Powder power

Discussion in 'Heroin' started by cz-one, May 17, 2007.

1. cz-one

cz-one Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Here in the UK there's a thing called,'powder power syndrome',which basically is interpreted as,'i'm the dealer,your a junkie,and therefore i'll happily have you waiting like an idiot for as long as i choose,and where i please',i believe its probably not restricted to the UK either i bet,but i'm sure as hell it pisses everyone else off as much as swim! In swims utopian opiate intoxicated world,if a dealer tells swim they'll be 2 minutes maximum,and swim ends up waiting 1/2 hour,then swim can complain to an imaginary regulating body,who'll then give said dealer 1 warning,then after that,they'll either be struck off or will have to hand over a free deal for the inconvenience! Its a syndrome that really does seem to be worst in those selling heroin,and is one of the drawbacks of illegality i guess,yet still You waits! sorry to be starting a thread about such nonsense,but tell me i'm not alone where this is concerned! please! and does any of you have any suggestions as to how you deal with it,that maybe doesnt involve shooting the dealer and taking everything!!

2. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Put You in the dealers shoes. Literally, beat him down and take his shoes. No! j/k

Imagine...
    You is a street level dealer. Dealing doses to junkies, er customers. Dealing for whatever reason they have be it to feed their habbit, feed their kids, pay their pimp, or just make a little scratch; the reason doesn't matter but there is a reason they are doing it. Now, with end-level customers, namely junkies, they are forced to commit a felony for a profit margin of usually a couple bucks, or maybe a hit for themselves. Next, knowing the nature of a junkie needing their junk NOW, and having many calls all the time, time alone disapears. In the middle of something? Tell them it'll be a minute and finish up quick. Now, go get their stash. Sometimes this involved waiting in line at a drug house and having to get a certain ammount split into the ammount that the junkie requested. All this time, the first junkie blowing up the dealers pager or phone or whatever ... on top of all the new customers calling as well.

Eh... swip is to high to go into an elaborate series of events that is to be expected when scoring for somebody so will simply put it this way....
    Show some fucking respect. This person is putting their freedom in danger to go get You a sack. Unforeseen things can happen. It takes as long as it takes. Getting upset and impatient isn't going to help. Calling them over and over again isn't going to accomplish anything ecept make it more annoying for them. Takes 30 minutes? Count your lucky stars it didn't take 2 days or that they didn't get arrested trying to get swiy's sack.

3. ProtectedByTheGods

ProtectedByTheGods Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have no experience with heroin dealers, but this is classic drug dealer behaviour:
    let the customer wait.
    After all, you'll be there waiting, and the dealer knows that.
    You needs him, and he exploits it, and if it is just to make you itchy.

Of course maybe he might just be tied up in all sorts of unexpected events,
    like Pinkavvy suggest. But what if the dealer makes a habit out of this?

I suppose he is just using his "powder power", as cz-one calls it.

Lou Reed realized that in the late 60s when he sang:
    "I'm waiting for my man
    26 dollars in my hand
    he's never early, he's always late....."

4. cz-one

cz-one Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    showing a dealer respect would make things even worse!"how dare you ask how much longer i'm going to be,i'm watching tv,you'll wait and you'll like it,do you know who i am?"etc.etc.,but yeah,i see your point,its just with heroin You wants it now!the nature of the beast i guess,here in the uk,certainly from my experience,they send everyone who's phoned,to one place,usually somewhere dumb,like outside a train station,and you'll have like 20 jittery junkies looking left and right for 'the man',and when he arrives,its like a mass exodus and not at all covert,and unsuprisingly,the dealer has a run of a few months before they get their door kicked in by the cops at 5am,and off to jail,only to be replaced within the hour by someone else,seems like theres an endless supply of people willing to take that risk.

5. Placebo effect

Placebo effect Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.K.
    cz-one; i understand it's frustrating waiting, everybody hates it, but i can almost guarantee that 'Powder power' does not come into it and they're not sat watching T.v and can't be arsed to meet you. These people are relying on you (whether morally acceptable or not) for their living. Why would they not bother? A friend of a friend had a lot of experience with this type of work, alas not with Heroin but speed/Cannabis etc and was very busy 24/7 so can explain. The trouble is with all of these things, especially Heroin that obviously has a physical hold over people, is that they start relying on their dealer for everything. If he does not answer the phone or is waiting to pick up or whatever, people are becoming ill, can't work, can't leave the house, getting pissed off, bad tempered so therefor the guy has alot of people NEEDING his service. Like you said yourself cz-one, "with Heroin I want in NOW!!", unfortunately, so does everybody else. So the guy has not just You waiting, but another 5 or 10 yous in other places who also are becoming pissed off and ill! Crack, Heroin etc usually the guy needs to know exactly who you are if you don't know them or hav'nt used them before, cross checks of who you are takes time. Passing of product from dealer to runner. Also, if the dealer/runner is a user too, that in itself makes everything take 10 times longer than normal due to faffing about with everything even if he is managing to stay on task, people tend to get in a fluster whilst under the influence (the friend swim mentioned earlier used to be terrible for it, but that's Speed all over!). Although there is no escaping the fact it's fucking annoying, it does always take longer than expected. I guess as illegality of the drug You is purchasing goes up, demand follows, and the punishment rockets for the dealer if he is caught. Just an explanation for you guys!

1. 3/5,
      thipost is over three years old, and your reply has added nothing new, so why dredge it up?
      Oct 7, 2011
  6. msjaguarxj6

msjaguarxj6 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from U.S.A.
    Well I have this problem when it comes to cocaine here in the US, but he's usually legitimately late. And he doesn't get mad when I call him all the time asking where the fuck he is?! After all he is usually willing to come to my house 20 minutes away from his, and will even stop at the packie if I ask him to. You want to get respect, you have to earn it first. These people are always up on a pedestal because everyone needs them. You treat them the way they expect soon they'll be going out of their way for you. You move up a few rungs on the ladder and you get percs. Maybe I'm just a nice person though.. ? I don't know.

7. somnitek

somnitek Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It is DEFINITELY not limited to just the UK. In the US, my friends refer to it as "I have the bag, so I am God!" I used to regularly wait like fort-five minutes, to an hour plus for one guy. The stuff was exceptional, but the there was almost ALWAYS a wait. Even if you were RIGHT OUTSIDE his house. His room-mate dealt for a while, and both of them were extremely hard to get a hold of. However, if you got a hold of his room-mate, then he was quick as hell. There right when he said he was.

I have waited up to SIX HOURS for drugs, but that was another drug user (a tweaker, of course), to be fair. Then again, come to think about it, so was the aforementioned dealer. "Oh wait, I'll be right there, just let me smoke another whole fucking river of tweak." Used to drive us just right up the fucking wall. Tweakers.

Now SWIM deals with a guy who usually takes between 5 and 15 minutes, but he's very reliable actually.

Anyway, it seems like a rule of thumb in the drug world: You will always wait. I suppose some of them have their reasons.

somnitek added 1 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

Ugh, I hope I didn't jinx it by referring to him as "very reliable". :\

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  8. coolhandluke

coolhandluke Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    im my area everyone who deals is also a user. it used to just be oxycontin(oxycodone) but has switched to heroin. this problem happens all the time to everyone. the thing you have to keep in mind is that the dealer also has other customers who may have called first, so that is an issue. around here there was a guy who was known for being quick as a son of a bitch with meeting with people, so if you were really starting to withdrawal hes the one to call. but with him you never could get a deal even if you were buying a few hundred dollars worth. so if you were just stocking up you would buy from one of the people who took longer, but would cut you a deal.

9. kuntrybumkin

kuntrybumkin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    In the area my dog who plays tricks is in it is called being on dealer time.... 20 mins can turn into 2 hours

10. somnitek

somnitek Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

It's worth it. There was a guy I would pay an extra ten for gas to deliver. You could catch him in the morning, or later at night, but not in the interim. I say he was quick, too, though.

Bottom line: Reliability is worth a little extra, especially if there's quality associated, too. Spend most of the time dealing with flakes, amateurs, etc., and an extra ten, even twenty for delivery, too, seems a worthwhile investment.

somnitek added 3 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

Yep, that's a common one here, too.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011