Experiences - Preparing state of mind for MDMA experience

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by skettio, Mar 12, 2005.

1. skettio

skettio Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Okay guys, got a big night tomorrow and need some suggestions about getting into a good state of mind for an awesome night of hyped up dancing and fun. Can't help being excited about it but my friends also say that if I think about it too much, or expect to much out of it, my trip could be disappointing. Should I just chill before hand, you know, meditate, get the positive thoughts flowing? or get the music pumping and hype myself up? I'm definitely open-minded about how I might feel during, but also feeling slightly paranoid it might be as disappointing as my first time. How do I just open up and let it come?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2010
  2. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    See it as a supplement to your good mood, good party settings with your friends. Get some new music in that will rock your boat. If possible invite someone to get some hugs and kisses going. If you go out, make sure that when you get back, you'll have a cool place to come home to. Including juices, soup or other easy to consume foods. Any other suggestions?

3. whatwhybecause

whatwhybecause Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yea dont gear yourself up about it, it's no big deal is the attitude you'll need. like alfa said, think of it as an extra, not the central focus of the evening; be blasé and 'what will be will be' about it. don't get hyped up about it because you'll set yourself up for a big disappointment.

perhaps go to preclub barsand get in the mood of the night beforehand; i definitely think that music blaring and having a real good time helps me, but it's different with every person. as i usually work (in a bar) before i go out, i'm really hyped up and in the mood cos of the atmosphere and the noise etc so i think that definitely helps.

have fun!

4. Toria

Toria Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    I think making this post just shows you're thinking about it WAY too much...I've always gotten super excited for a night out, and it's never let me down...because I have fun before I even start rolling. Don't rely on drugs to make you have a good time.

5. billyloner

billyloner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    listen to some relevant music really loud, hype yourself up for it. e will reflect your mood quite a lot - if your hyped up, i always find the come up is a bit stronger. when i go out im always so nervous / excited that i feel literally sick, in fact sometimes its so strong that i have to wait an hour or more before i drop... so maybe try not to get that hyped [​IMG]

the only way the night will be a let down is if the dj is shit. so long as that doesnt happen you can be as hyped up as you want...

6. shneddi

shneddi Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i dunno... just go and have a laugh. relax , open up , go with the flow.

7. skettio

skettio Newbie

Reputation Points:
    warning, warning; long post ahead!

well, yeah it was a good nite! 9 hrs of mostly continuous dancing, 8 hrs since it finished and i don't think i've actually slept a proper minute of sleep! maybe half an hr? my body is still quivering and it took me hrs to stop my jaw chattering away and my leg to stop beating.. they're both still goin and this techno in the b/g probably isn't
    helping but i can't help it! I just wanna be back there, drag it out as long as possible! Spent the last ten minutes of the nite in the best room, god's kitchen! yeah!

a few hrs in i suddenly realised i had a killer headache, my temples were caning! and the whole side of each side of my face is now really sore! and when i stopped dancing the pain was worse, but i just wanted to keep on chewing even though i knew thats what was causing the headache. It was wierd, cos i didn't wanna drop straight away, so that i'd have some time to soak it all up, but dropped with everyone else anyway in the first ten minutes! i was determined to have 1 whole 1, not a half, given the dissapointing results last time, and the guys were like, fuck, dude, you've fucked urself now.. anyway, 15 minutes later and they're starting to come up and i still wasn't feeling anything.. m said to me, u're thinking bout it way too much, and that really pissed me off cos i was just trying to let go and feel the music.

then r said to me maybe u're just 1 in a million who is immune to the shit. it finally kicked in after bout 45 mins i reckon, when i got some time to myself, you know, found my own space on the dancefloor and just soaked up the laser lights etc. it was good, no feelings of loving everyone, or everyone being attractive and wanting to hug and
    shit, but just this nice feeling.. kinda like being drunk but better, with more energy.. that first one was a russian.. apparently pretty good, but i think i may need something more intense. There was one point when i was like, hmm maybe that whole 1 at once wasn't a good idea, but to hell with that, the feeling didn't last long enough!
    waited a bit b4 taking another half of an x which apparently has more speed in it, but i didn't even notice any effects, so i dropped the other half after a while, and still didn't really feel much. had half a russian and half an x for the last two hrs, and that wasn't anything spectacular. it was wierd cos i actually felt myself coming up again as we got home, and the others were well and truly over it.

