potentiation

Discussion in 'Opiates & Opioids' started by intrepid, Apr 15, 2005.

1. intrepid

intrepid Newbie

Reputation Points:
    hey, i've been experimenting with opiates for awhile, and have become
    aware of a couple ways to potentiate opiates, but my knowledge is
    limited to benadryl and dxm. does anyone out there know various
    opiate potentiators i can use to help enhance the experience? thanks.

2. Phungushead

Phungushead Twisted Depiction Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    from United States
    <center>C. Boosting Opiates with Cytochrome P450 Inhibitors And Other
    Metabolism Issues
    </font></center>

1. A dose of Tagamet an hour before a
    hydrocodone/oxycodone session will make the drug last longer and have a better
    effect. Antacids should be taken at least 45 minutes after the Tagamet otherwise
    absorption of the Tagamet will be impaired. Grapefruit juice also has the same
    type of impact on liver enzymes; use a Maalox chaser to neutralise any systemic
    acidification effect from the grapefruit juice. Tagamet should not be taken with
    codeine because it impairs the metabolism into morphine necessary for it to have
    any real effect.
    </font>

2. Quinine and quinidine accentuate the buzz of opiates but only directly
    help with codeine metabolism by boosting the amount changed into morphine.
    Tagamet and grapefruit juice will weaken codeine substantially. The prescription
    antihistamine promethazine (Phenergan) helps out codeine even more, and is found
    with codeine in the Schedule V cough syrup Phenergan VC With Codeine. Quinine
    will tend to have its effect without impairing hydrocodone but does seem to burn
    off the buzz more quickly and may flatten the dose-to-response curve.
    </font>

3. With all this liver magic going on and the acetaminophen content of a
    number of the drugs in question, the concurrent use of any alcohol at all with
    any of these mixtures should be thoroughly researched ahead of time. For
    example, washing down 5 Percocets with a vodka gimlet is not a good idea even if
    you have a massive tolerance to the narcotic. Also in many people moderate to
    large amounts of alcohol can change the subjective nature of the high for the
    worse and bring on sleep before the user intends. Anything more than 20 ml pure
    alcohol equivalent is likely to create trouble.

</font>

http://opioids.com/opiates/

</font>

3. bogumil

bogumil Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Vitamin E, Gingko, Erythromezin all bind the same as most opies ... Edited by: bogumil

4. sunyata

sunyata Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from norway
    Atropine potentiates the effect of opiates, but be carefull, it can kill you in too large amounts.

5. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Being that kratom effects the opiate receptors, would these combos work with it as well? I would think that kratom would boost the effects of opiates quite a bit.Edited by: sands of time

6. intrepid

intrepid Newbie

Reputation Points:
    where exactly can i find tagament? and in what product can i find vitamin E, ginkgo, and erythromezin?

7. Phungushead

Phungushead Twisted Depiction Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    from United States
    Tagamet: OTC pharmacy, same area as antacids and crap like that.

Vitaman E and ginkgo are both avaliable as dietary supplements.

Erythromezin? If you mean erythromycin, its an antibiotic that has to be prescribed.

8. bogumil

bogumil Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Yeah, like PH said:

Erythromizin is an antibiotic. (with this one i would be careful because if youre allergic it can become uncomfortable)

Vitamin E you get in any supermarket or drugstore.

The same with gingko: Drugstore, Pharmacy, Supermarket, Asia ShopsEdited by: bogumil

9. intrepid

intrepid Newbie

Reputation Points:
    thanks much, gotta go do some shopping before my trip this weekend.

10. JewishNazi

JewishNazi Gold Member Newbie

Reputation Points:
    how did your trip go?

(sorry if its early, its what i get for being 10 hours ahead)

11. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    "The prescription
    antihistamine promethazine (Phenergan) helps out codeine even more"

Does this mean all piperzine drugs or similar structures can potentiate codeine.

For example would Cyclizine potentiate codeine?

12. unico_walker

unico_walker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I would not reccomend taking an antibiotic for opiate potentiation, you'll wipe out your intestinal flora for nothing and will probably get gas and diarrhea.

13. Richard_smoker

Richard_smoker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Bogumil said:
    Very curious... what do you mean by this statement? That all these bind to opiate receptors?? Surely that's not what you meant, is it? I've never heard of any of these being used for fun...

Maybe they tie up liver enzymes that break down the opiates???

I'm sensing that they will all supposedly increase an opiate experience. Is this correct? I'm very curious--anything anyone can tell me will be greatly appreciated. I've never heard of any of these being opiate potentiators. (and I have several disgruntled lab gerbils who have recently cut down their daily opiates)

If anyone has experience with any of these, will you please post any dosages/timing and maybe the opiate that was boosted. Thanks. (and "thanks" said my gerbils in shaky, sweaty gerbil-american sign language)

14. intrepid

intrepid Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Been some time since SWIM last posted on this thread, but he's still interested in everyone's responses. Looking back a year ago, his experience and use of opiates has increased exponentially, and maybe even taken a turn for the worse (Nothing bad's happened yet though, hope it stays that way). But as SWIM continues to play around with opiates, and I use the term play lightly, I will continue to try and make the most with what he's got heh. SWIM's had wonderful successes with the Tagamet, and continued success with Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) and on occasion Dextromethorphan. He's yet to try out Vitamin E and Gingko, but what the hell, there's always tomorrow.

I'll be sure to post a report for you guys when he's done. Lookin forward to the results!

15. jbnugget

jbnugget Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM lost a colon from erythromycin Rx'd for an abscessed tooth. I had taken it many times before but, for reasons unknown, this time a reaction called psuedomembraneous colitis developed. E-mycin can cause an over-bloom of 'bad' colonic flora which gets so thick that it looks like a second membrane covering the inside of the colon. Hence, the moniker 'psuedomembraneous'.

Thinking it was just a belly ache (E-mycin often irritates the stomach) - but THE most UNBELIEVABLE tummy ache ever - it was ignored when (after a couple hrs of sweating, shaking & puking) it went away over about a 15 minute period. BAAAD move. Tummy felt better cuz colon perforated. So full of shit, I was. For almost a day. (SWIM's usually full o' shit all the times.)

Anyways, to shorten it for limited spans of consciousness, SWIM almost died. Permanent explosive diarrhea:eek:, surgical scars:cry: and poor nutrient absorption is E-mycin's legacy:thumbsdown:. Stick to grapefruit juice &/or Tagamet (cimetidine) as they seem to work the best - IMHO. :thumbsup: