Prevent Sickness on heroin or other opiates

Discussion in 'Opiates & Opioids' started by pokergod0588, Mar 15, 2006.

1. pokergod0588

pokergod0588 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i've read online that people tend to throw up after doing H but feel better after they eat or drink something (just an observation), does having something in ur stomach before-hand help to prevent nausia or will it just make the yakking worse?

2. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    I havent personally done H himself however he has done various other opiates including Morphine. I feel that the best way to prevent sickness is to use an motion-sickness drug, I use Cyclizine in particular and finds it's anti-sickness properties very effective. This is SWIM's Most effective remedy for sickness with opiates. (not sure if Dramamine has similar effects, ask around or do a little research)

As to eating I havent really noticed any effect as to what he ate beforehand except that when opiates are taken orally something is the stomach slows absorbtion a little.

Eating post-opiates is a good idea because suger levels drop dramatically and need to be replenished, eating suger will make you feel better the following day and in the hours after.

3. CrookedEye

CrookedEye Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    In Swim's experience, some bags of heroin would make him puke more than others.. Having something in swims stomach did nothing bur give him more to throw up... I would also notice that with those bags, he would drink a bunch of fluid after vomiting, only to end up puking up all he drank... Some bags were just fine with no nausea, so I believe it may have been different purity or possibly other opiate derivatives, such as fenanyl.. Opiates do slow the contraction of the smooth muscle in your stomach and make your sphincter tighten so regular users can experience constipation, which also may play a role in nausea..

4. boy162000

boy162000 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Opiate Receptors

Opiate or mu receptors are G-protein coupled receptors and are located on the subsynaptic membrane which is associated with the transmission of pain signals in nerve cells and are scattered all throughout your brain. They are however concentrated in the areas of your brain concerned with: respiration rate, excretion of urine and feces, body temperature among others. The reason why people puke on opiates is that opiates also increase the amount of dopamine in the brain. By increasing the amount of dopamine, it must also inhibit gaba. Scientists don't know why, but gaba inhibition for some reason causes puking because changes in gaba for some reason stimulate the emitic region of the brain in the medulla which is your vomit centre. Alcohol stimulates gaba-A receptors and depresses others. This depression of gaba, in the same way as opiates, increases dopamine level which is why one gets a "high" off alcohol.

5. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    Just wanted to add to this thread that there any many anti-emetics for use with opiates here are but a few

Cyclizine
    Buccastem
    Ondansetron
    Dramamine (not as effective)

6. Imperfectcircle25

Imperfectcircle25 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    In My expereince which is quite extensive the best cure for the nausea that results from opiate use is to lay down for a while, the nausea tends to go away almost instantly once you lay down. I beleive it has something to do with the way opiates effect your equilibrium?? Maybe others will know more about the actual medical reasons for this?

1. 3/5,
      good tip re: topic
      Oct 15, 2010
  7. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    Lying down dramatically helps opiate sickness, but this isnt always what one wants to do. As mentioned above various anti-emetics can be used.

8. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    not sure that opiates really effect one's equilibrium either. I have always been able to walk around just fine on them. laying down seems to help with most kinds of nausea, not just opiate-induced. I think that the nausea is due to the fact that opiates are pretty harsh on most peoples' stomachs (for the most part, anyway. he knows nausea can sometimes come from insufflation).

9. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Swia has found she herself only puked on the first time she did heroin i.v anyway after that there was no sickness. same with poppy tea. and i think to all opiates you get used to it.

10. DrMuffy

DrMuffy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    well I have tried varios opaites, and has gotten sick plenty of times, mainly with oxycodone. But anywho i just wanted to say that some things that can help with the nasea from SWIM's experience are: Eat a lil after ingestion, smoke some marijuana, take (as said b4) some anit-emetics, sip water, lay down, and also I have found that the priscription drug Promethazine, can really help.

11. Klaus

Klaus Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have found Metoclopramide effective but one does need a script.

Depending on where You dwells you may be able to aquire PROMETHAZINE without a script.