anyway, so yeah, awesome night all up.. decided that nxt time maybe i should drop before we get there so i come up with my friends, and i know that i need to have some time by myself first. think after onepill, when that starts to wear off have another and so on and so on.. but then i'm sure they'd all catch up on me eventually or something and that might be overdoing it! i need something with more euphoria, loving ppl shit and more speed i reckon.. i just wanna cut sick! so basically just something more intense! thanx 4 yr advice guys anyway... can't wait til nxt time, but now my friends are worried i'll become and addict! hehe.. will be another couple of months til the next time i think...

8. Toria

Toria Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    I don't think you got good pills if you didn't feel loved up and stuff, and sounds like you had a kinda crap comedown...hope you get some better shit next time.

9. IvoryQueen

IvoryQueen Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o
    Its really funny u should say that. It was my friends first time on sat. She's really tiny, so we told her to just take half 1st, after an hour she wasnt feelin anything but every1 else were complelty up. So she took the other half and still nothing! When we got home, she said she felt a little bit alert but nothing else. Think she's amune too!

10. Toria

Toria Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
  11. skettio

skettio Newbie

Reputation Points:
    okay.. back again.. yeah maybe those Xs were just caffeine, they did look a bit dodgy.. oh man, been a bit all over the place today.. feeling kinda tipsy one minute, then can't stop talking the next, then feeling really lonely and depressed.. i mean the weather is so shit! and what do i have to look forward to? don't even know if i'm going out this weekend! feel like i gotta be surrounded by ppl.. even if its just bumming around on the couch talking shit, i don't wanna be alone! gotta work at 5am for the next 4 days so thats 4 days of doing nothing social so that i can get enough sleep:( all my friends work full time or have uni, who is available???!!! hmmm, exercise?

what kinda music is best? techno just makes me wanna be there again which isn't gonna happen for a while so probably shouldn't listen to that, and most other stuff isn't upbeat enough... hmm.. silence is sooo wrong! okay, sorry guys, now i'm just crapping on... is this normal?

12. Tony Blair

Tony Blair Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Sounds like you got something dodgy, yeah.. Plenty of fruit and a Good diet, and you'll feel better in a few days.

The caffeine thing is annoying me! Your average pill weighs 200-250mg (note, I said average). Your average cup of Instant - brewed or expresso will be stronger! - contains about 80mg of caffiene (note, I said average). So even if your pill was 100% caffeine (which is NOT likely, and also, impossible, as it would just crumble
    apart without binders), you are looking at a whole 3 cups of coffee. Yep, a whole three

And Magnesium (750mg or so) will help with the jaw 'chattering' [​IMG] - although test it out on a Wednesday evening; it gives some people the splats. [​IMG]

13. Completion

Completion Newbie

Reputation Points:
    For me Eating something heavy the next day for sure helps me out alot, i always feel abit light and unbalanced and something heavy (like meat) makes me feel more blanced...i also work out when i get home and im still up it slowly tires you out and i can get a good night sleep before i have to go to school or work

my .02cents

14. dj_c

dj_c Newbie

Reputation Points:
    exercise.
    good diet.
    sleep - I appreciate sleep a lot more these days, although I find it almost impossible to get to sleep before 1am.
    beer?
    cigs?
    weed?

when i don't know what to listen to and can't stand silence, i just put the tv on even if i aint watching it i'll sit on the internet listening to it.

I always try to force myself to eat a meal the next day, sometimes its not possible though, A few pints the following day always does the trick for me, although dont drink tooo much.. it'll take ya up with the clouds and the next day you'll feel even worse! When i get down and start feeling depressed I just think to myself, fuck it! I had a good time and i'm LIVING life, notjust existing.

Hmmmam I making sense?I wish it wasFriday. Damn.
    Time for some sleep.

15. Tony Blair

Tony Blair Newbie

Reputation Points:
    haha, dj_c - we are pretty much on the same wavelength... Although i say "Bollocks to it, and usually drink shed loads the night after". Milk Thistle and more 5-htp usually stops me feeling bad after that. [​IMG]