Side effects - Prevent Falling Asleep?

Discussion in 'DXM' started by Salvinorin A, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Salvinorin A

Salvinorin A Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It happened again. At night 11pm, dosing 2 bottles of Zicam Cough Mist Max (769mg), lying on a towel with pillows as a back prop.

The first time, I was enjoying the CEVs and then wakes up and it's morning. The second time, the exact same thing happens except I was well aware of the possibility of falling asleep.

SWIM only likes night trips (day trips are just too bright), and he usually does it alone. I used to take the syrup and didn't fall asleep (came on much slower, and more painfully nausea-wise). However, the Zicam hits like a ton of bricks, and SWIM enjoys the CEVs and the even more promininent OEVs!!! (tried with GF juice, works every time).

So I got sick of OEVs, closed his eyes and just thought to himself (this is after accidentally opening his eyes during an OOB) "I am still on the climb, there's gonna be a whole trip lying ahead of SWIM"

And then he wakes up again. SWIM particularly hates falling asleep, because it is a waste of time, and I don't like taking DXM, he feels like he is ruining his brain and he feels shaky for a few days, so usually he feels better when he doesn't have to take such high doses so often.

As for solutions, any suggestions? I am thinking of having a sitter to wake him up if he falls asleep (will that even work?), or maybe there is a way to just stay awake, like sitting in a chair uncomfortably. Caffiene can certainly keep SWIM awake, but with DXM? could affect the trip.

Any help would be GREAT. Thanks guys!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2007
  2. Riconoen {UGC}

Riconoen {UGC} Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re: Prevent Falling Asleep!!

Maybe not doing it at night? and that's kind of odd since DXM has stimulant effects, for SWIm it keeps him up all night, and as such mixing dxm with stimulants is NOT the way to go.

3. Salvinorin A

Salvinorin A Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Well as I was saying, he doesn't really like day trips, usually too bright and less peaceful.

Maybe a blindfold is in order?

4. drlove88

drlove88 Newbie

Reputation Points:

Swim heard from a bird that taking a good power nap during the day is a good idea if You plans on going on a night adventure.

Swim also heard from that bird that someone did 2 bottles of the same zicam and had an amazing time. Music lost it's emotional value and was boring however. when he listened to it, he felt like he was in a room talking with the singers, not listening to their music. All in all he said it was a great time. Swim heard he also had some very strange and vivid dreams when he fell asleep after the comedown.

a little bird suggest redbull energy drink, as it gives him wiiings

5. Aaron

Aaron Silver Member

Reputation Points:

I have never had any problems with falling asleep while peaking on DXM. In fact, with all the CEVs going on, he found it difficult to do so.

I would second the idea of a nap a few hours before You trips. Also, he could try keeping himself entertained with music and thoughts.

6. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

DXM only has stimulant effects at lower doses.

I had the problem of falling asleep during a DXM trip. SWIM simply set an alarm for 30mins after he lay down to enjoy the CEV's.

Also, Caffeine and DXM is not a good idea. I'm sure the DXM must have a bad enough effect on one's body without Caffeine (which btw isnt as healthy as it may seem) buggering it up too.

~Dark

7. rige

rige Guest

Reputation Points:

I have to agree with the idea of combining stimulants with DXM. Before I was experienced he would swallow the pills with Mountain Dew. Well, one night he had 300mg (which was the most he had done at that time), combined with about 2 liters of Mountain Dew. That night I had terrible chest pains and was fully convinved his heart was going to burst. Swim continued to feel pain in his chest area for the next week.

8. drlove88

drlove88 Newbie

Reputation Points:

hmm, I has never had a problem with the mixture. is it hurting swim and he just can't tell?

9. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:

Waiting for chest-pain as an indicator that you shouldn't be doing such & such is about the dumbest thing a person can do. Often the chest-pain one feels is the last thing they feel.

10. El Calico Loco

El Calico Loco Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

ECL concurs that DXM with any kind of stimulant is Bad Idea Jeans (tm).

Swim's never had a problem falling asleep whilst tripping on dex, but he has sometimes gone to sleep voluntarily when he felt he'd had enough fun. He's never felt that it was a waste, however; with dex and psychedelics, sleep seems like just tripping with more powerful CEVs. It doesn't feel like sleeping at all, yet he wakes up refreshed.

But then, Swim experimented with meditation when he was younger. His experiences with meditation, self-hypnosis, and dissociative drugs have taught him something very interesting: it's possible for one's body to "go to sleep" without the mind becoming unconscious.

It takes discipline. One should probably practice meditation while sober to master it. The trick is focus; keeping one's alert attention while letting the body relax absolutely. It's difficult, but possible, and one will be rewarded with the best trips of one's life.

ECL
    (One will even hear one's self snoring as the body sleeps with the mind awake.)

11. Salvinorin A

Salvinorin A Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I find that so awkward. During that time where SWIM falls asleep, he receives no visuals or dreams or anything whatsoever. It is as if I go unconscious till morning.

I like the alarm clock idea. But I believe that it would have to be a loud alarm clock to wake him because I have slept through his before.

12. Dreeker

Dreeker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth

SWIM never really falls asleep on DXM
    His typical usage will be something around the lines of :

~650 mg DXM
    ~50 mg Diphenhydramine HCl
    ~2-3 Shots of 40% Alcohol, later in the experience, to jolt back up
    ~ Along with some caffeinated drinks- soda or juice w/e is there

Never really fall asleep, though I will get down near the end, and will end up taking ~100 mg more of Diphen, to fall asleep and whatnot.

Good luck, dont know what I should tell you, but just try different things,

As well, DXM produces an irregular heart beat that is elevated, so any other drugs, especially depressants and stimulants s hould be used with EXTREME moderation

13. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

I second ECL's post on meditation.

Dissociative drugs greatly enhance the content of SWIM's meditation. He did not learn the basics while sober, but feels he may have done so quicker if he did! I can also tell you me that while he uses DXM in the night, he never finds falling asleep a problem.

A small (yes, small!) amount of Caffeine with DXM probably won't do much harm, but I would not recommend it. Methamphetamine etc are in my drug-combo blackbook, so no-no for them!