Potential loss of Acacia alkaloids due to charring

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by peregrin23, Oct 11, 2006.

1. peregrin23

peregrin23 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o
    a friend recently harvested 2 kilos of bark from a clever species of acacia
    that had recently been burnt and died,now his question is whether or that that burning would of destroyed the precious alkaloids within?
    (happy he was to find such a thing-no impact!)

2. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Re: burnt acacia

It depends on how much of it was burned, the part that was burned most certainly lost it's alkaloid, as heat vaporizes them, and to much heat destroys them.

3. peregrin23

peregrin23 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o

thanx for the reply,my friend is still confused,maybe needs maybe a more concise explanation as to how much heat is too much and whether or not it is worthwhile pursuing an extaction with the inner unburnt bark

4. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands

He can stil do an extraction, he will probaply only extract the good alkaloids, the ones that were in contact with the flames have probaply been vaporized, so yous friend porbaply won't extract any destroid alkaloids.
    As far as I know, these alkaloids will vaporize before they can even be destroid.

5. peregrin23

peregrin23 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o

hokay,so I have been using only the inner bark avoiding even the slightly tinged section of the inner as well,hopefully(this has been a fairly long process-stripping,cutting grinding this quantity)hopefully swim shall be rewarded,will post swim's results in the near future:)