a normal dose of Nytol.

I can't recommend it but that is an option if you think you have to.

11. Strangedaze39

Strangedaze39 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i slept on lsd i only had about 4 hours of sleep in the last 48 hours -multi dosing- i woke up around 5 hours later still tripping. so i would say its possible. probably just the situation i was in most likely not going to happen again. drugs effect everyone differently. anything could happen

12. elemya

elemya Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I can fall asleep on anything, but I don't think that's the general rule. It is a waste of acid, but when you have a LOT it really doesnt matter much. Tonight i'll take a drop of liquid, write a little, draw a little.. and go to sleep.

13. ambrosius

ambrosius Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I've known one person who has a strange reaction to LSD. She falls asleep about 20 minutes before it kicks in for me, starts talking in her sleep, then wakes up about an hour into the trip.

Interesting, but strange.

14. Caliform

Caliform Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    50 ug dosed sleep is possible to excite dreams. It works for me, but I get all warm and fuzzy after about one and a half hour.

15. Arandur

Arandur Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Possible to sleep soon after taking LSD?

Is it possible for a person to fall asleep (unaided by chemicals) within an hour of taking LSD, or would the drug wake you up/keep you awake once it kicked in?

16. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: Possible to sleep soon after taking LSD?

Of course it's possible, but not likely for most people. But every chemical effects everybody differantly.

17. Deano81

Deano81 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada

I found sleeping next to impossible the one time he tried to sleep on Alice Dee, he was at the tail end of a night of tripping though.
    An hour in would be almost impossible IMO.

18. ProtectedByTheGods

ProtectedByTheGods Newbie

Reputation Points:

For SWIM it would be impossible, even he already was awake for long hours
    before dropping. The acid simply won't let his mind rest enough to fall asleep.

19. Mona Lisa

Mona Lisa Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

SWIM completely agrees. ^^

20. Sky Walker

Sky Walker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth

What about taking the acid just as your going to sleep? Do you think this would would cause the person to wake once it kicks in, or just cause some crazy ass dreams?