Pot Brownies

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by boobymcnipples, Aug 9, 2006.

1. boobymcnipples

boobymcnipples Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o
    SWIM came up to me the other day and asked me if I ever made them. I told them no. They asked me what the proper amount to use was and blah blah blah. I was clueless....Any reciepes? Amount of weed?

2. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
  3. boobymcnipples

boobymcnipples Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o
    They tried them...they got the recipie but the amount of weed varied from each one.

4. Herbal Remedy

Herbal Remedy Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I wrote something up the other day but I'll give it another crack this morning...
    Recipes are all relative to two things. The quality of the herb, and the tolerance of the person. It is a general rule of thumb that it can take anywhere from twice to three times the amount of nug to reach the desired effects from eating. So if swim smokes .4g of Kind Bud, then he may want to eat anywhere from 1.5 to 2 grams. If using mids, or lower quality weed, I should consider a similar ratio (if swim smokes 1g to the head, use around 3g) depending on desired strenght. If making brownies for a lot of people (like a party or get together) then this is where all the recipes calling for "1/2 oz" or more, come into play. But dont confuse swim, he surely does not need to consume anywhere near 1/2 oz to himself, that could be very overwhelming.

It should be noted that marijuana's effects have the potential to be more intense when eaten, so swim may want to start small and work his way up. Eating too much could end up in one unpleasant time (and a lot of wasted nugget), especially for the non frequent user. If I am a daily user, then more might not be a bad idea, but again; its all relative to the herb and the individual (so noone can tell swim exactly how much he needs, only swim knows his body that well).

Also, a few things to remember. THC is soluable in fats (butter, veg. oil, milk, etc) and does not require heat to transfer the goods (though it helps speed up the process). Once the "goods" have been transfered into the butter/oil, it can then be used in any typical recipe swim may find in his mums books. It can take anywehre from 45 minutes to 1 1/2 hours for effects to say hello, so be patient. Eating herb may take swim to a place he hasnt been before w/ MJ, so take it easy and feel it out (and try not to fall asleep lol). Hope some of this helps, and if I had anymore questions, feel free to ask. There are tons of members with tons of knowledge on these boards (but dont be a stranger to the Search Engine hehe), peace...