1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Smoking - possible to smoke roxy 30's?

Discussion in 'Oxycodone' started by returntozero, Aug 9, 2010.

1. returntozero

returntozero Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    swimmers often post about smoking oc's, so swim was wondering if people have had success smoking roxy 30's? (blues) 30 mg oxycodone

share your experiences

swim was thinking about trying to use a vaporizor commonly used for marijuana...one of the "volcano" type ones

2. PrincessJo x

PrincessJo x

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.K.
  3. tycon69

tycon69 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    I was watching a documentary about oxycontin in florida (oxycontin express or something) and the guy would put pills on a piece of tin foil and light the bottom so the pill would vaporize and he sucked it up with a straw. IMHO it does not sound like a very good idea. Aluminum is a neurotoxin and is never good to smoke from. The vaporizer may work, but personally SWIM would just eat them.

4. junkbox

junkbox Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    crush them and put them up swiy's nose!

5. xenos

xenos Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    I've seen someone smoke an Oxycontin 80(which is A LOT, do not try this unless you have a proportional tolerance). From my understanding however, this is not a preferred way of ingesting oxycodone because a)the pill fillers aren't made to be smoked, and b)it burns/wastes the oxycodone. Perhaps trying an extraction of the pills to get pure oxycodone would be the harm-reduction way of smoking them. Obviously its a better idea to eat them...

6. xxxjjjxxx

xxxjjjxxx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    swim smokes roxies (blues) regularly, and has seen 2 ways of doing it. one is placing on a square of tinfoil, lighting it from underneath and inhaling the smoke through a straw as the pill slides down the foil as it vaporizes. the second is getting a rectangle of tin, folding the tin over the pill, crushing it into powder, then open the tin, make the powder into a line across the crease in the foil, lighting the powder in sections and inhaling the smoke as the powder vaporizes

7. battonbutterfly

battonbutterfly Newbie

Reputation Points:
    25 y/o Female from Florida, U.S.A.
    Yes you can, swim used to do them alll the time, loved it. for some reason, swim loves the taste the smoke from the pill produces, while everyone else hates it lol.

8. ismokereefer

ismokereefer Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    SWIM heard It is possible to smoke them, however it isnt as good of a buzz as OC. He also heard to wet it in your mouth before you smoke it because they catch on fire REALLY easy.

9. Becca7

Becca7 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    Roxicodone doesn't have fillers/buffers in it other than the pill coating and binder that holds it together. It's an instant release form of oxycodone. Oxycontin DOES have buffers in it since it's a time released pill. There's no extraction method needed for either of them cuz there's no other drug in them. Cold water extraction, etc.... is used for pills like Percocet, Vicadin,... that have Tylenol or other drugs in them also. Some peeps like to crisp Oxycontin to melt off the buffer. No reason to do that with Roxicodone.

Yes, either can be smoked but most experienced users seem to think this is a waste. Sniffing, plugging, parachuting seem to be most preferred ways other than eating or disolving. Have heard about injecting it also but this is REALLY dangerous. :thumbsdown:

10. CrookieMonster

CrookieMonster Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from California, U.S.A.
    yes they are but why dont you simply snort them or eat them? youll get a higher bioavailability and your lungs wont feel like shit afterwards.. ontop of that when smoked the high only lasts for a few mins at most..

11. AddyCrazy

AddyCrazy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    SWIM Agrees he has done them by insufflation, eating and smoking. Smoking was the least effective and did not provide as good a rush as one would expect even at elevated doses. Eating was obviously the longest lasting but least rush while snorting obviously the best rush with not too much of a decrease in duration although snorting pills is not very healthy. Since this is a harm reduction forum oral ingestion is the best route as far as safety although snorting pure oxycodone pills is probably the least harmful of all pills to snort and is unlikely to cause health problems unless one does it repeatedly, very often and in high quantities.

12. dullskull

dullskull Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o Male from U.S.A.

My pet iguana got high as shit,but his ass is broke today and he AINT TOO HAPPY!!!!:s

13. AddyCrazy

AddyCrazy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    SWIM has done it and the results were not worth it seeing as they can be quite expensive. He did get high but it felt more like an opium high rather than a powerful opiate/opioid high and it was short lived. SWIM personally sticks to insufflation for the rush and euphoria and uses orally for the longest lasting with euphoria. Smoking oxycodone just doesn't work all to well SWIM doesn't know why exactly but is guessing its due to it vaporizing vs burning(destruction) temperature which may be close. He has only used the chase the dragon method though so maybe the vape will yield different results. Find out the temperature and set it to that SWIM'd be very interested in a true vaporizing result. But due to oxycodone's Pharmacological properties oral bioavailability is the highest followed by intranasal so he doesn't know how worth it it really is unless SWIY has a large supply and doesn't care about wasting.

14. happy honker

happy honker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    i was prescribed oxy's for my back pain. 30mg's. When i ingested them, i got stomach pain. I was told by my duck, who quacks alot, that if i smoked them, that my stomach would not experience the pain. In my dream that night, i tried it and it worked. I had stomach pain but my back pain was lessened considerably. My duck, although he is chatty, brought me good fortune and less side affects. In my dream, there were a couple of ways i smoked them. One was, put the whole pill on foil, light the underside, and chase the pill as i smoked through a straw. The other way, which in my dream, i liked better, grind up the pill in a powder form, fold the foil in half and pour the powder in the fold. Light the underside and smoke through the straw.

happy honker added 76 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

in my last post, i meant to say that when smoking them, i experienced no stomach pain.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  15. Sugar1

Sugar1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    Try crusing it into powder and sprinkleing it into a blunt with some weed . Swim once did this with OC's

16. phillyblunt420

phillyblunt420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    how did that work out for the person who wasent you sugar1?

17. PsychoActivist

PsychoActivist Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    I was always under the impression that applying direct heat this way would destroy the Oxy and thus produce no effect... can someone confirm or correct this assumption?

18. AddyCrazy

AddyCrazy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Its not applying the heat directly more applying a flame directly that'll destroy it. The way mentioned above is probably the least effecient vap/smoking method. Although it will work because the cherry and hot smoke are vaporizing the oxy.

19. Sugar1

Sugar1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    Once I heard a friend did this a was extremly fucked up . Once swim did this but poped a pill or two and then smoke a blunt or two of the laced blunts . Got swim pretty fucked up too

20. Piglet

Piglet Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    46 y/o Male from U.K.
    Oxycodone hydrochloride is very water soluble. It's BP is high & thermal decomposition begins before vapourization - oxycodone freebase is almost insoluble in water and it's BP is much lower, at a point where major degredation won't occur.

If you dissolve oxycodone & say, APAP, in a minimal amount of water & filter out insoluble binders - adding NaOH until the pH reaches 12 means the oxycodone crashes out...