"post-roll" euphoria

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by Peace Frog, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Peace Frog

Peace Frog Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I'm not sure if a thread on this topic has already been submitted, and I did search the forums and couldn't find anything that I was looking for. so I'm going to tell the story of a friend.

SWIM dropped an E Saturday mid-evening, and had a pretty nice roll for the night. There were some 'emotion changing' events, but they aren't important to the point of this thread. Today (sunday) I felt horrible in the morning, he hadn't showered in a few days due to certain events, and he hadn't slept well either. After being awake for a few hours, I went to go have a shower.

I was very surprised when he stepped into the shower.... the affects of the E had warn off well before his shower (at this point over 12 hours after dose), but when he went into the shower he had an "extra-sensory" touch to the water and the heat in the shower.

He spent close to half an hour under the water in total. He soaped up, and as soon as the water hit him and rinsed the soap, I felt a euphoric and phenominal release and cleansing. Like the soap was the layer of dirt that was covering him and was being washed away with purity. This also cleansed my mind and put him back into an "overall feeling of contentment" state. After rinsing he washed his hair and went through the same process as he usually does, but instead of scrubbing the shampoo out, he just stood under the water and let the same "Cleansing" affect take place from his head all the way to his feet.

I amn't sure if this is the MDMA still in his system, or if he can actually "control", if you will, the euphoric affects from the MDMA and bring them back through certain events.

I am also not sure if this could be due to a higher level of seretonin from rolling every weekend for the passed month.

SWIM and I are curious as to other peoples thoughts on this, it was definently a beautiful feeling after the dirt(mental and physical) that we've been through this weekend.

2. red_LED

red_LED Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have occassionally felt "post-roll euphoria", it can be described as a slight tingling sensation and up/down head rushes, though mild, definitely controllable, pleasant, and activated by thought/concentration, music, or anything thats comforting (shower, for example). I found this happens the morning/day after on a night with good pills. Pills that are deemed pretty potent by an experienced user. Anyway, SWIM enjoys this morning-after head rush but sometimes SWIM also like waking up entirely sober and reflecting back on the beautiful night that was had before.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2007
  3. PsychoActiveChuck

PsychoActiveChuck Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I'm not sure if this counts but...
    I took 2 blue dolphins at a tiesto rave at the lizard lounge in dallas and later the next day around 2PM after having no sleep he could hear bennassi's music playing in his head. I could even control the tempo by moving his hands from his hips to his head.
    This experiance was quite unlike any he's had before

4. namooP

namooP

Reputation Points:
    Re: \"post-roll\" euphoria

I\'d say this played a major part. If SwiM is blood sober but didn\'t shower that morning, he feels grubby and rough and dirty. After a night rolling, he feels unbearably filthy, so SwiM loves his shower. While in the shower, the smooth caress of the soap and shampoo can feel like its washing off the grubbyness of the roll. On top of that, SwiM just plain old enjoys having a shower; warm, relaxing, my own little space. Maybe the E had something to do with your friends experience, but if it did, I\'d say it was limited.

5. Butmunch

Butmunch Newbie

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o
    I have very intriguing experiences with MDMA. It is very uncommon for SWIM to be depressed the day after taking the pill. In fact SWIM often times feels pretty happy. I find this very strange since many You are in pretty poor states the day after. I don't do anything special while rolling and is mostly just tired the next day, allthough SWIM usually in very good mood the next day.

I find this very strange indeed.

6. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I don't find it strange at all. Having seen many monkeys experiment with MDMA and other related compounds, the terrible after-effects one reads about are not the standard. Being a bit tired and a bit burnt is what one usually experiences.

You have to understand: People don't usually write to say they feel all right and well. They write when they feel lousy and want to complain. "No news is good news."

7. Geeza

Geeza Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I get that as well. It feels like a little ball of excitement burning away in his stomach. but this only lasts until the evening, swim then gets the bog-standard comedown...

8. Beta

Beta Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from belgium
    For me the next day is usually very enjoyable. For me D+3 is the critical day. Not that I'm depressed but my restistance to accumulated problems is lower...

9. Geeza

Geeza Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    rofl

I like the way you put it :p

10. BackToBasics

BackToBasics Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o
    That sounds like the first time Budgie ever had a pill at his first rave years ago..the 'boom,boom,boom' sound was going over and over in his head for about a week.

11. kumar

kumar Newbie

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from Australia
    Laying Infront of a heater on a comedown is very soothing, do try.

12. WhiteRhino420

WhiteRhino420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    after rolling
    I noticed that he got these lil post-roll shits
    only when he smoked marijuana
    like when your flying on a rollercoaster or some shit
    are these also 'filed' online or heard of?

13. naatural

naatural Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from afghanistan
    it was probably a come-down effect; in swim's opinion these aren't always bad... I was walking down the street with an ipod the morning after once and was feeling VERY dancy to his music (also with his limbs feeling very warm and relaxed)... this happens pretty regularly to him.

14. kekie

kekie Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    48 y/o
    SWIM's Lab rats seem te be more in-love with each other after a good roll. this normaly lasts aboud a day or two.