Potentiating Methylphenidate?

Discussion in 'Concerta & Ritalin' started by Nahbus, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I want to know some ways to potentiate Methylphenidate. He came across this:
    "L-Tyrosine can potentiate increases in dopamine from methylphenidate, better known as Ritalin"
    He will probably pick up some of this and try it, but are there any real known and tested ways, for recreational means? This seems promising, though.

2. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    swim's almost willing to bet grapefruit juice would do it. tying up those cytochrome p450 enzymes and all that.

look, swim's got insomnia without the aid of methylphenidate =]

3. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Hey there!
    Yeah I didn't sleep all that much last night, but isn't too tired this morn, os all is well. He wants these last 5 to be saved for the whole day somehow. I also assumed grapefruit juice would work. I will try that.
    Mmm, that 10mg MPH and giant cup of coffee sure got my gears moving this morning :)

4. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    caffeine and the methylphenidate always interacted nicely for swim too, same goes for nicotine. maybe nicotine gum would work even better for work than cigarettes due to the slow release?

5. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yeah, I think I am more addicted to the act of "smoking" a cig, using his hands, etc. Everytime he tries dip and stuff like that he's just like... "eh, well I need a cig now"
    Oh well, time for SWIM to work. Hopefully grapefruit juice will work and SWIM can tame himself from taking all of these too fast, as he would like to have like 2-3 for after work. eek O_O
    Oh well, I can tell it will be a good day for SWIM!

6. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    best of luck to swiy! happy potentiating!

I am more addicted to the act of smoking, too. he's on day 3 of quitting, and after chewing the gum, he thinks, "wow, if only they had that in smokable form".

the grapefruit juice potentiates adderall swim read elsewhere on the forum...and believes according to rxlist that it will potentiate methyphenidate, please post how it works out!

7. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Oh, you know I will spill it all! :)
    Take care, will post later for SWIM.

8. hh339

hh339 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    LOL!!

Coffee does not work for SWIM, it actually lessens the effect of methylphenidate. It worked before, but not lately. Some energy drinks work well for potentiating the methylphenidate though, but I have no idea which ingredient(s) is responsible. Must try to check it out next time.

9. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Hmmm, I think I recall seeing L-Tyrosine in energy drinks, which would probably be the cause. Could be mistaken.
    I will try that as well (if energy drinks have that in em)

10. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    a quick search on swims part revealed that alot of energy drinks do indeed have l-tyrosine in them, which could be the great potentiator.

swim needs sleep...he's starting to wonder about the last time he used "swim" as a verb...

11. hh339

hh339 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Bummer, the one I am drinking right now does not have it. Or is there another commercial name for it?

12. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
  13. hh339

hh339 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Oh I forgot, alcohol works for SWIM. Just a beer or two!

14. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I said he couldn't find an energy drink with L-Tyrosine in it. Has like L-Carnitine or whatever, Taurine.. that stuff.
    Anyway, I had some grapefruit juice. Well, ok. here's a more "organized" version, which was written on a note I found under a couch in this weird dark ally.
    "I woke up around 7:45-8am, insufflated 10mg and had coffee. Very nice wake up call. Went and got grapefruit juice (Florida Natural, forget the size, but it was 30% juice concentrate) and drank it at about 9:30-9:45. Wait an hour and blew another 10. Not sure about the potentiation. If anything it made it like 15-20 mins longer. Anyway, the track of time wasn't really known from this point, but throughout the day (so far) SWIM insufflated 5x 10mg pills (50mg... der?). Today the euphoria, excitement and focus were heightened, maybe it was the grapefruit juice (SWIM drank 2 of these and an 2 energy drinks as well). SWIM just took another 10mg up the schnazaroony (oh, side note. This stuff seems pretty damaging to the insides of my nose [blew his nose and there was some blood]. Would extracting the pure MPH be worthwhile? I would probably do anything to be as safe as possible.)

Ok where were we? See, now I have to go and read what I wrote, makes me go off tangent and his mind jumps around to very random things. It's nice, though.

OK. So I say as he gets more aquainted with this substance, it has seemed to show more love back. Although I didn't give it much time to make him crash. He isn't worried, though... he's equipped with valium and marijuana, which did the trick last time... wonderfully.

Ok, anyway... I have to get back to work! Hah. I love my job. He just had to leave because his mother was in dire need for some weed (shes an occasional smoker, about to go to some concert with her friends. I love my family)

So yeah. Peace!"

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  15. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    seems like there might be at least a little potentiation, at the very least there doesnt seem to be much tolerance from swiy's experiment yesterday. but yes, the more one gets familiar with methylphenidate the better one seems to be able to harness its effects.

I think that he had the same problem with insufflation...the binders or whatever they put in there dont absorb at all. I didnt get a bloody nose, but he did get a bad sinus headache from having that crap lodged in his nostril for a day last time he had a bout with it. maybe try to do a water shot 10 minutes or so after insufflation?

16. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yeah, SWIM just washed his nose with water and blew out a bunch of crap. His job gets pretty dusty, too.. so there was a whole mess of crap.

Anyway, SWIM only has one left. Boo. He has been coming down, took 5mg valium and smoked earlier, to smooth it out a bit. It's not edgy or anything... kind of depressing "i just wanna sit in my room alone" sorta feeling... but really it's just the super ultra excited happiness turning into "normal" feelings, so it feels worse than it really is. So SWIM tells himself :)
    Anyway, he is going to take the last hoorah in a bit and work on some stuff, take a bunch of valium and bong it up all night.
    I can see SWIM wanting to take these every damn chance he can, which kind of is bad, as he has such an addictive personality. too bad/good thing his source is not steady and can only get it on rare occasions (SWIM hates not being able to find the drug he wants when he wants it)

Another side effect SWIM noticed was an increase in his carpel tunnel. His hands kinda of stiffin up more, and his pinky gets kind of numb and stuff.
    Not a big issue, though.

God, he could not shut up at work haha. He kept leaving his area of where he should be working to ramble to his coworkers, and even babbled his mouth off to the big big boss, who everyone hates. Acted VERY buddy buddy, and he was nice in return, which is rare. I am very loving towards people on this drug. I think he is starting to like it more than adderall. I guess, , they both have their pros and cons, and should be used for different occasions.

Well.... expect more ramblings, I'm sure!

Well, there he goes! Last hoorah!:snort: :eek: :crazy (< :smoking: :D :cool: (I thought this was an appropriate order to his actions this evening ;))

17. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Eck... yeah I think next time I will just extract the methylphenidate.... Should be pretty quick and simple (assuming the binders aren't a pain in the ass..). my nose is all blegh. Oh, his mind and happiness, though. That's up there :)
    (SWIM hates when you snort shit and it puts a weird pain like an inch from youour ear. Weird jawy-ear pain. Can't forget the eye water.
    Plus snorting 10mg instead of 10mg + Xmg of stuff I don't want up his nose would be much better feeling. Probably would hit SWIM faster as well, as your nose will probably absorb the drug way faster, nothing really 'blocking' it from hittin those lovely membranes!

Jesus, I feel like writing a novel or something.

18. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I want more. It's either phone call time or diazebong time (SWIM just came up with that and thinks its pretty clever. Yep). I think SWIM received the last 10.
    Yep, I had the last of the stash. Boo. Diazebong time..

Last edited: Aug 10, 2006
  19. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Thank god for Valium, on My part. He has a feeling the crash would be enough to make him not even want to do it, unless he had an infinate supply.

Man, though, there is definately "fiend" feelings with this, a lot moreso than with Adderall. It's reminding SWIM of his cocaine days.. (very much so. "gotta go sneak into the bathroom for another one" feeling)

SWIM just hates coming down from anything. Sobriety gets boring to SWIM.

20. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Ah yes, perfect for SWIM. The valium has smoothed out the half-tweakage need more so SWIM can stay up for 4 weeks kind of feeling... but still was kinda of "blue"... few hits of the bong... All of My problems were gone.
    Timing these, and the combination, is definately like a 90-100% crash cure for SWIM. Very nice :)

SWIM really had to get out of the 'stimulant' mindset (SWIM tends to go overboard when he's in 'stimulant phase' - SWIM justs wants wants wants, sniffs sniffs sniffs. Yippidy yap yap yap zzzZZZZAM - he usually cycles through like.. groups of drugs. Handles everything else fine.). scouraging through numbers of people who might have shit. He decided to take about 15mg Valium... kind of chilled.. then took a hit or two (so far. plenty more for him) and already feels pretty damn good. Not really bad at all (although he can still feel the crash trying like bust in SWIM little void of diazebong crash block.)
    Ok this stuff is hard to explain. I am actually getting a bit more wired... although the "last hooray" was really nothing except a crash potentiator.
    Ah well...

(At leas its like, only 11:30 and SWIHim's not tweaked to shit, like last night. [Dammit, Forethesevenlakes. why haven't you popped out of the woodwork yet? :)])
    Ahh... I feel quiiiite nice. He told me it flops the crash around into a differnt type of high (but the actual crash is now a little mosquito that I have to swat away. Slightly annoying. Tolerable, but god damn if that would JUST LEAVE! :)). Seems, to SWIM, that it is a very non-fatigued, relaxed, comfortable, happy and smoothly energetic kind of high. But, I have had VERY strange reactions to a lot of drugs, very strong and rare reactions.

Well. SWIM enjoys the shit out of these things. Maybe, for him, it's good that he can only get them on occasion...

Last edited: Aug 10, 2006