Pregnant on speed?

Discussion in 'Amphetamine' started by $NeXuS$, May 15, 2007.

1. $NeXuS$

$NeXuS$ Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I know a girl that has taken speed once without knowing that she was pregnant is it dangerus if she takes it again? Coz she has read it wazent dangerous to do it once. Dose any1 know what can happen if she dose it again? asap

2. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Obviously this would depend on the dose taken, quality,impurities, her general health, etc.

Taking any psychoactive, especially a drug as nasty as speed, whilst pregnant is not recommended - early pregnancy is enough of a lottery without adding the risk of damaging the foetus through one's own actions.

3. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Don't know about speed, but cocaine - which acts on the same pathways - has been shown to cause irreversable neurological damage to the fetus. This syndrome is refered to as 'crack-babies' in the USA. If one were found with illegal drugs in their system, while pregnant, in the USA, one would be tossed in jail real fast.

Last edited: May 15, 2007
  4. trptamene

trptamene Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    for the sake of the child tell her to stay away from any & all drugs...who cares what any study shows, that will be a person one day...its hard enough in life w/o being born having been exposed to drugs...

on another note...recently i heard a story on the news about babies being born "addicted" to opiates (im guessing the mothers were heroin addicts) and the children would be put on methadone for 4-6 months to slowly break the addiction...they said in the worst scenarios they would give the children opium (not exactly sure what they mean as opium is a cocktail of opiates that all come as different prescription drugs)...either way, was sad to watch

5. dogzz

dogzz R.I.P. Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Ok, she did it once without knowing she was pregnant. What is scary as hell is the thought she would even consider using again "KNOWING" WTF? Those first 9 months are the most critical of any persons life. It should not even be a question of "what could happen" .....the only things she should be putting into her system is good clean nutrition. It has already been said, a child will have enough obstacles in it's life.....it deserves the best start possible. To use any substance while pregnant is the same as giving an infant the substance....it's just wrong, it's criminal. and justly so .

6. augentier

augentier Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I would advise this girl NOT to do any drugs during her pregnancy, especially speed. I have a friend whose ex-wife is a tweaker, they have a son and a daughter..the mother was not doing speed during the pregnancy with the daughter, who turned out fine..however, she did speed while pregnant with the son..he is 4 years old with the mind of a 2 year-old..he has tubes in his ears, his vision is fucked up, and he has two deformed nubs for two of his fingers on one hand.

Could be a coincedence in that case but I HIGHLY doubt it. Just an example of what it *could* do, I guess.

7. trptamene

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    :(, how aweful; if they would just legalize these drugs at least society could have some control over preventing things such as this

8. augentier

augentier Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I doubt legalizing would prevent much..people will use drugs no matter what the legal status is.

9. trptamene

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    that is indeed true, but part of me wonders how much of the problems are due to the drug, and how much are due to the nonpurity issue...I believe underground "speed" is notoriously impure, but I am by no means expert, so I really don't know

10. $NeXuS$

$NeXuS$ Newbie

Reputation Points:
    But how about weed then? is that werry harmfull for the baby? my sister smoked alot of it when she was pregnant and nothing happend..

11. augentier

augentier Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Errr..look at all the people living now whose parents were around in the hippie era..they all seem fine. SWIM's mom smoked bud while pregnant with her..she likes to think she turned out fine, too :D As you can see I'm just relating these to personal experiences and those of people I know...I am not 100% sure on the actual scientific and physiological damage that most drugs do to a developing fetus/baby/whatever..there are strong arguments for both sides with the weed thing, though.

12. trptamene

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    weed is definately less harmful that speed, im not sure how harmful it would be, but most drugs are not good.

a quick google search of "marijuana AND pregnancy" will give you more information than most people here could.

I would be more inclined to worry about pesticides and/or fertilizers that have not been properly cleaned off and/or flushed from the plant itself.

13. wellhelm

wellhelm Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    I don't see it as beeing worth it. Its only 9 months, be patient. It has been said low birth weight and learning problems have been atributed to a pregnant mothers MJ use. Of course others say it does not but I just can't see justifying a maybe when it comes to a child.

14. Shiacmkmleer

Shiacmkmleer Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    pitty the government created the myth of crack babies... http://www.cocaine.org/crackbaby/crack-babies.html

15. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Swia cant believe how stupid people can be when some one is pregnant why should they want to risk impacting on the life of there now born its not just about the person about having the child its about them. What goes threw mommy will go threw child. Its common sense. Then people wonder why there are so many assholes and fuck ups around our streets.

16. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    swims take is why risk it, whats more important the well being of the child or a 2 day speed binge... Swim rather have a healthy child and a boring time than killer binge and child born with problems that could have been avoided

17. $NeXuS$

$NeXuS$ Newbie

Reputation Points:
    ok, thx all.

18. eltimmy

eltimmy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from Maryland, U.S.A.
    Clefting, cardiac anomalies, and fetal growth reduction deficits. Don't do it.

19. cyndi

cyndi R.I.P. Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Well is the pregnant one addicted or just wants to have fun? That would be two different answers. If she is addicted, she needs to go to rehab asap and detox for the duration of her pregnancy seriously. If she wants to have fun, hell no she shouldn't be feeding her unborn child draino, battery acid and all sorts of yummy chemicals to the poor unborn child. Yes heart problems are common to babies born to women who use speed during pregnancy and premature births that will get into a lot of other issues not mentioned.

20. Police Officer

Police Officer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Of all the bad ideas out there, this probably tops the list. After about 4 seconds of googling I have facts and research supporting why its a bad idea. Go to google and type "meth pregnancy"

I'm sure there are other ways to search, and other keywords, but this will answer questions.