Cooking - pot butter dilemma

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by Metternich, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Metternich

Metternich Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have half of an eighth of potent shit. Because I has trouble smoking it lately due to health issues, and because I don't mind cooking, I would like to make pot butter. However, half of an eighth is not much, but given it's strength and perhaps a few hours to simmer, I think it might be worth the effort.

But how much butter should I use? I have worked out the proportions from a few recipies and got that I should use about two tablespoons, which is a negligible amount. Should I use half a stick, and have a more usuable, albeit diluted amount?

2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Use as much as SWIM intends to consume. Remembering that eating cannabis has very strong effects.

One should clarify the butter first. This results in Royal Ghee.

3. Miss DarkSoLovely

Miss DarkSoLovely Newbie

Reputation Points:
    well, for swim she buys an O to consume. One of the many variations for a "light" batch could be 5 sticks butter to every 3/4 O i think it is... But if You plans on using an 1/8, find a recipe you'd like to make, or a few and see how much butter each calls for, add those individual amounts of butter together, melt and simmer with the bud, then just divide as such, if you're going to eat it all.. Idk if you plan on grubbing on it all for yourself or with friends, but careful with how much you eat.. Even big tokers can get mislead by the delay in feeling the high.. 40-60 min, and its different.. ISO, it feels more like a "body" high.

Some of swim's lazy friends just took a frozen pizza and ground and sprinkled the bud on top of it, put about another 1/2 c to a c of mozzerella cheese on top of that, turned down the instructed baking time by 25 degrees and baked for 20 minutes longer than instructed on the box so the bud could just cook in that fat without taking the other extra half hr to make the butter..lol Its a quick fix I suppose ;)