1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Health - pregnant and kratom

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by qatattack, Nov 14, 2007.

1. qatattack

qatattack Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM took kratom steadily on a daily basis for over a year,,, stop cold turkey (not so pleasant) when swim found out they were pregnant. SWIM is 5 months pregnant and still not taking kratom, but will start again when baby is born. SWIM loves kratom... but is wondering out of curiosity if anyone knows anything about Kratom and how it could affect pregnancy,,,after doing tons of research,,, SWIM found very littlw info...

2. Cannibalistic_Lizard

Cannibalistic_Lizard

Reputation Points:
    The only thing i can find is everyone saying done breastfeed while it in your system =/

3. razorwiredildo

razorwiredildo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    while pregnant or breastfeeding, it is a good idea to abstain from any drug use, especially if the effects on a baby are unknown.

it is much better to crave some kratom for a while than to take it and somehow fuck up your baby.

4. beentheredonethatagain

beentheredonethatagain Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Congratulations on the miracle inside of you. Love that baby continuously and your son or daughter will be a source of strength and laughter for a many a day. That is a Love that no other can bring to you. Enjoy

5. qatattack

qatattack Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanks ,,,I know it is a miracle which is why I stopped,,, But man I miss it!! Life is good though and I am blessed... :)

6. xlongcatx

xlongcatx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I'd stay away from it if I was you. 7-hydroxymitragynine alone would be unlikely to do anything to an unborn baby. The other 20+ chemicals however, I would be wary of.

7. Br00klynB0y87

Br00klynB0y87 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    What makes you think that?

In regards to the overall thread: if I was you (however it'd be pysically impossible :laugh:) I'd abstain from using just because Kratom as it is, isn't well documented - therefore no one can say for sure how it will effect one long term, let alone how it will effect a mother who is pregnant not to mention how it will affect the baby's health.

On a lighter note, congratulations! :)... boy or girl?

8. qatattack

qatattack Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hi to all who responded... It's a boy...:) I am happy about that. Swim has not done any Kratom since finding out I was pregnant,,,but swim does miss it,,,and although swim misses it and found it difficult to stop,,,swim will start again and soon as swim can...:)

9. xlongcatx

xlongcatx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    7-OHM is an opioid, and other opioids have no teratogenic effects. So I think that 7-OHM is unlikely to cause any ill effects on an unborn child as well. I might be wrong on that though, because it's vastly different in chemical structure than other opioids.

And congrats on the baby boy!