Propyl tryptamine RC’s

Discussion in 'Tryptamines' started by ChemicallyBound, May 13, 2005.

1. ChemicallyBound

ChemicallyBound Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    The only Propyl analogues of RC's that have been widely documented with success is DPT, dipropyltryptamine.

what I'm interested in is if whether anybody has any experience with the 5-MeO- or 4-HO- analogues of di-propyl-tryptamine?

Shulgin gives the 5-MeO-dipropyltryptamine a very short hidden section in his book without really elucidiating too much.

So , if DPT is active,do the 4 or 5 varieties have any positive effects?

seems pretty uncharted..........

2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I have been looking for information on combining DPT/analogues with harmala alkaloids. Thus far no one has come forward. So my guess is that the propyls are a pretty much uncharted territory. Bring back a map. I will!

3. ChemicallyBound

Reputation Points:
    Hey Nagog, I was thinking of first seeing what are the phenotypesof 4-HO-DiPropylTryptamine and 5-MeO-DiPropylTryptamine without such strong potentiators such as the Harmala's. But any info is useful.

One would expect the 4-HO-DPT to be similarly active to its cousins but there is absolutely no reports at all, amazingly overlooked it seems.

5-MeO-DPT has a short mention in tikhal buried in the 5-MeO-DET section but gives only very rudimentary comments. appears to be active in the 4-8mg level:

To me, an obvious bridge to help explain this seeming discontinuity, would be the dipropyl analogue, I made the compound, and explored it up to its active levels. It is an easy compound to make, and has been known in the scientific literature for may years. My quandary was how to present it in this book. Should I make it a recipe in its own rights, giving the detailed synthesis and a formal position as an active tryptamine? But its actions are ambiguous, and not totally positive, making an argument for its inclusion as a footnote in some other, more interesting recipe. It is this latter route that I have chosen, so here is the 5-MeO-DPT story, both chemical and pharmacological, tucked away in the bigger 5-MeO-DET

>chemistry part excluded, u know where to find it<

QUALITATIVE COMMENTS : (with 4.0 mg, orally) "Within the hour there is something and after another hour there is nothing. Happy to go on up."

(with 6.0 mg, orally) "I am up above background for sure. Maybe to a ++, erotic maybe, and not too much light-headedness. It is comfortable. Completely out before the fourth hour."

(with 8.4 mg, orally) "Aware in 12 minutes, some head noises at 20 minutes. These noises are reminiscent of the 5-MeO-DET in that they were "bells" which were bad and the underlying "turn-on" which was good. But the "bells" were outweighing the "turn-on." Let's ride it out but then, for that matter, what choice is there! At the 25 minute point the turn-on now outweighs the bell noise. But these keep alternating. Pulse 84; no cardiovascular. But for the next half hour, the bells > the turn-on. At three hours, almost baseline, and I eat modestly. I have better things to do with my time."

4. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Yow! Quasimodo Hydrochloride! Yuko. I made the same mistake and synthesized 5-MeoDET. None of us enjoyed that one. But we sure tried to! Hahahaha!! I would imagine that the propyl analogue would be an even better disaster. 4-substituted seem to have fewer physical effects. I'd steer my flasks in that direction. I think the 4-OH propyl was used in Europe as a CY series. Check Peter Stafford - "Psychedelic Encylopedia." It cites that as I recall. If memory serves me well, the dose was the same as for psilocybin/psilocin.

Regards -Edited by: nagognog2

5. ChemicallyBound

Reputation Points:
    Nagog,

5-MeO-DALT and 5-MeO-DiPT are clearly active so I would not rule out 5-MeO-DPT which is squarely in the middle.

5-MeO-DET is just the black sheep bad apple.

4-HO-DPT is very interesting and concievably just as active as its psilocybin cousins

6. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    in refference to 5meodpt, didnt shulgin say its physical effects were too pronounced?

Ive seen vendors with this particular compound although it quickly becomes discontinued.

7. ChemicallyBound

Reputation Points:
    No , he didn't say the physical effects were too pronounced . read above. He doesn't really say much at all: 4mg neutral; 6mg +2 and 8mg mixed. looks like it wasn't completely explored

8. waxhorse

waxhorse Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I actually tried 5 meo Dpt on a number of occasions...Up to 25 migs.

Hard to explain the experience. Very sedating with no visual. I found myself in a sort of "nod" state several times.

Fairly short. 2-3 hours. Easy to go to bed after peak. Didn't upset my GI or make me want to vomit.

Didn't really get it though. Certainly wouldn't be my first choice. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't unpleasant...

I almost bet that 4 ho dpt would be pretty interesting.

Wasn't the one Stafford mentions in Psychedelics Encyclopedia CZ 74 or 4 ho det?

WH

9. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Mea Culpa. Yes it was the hydroxy and hydrogen phosphates of DET. Thanks for the report on the 5-Meo-DPT. Doesn't sound like I missed much in ducking that synthesis. I still like the effect of hearing bells from the 5-Meo-DET. All I got was a squishy sound like a sponge being squeezed. Wish I got the bells at least! That one went down the sink! LOL!

10. prospero

prospero Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I seem to remember Shulgin saying 4-HO-DPT as being particularly difficult to synthesise.

11. genaro

genaro Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    4ho dpt

4aco dpt

5meo dpt (I sawthis oneonce from some online supplier... which was busted)

these three are very probably activeEdited by: genaro

12. ChemicallyBound

Reputation Points:
    I would place my bets on the 4HO and 4AcO-DPT being most active, so it sounds like 5MeO-DPT is something my Horse doesn't have to try to synth. , sounds like a non visual sleepy but easytrip.

so, 4HO dpt is an animal with what kind of stripes......hmmmh?

I'm guessing very visual but relaxing, my horse needs to know.

13. genaro

genaro Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    well, custom synthesis might be your best friend if you really wanna know

14. prospero

prospero Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Has anyone yet managed to try 4-HO-DPT?

SWIM loves the 4-hydroxylated tryptamines and 4-HO-DPT screams out to be a wonderful experience. Shulgin says it'sdifficult to make but difficult doesn't mean impossible (and he still managed to produce areport at the 20mg level). Surely some underground chemist out there must have given it a go? If SWIM can'ttry it himself he'll make do with vicariously experiencing it through other people's trip reports!

15. prospero

prospero Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I presume from the lack of responses that no-one round here has come within sniffing distance of 4-HO-DPT. Am Ithe only one desperate to find out about this potentially wonderous substance?

I suppose the rest of you are too busy trying out the latest bromo-chloro-flydragonfly 2,5-dimethoxyfullyaromatized-difuran whatever!

16. GDxCAT

GDxCAT Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    ^to my knowledge 4 ho dpt was never available at any of the suppliers, so none of us have rezally gotten a chance.

I assure you that had it been available there would already be people who have tried it.

17. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I wonder what alpha propyl tryptamine would be like..... wouldnt that be the direct homologue of racemic amphetamine?

18. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Not quite, as the propyl is coming off the alpha position on the ethylamine that makes it a tryptamine. In that the alpha-methyl is active at under 10mg, and the a-ethyl requires considerably more - it is likely the a-propyl would need a shovel full to have an effect. But I might be wrong. It would be interesting to see what this does to someones' lab flies.

19. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    There was an alpha methylated DIPT out there, but it was pretty much inactive, so the DPT version is also likely inactive. There is info on it on the Lycaeum. There is some suspicion that it is an antagonist of other tryptamines..
    4HO-DPT sounds like an interesting one, though..

Snapper

20. ChemicallyBound

Reputation Points:
    alpha methylation doesn't usually add to a positive experience for many zebra fish I've heard