Health - Probability for Psychosis or other Mental Illnesses with LSD

Discussion in 'LSD' started by sysD, Aug 10, 2006.

1. sysD

sysD Newbie

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o
    Alright, my first post.

Ok so I have dosed on mushrooms about 4 times, SWIM's last one being somewhat traumatic and leaving me kind of down for about a week. Possible PTSS. But SWIM feel like he's returning to normal right now. SWIM also smoked pot for about a year and a half prior to this, with no problems.

Ok well what I wanted to ask is:

What are the chances that one will develop some sort of mental illness (psychosis, bi-polar disorder, depression, HPPD, skitzofrania, ect.) from taking LSD? Some of the stories out there have made me somewhat concerned about this before I dose.

I have an aunt on his mother's side of the family who suffers from depression and is taking medication for that. On SWIM's father's side of the family, an uncle committed suicide recently after losing his battle to depression (however SWIM suspects that his depression may have been caused by his upbringing). Both of these people are related by blood, not marrige.

I know that LSD can set off a gene that runs in the family (running gene) causing one of those disorders, but what about otherwise?

And what are the chances that I would inheriet any of these mental problems?

When answering please keep in mind what someone, somewhere said: Those blinded by their love of Lucy may not see her destructive properties.
    So please answer objectively.
    Thanks,
    SysD

P.S. - I am also considering trying MDMA soon (just as a one time thing), does that have any adverse mental effects?

2. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    couldnt give you odds on whether it will happen. can tell you it certainly can happen. especially underlying mental disorders. forcing things to the surface is what acid does best. we all know what happend when you dont like what comes up...

:joint: :beer:

3. Herbal Remedy

Herbal Remedy Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Very difficult question to answer, but I can say this. When dealing with powerful substances, one should not always look at the the substance itself, or try label how it will effect a person. Rather, they should look at themselves, and consider if they have either any irresponsible or unsettled tendencies to their personality. Is there any issues in swim's life that bring about common waves of depression or uneasiness? Is swim in the best state of mind for tripping (free from responsibilities/worries/negative emotions)? These are just a couple of questions I could ask himself before deciding to dose.

What Fatal said about underlying mental issues being brought to the surface is spot on, so that is one of the most important factors to be considered. If I am generally happy and emotionally stable, and 100% sure he wants to trip on alice, then he should have a great experience and we all hope for the best for him. Remember to always be smart, be safe, and that set and setting are the most important precautions to take when tripping. A bad trip could easily have been a beautiful one if someone prepares themselves and their environment for the journey ahead. Feel free to ask any questions, as theres many triptonauts in this community with a lot to share. Best wishes, peace...

4. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I hate to play the "age card" here with you, but I must.

At the young age of 16 you are very much confused about yourself and life in general. We all have to go through these gates to find out who we truly are. You will get through this experience just fine. Many - countless - people do. Psychedelics are just magnifying glasses into one's (your) mind. It will pass and make you stronger for having seen this up close and personal. Going psychotic does not announce itself. If it happened to you - you would not notice it. Other people would. You would assume all was well and wonderful. The fact you are worried shows very clearly that you have not had a psychotic break. That is the truth. As is this:

You are 16. We are 18+ here due to legal situations. So say goodbye gracefully. All will be well soon.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2006
  5. reaper69

reaper69 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o
    Iight this guy's my bro's bandmate, he dropped me a line on msn tellin me to check this out and see what the deal is...
    I copied and sent him your replies and he says thanks

6. reaper69

reaper69 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o
    Uh last post ill be makin for him... if he was going to develop any of these problems, woul dthey have already deveped or would they do it later, seeing as how hes tripped before

7. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Being a liar can make things much, much worse. Tell your pet Canary to think about that while tripping it's little, yellow beak off.

Bye!

8. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    wow did we just have two bannings in one thread? how wonderful!

:joint: :beer:

9. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    It was the same critter using different titles. Not that amazing. Ah! To be 16 again and trying on my mother's unde....er...never mind!

10. John Butter

John Butter Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I read something, and for the life of me i cant find it again......but it was a very interesting article about LSD and mental illness, and it basically said that if you have mental illness in you immediate family I.E. (schizophrenia, "Clinical" depression).......that LSD has a possibility to bring it out, BUT it said that the LSD is more likely to have Brought the Illness out sooner, and it would have came out anyway on its own. If anybody has read this article plz post it.