1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Combinations - Promethazine Syrup and Tylenol 3 (codeine)

Discussion in 'Deliriant antihistamines' started by chubz718, May 18, 2010.

1. chubz718

chubz718 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o Male
    I have Promethazine syrup without codeine in it. I was wondering if I take Tylonel 3 will it be the same as drinking regular Promethazine/codeine syrup. Is it safe? And what dosage of Tylonel 3 would be the equivalent of drinking regular Promethazine/codeine syrup?

2. SmaLLtown

SmaLLtown Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    Re: Promethazine Syrup and Tylonel 3.

Promethazine/codeine syrup has 6.25mg promethazine/10mg codeine per 5mL. So 1 fluid oz would contain 37.5mg promethazine/60mg codeine. A Tylenol 3 contains 30mg of codeine. So taking (2) Tylenol 3's + 1oz promethazine hcl syrup would = 1oz promethazine/codeine cough syrup. Got it?

3. chubz718

chubz718 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o Male
    Re: Promethazine Syrup and Tylonel 3.

Thanks dude..you're the man. Has anyone ever heard of this combination? Will it be safe?