Drug info - Propylhexedrine Basics

Discussion in 'Various drugs not covered by other forums' started by Nahbus, Jan 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Ok. I'm creating this thread to provide (and find) more information about this drug.

To start, propylhexedrine can be found in Nasal Inhalers (search for the brand name, you'll find it). Many people report the high to being very similar to amphetamine, although it is not an actual amphetamine, it's classified under
    Sympathomimetic Amines.

People abuse these inhalers by swallowing the 250mg Propylhexedrine soaked cotton rod inside (Start with one. Should be a good starting dose). There have been about 7 deaths reported, all were a result of injecting it. I have read it is a relatively safe drug up untill the 1g mark.

Warnings: DO NOT!
    Use while pregnant, may cause contractions in the uterus.
    Use with a known heart condition or disease.
    Use if you are diabeties or have Hyperthyroidism.
    Use if you have low or high blood pressure.
    Use if you have a known liver or kidney disorder.
    Use if you have narrow-angle glaucoma.
    Use if you are taking a MAO inhibitor, hypertension medication, other decongestant medication, other drugs that cause vasoconstriction (including migraine medication, hypotension medication, etc)
    Use if you have problems with urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland.

Warnings: Possible Side Effects
    CNS-disorder; GI-disorder; Gilles-de-la-Tourette's-syndrome; anorexia; cardiac-disorder; cerebrovascular-diseasee; depression; dry-mouth; epigastralgia; dysuria; insomnia; in hyperkinetic children: growth-suppression.; impotence; hypertension; headache; hallucinations; fear; fatigue; prolonged-administration of decongestant: nasal-paresthesia; prolonged-administration of decongestant: nasal-irritation; prolonged-administration of decongestant: nasal-dryness; prolonged-administration of decongestant: dry-nasal-mucus; prolonged-administration of decongestant: ORL-diseasee; palpitations; pallor; orofacial dystonia; tremor; temporary nasal-turbinate enlargement; sweating; sexual-disorder; restlessness; respiratory-disorder; psychosis; psychological-disorderr; nervousness; nausea; muscle-damage; micturition-difficulty; mental-disorder; libido-changess; irritability; intracerebral hemorrhage; vomiting; vertigo; vascular-diseasee; prolonged-administration of decongestant: stinging; prolonged-administration of decongestant: sneezing; prolonged-administration of decongestant: rebound rhinitis; euphoria; dizziness; convulsions; cardiopathy; blepharospasm; arrhythmia; anxiety

Positive Effects:
    1. Euphoria - Hardcore euphoria when on 250-750mg
    2. Stamina - You will have stamina that is unnatural. Tons of energy, this is because your glucose gets dumped into your bloodstream, or a large amount none the less. This can be countered using glucose dietary suplements, best if you take them at 1 hour before the come down. This will prevent the hideous side effect known as crash.
    3. Clear Thought - Just like a low dose of DXM this drug allows you to think really really clearly.
    4. Obsene Happiness - You will be extremely happy, as if nothing in the world could bring you down.
    5. Easy Breathing - Helps reduce stress and add oxygen to your bloodstream, which in turn helps with euphoria and happiness.
    6. Stress Relief - Since it increases the size of your veins by expanding them, it decreases blood pressure and makes stress wash away.
    7. High Concentration - Easily the best drug for concentration. More so than adderal or other known anti-depressants.
    8. CNS Standby - Central nervous system standby, pretty much it turns some of your senses into a tingling sensation, it is not annoying, but instead rather mild and pleasent.

Negative Side Effects:

1. CRASH (what do you expect with a stimulant, anyways). Some users may experience at the end of the trip what we have called CRASH. During crash you can feel very drained, tired, nauseous, depressed, or muscle soreness.

---

The high lasts about 3-5 hours, with the crash being another 3 or so hours.
    There is believed to be a cross tolerance with amphetamines, so if you take a bunch of amphetamines all the time, you may already have a tolerance to propylhexedrine.

Anyway, I've read a bunch of reports and the majority of them were all positive, with the user falling in love with the substance. On the other hand, there were one or two who had users vomiting with intense stomache pains. This could be due to some sort of medical reason, though. Seems you should be in fit condition to try this drug.

Propylhexedrine can be extracted from the cotton rods:
    in a glass baking dish, place the cotton rod.
    pour a teaspoon of HCl/Muriatic Acid on it and let it sit for a second.
    pour 3 teaspoons of dH20 over this and let the liquid run down to the other side, squeeze the juice out of the cotton.
    evaporate, and you should be left with yellow crystals.

you could probably have a better result with an A/B extraction.
    ---
    Propylhexedrine:
    [​IMG]

Amphetamine:
    [​IMG]

---

Please share any further information or experiences here.

2. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    still wondering about this whole menthol/pain issue.
    Would the menthol cause severe head pain?
    Would extracting the goods be better (HCl + dH2O)?
    SWIM REALLY wants to try this again, but this time exclude the hellish pain.
    Thanks.

also, I was told (very uncredible source) to put the cotton in coca-cola with tin foil and drink it. What would tin foil do?
    I think this person was just kind of slow.

I am still very curious about this drug. Particularly trying to find out what caused the head pain. I'm hoping it's just the method of ingestion (swallowing the cotton swab with menthol + lavender) and not propylhexedrine itself.
    SWIM really wants to try it again, probably in combination with a benzo, but is afraid of having another painful experience. Any help for SWIM in this area would be great (should SWIM extract it? Dissolve it in soda [with phosphoric acid] with a peice of tinfoil [still confused about this] and drink it slowly?). Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2007
  3. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    So is this an OTC product in the United States, or does it require a prescription?

4. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    OTC in the US. Benzedrex inhalors.

5. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    How would You rate the strength of this drug compaired to Amphetamine on a scale of 1-10 (10 being Amphetamine). Please try to be realistic and not exaggerate.

6. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I am still a bit weary of trying it again. The second half of the effects were the best (after the severe headache and a few vomits). Combined with Valium, I had one of the best feelings from a drug that he/she's had in a long time.
    I wonder what the whole coca-cola+tin foil+cotton swab really does. Maybe SWIM'll try that next time.

7. Richard_smoker

Richard_smoker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I don't know... you could have gotten a headache because of the blood pressure increasing inside your head. If it's an aneurism, then you might not just get a headache next time. Next time you could be dead.

I'm not sure what to tell you about all this except to be careful. Some people have headaches when their BP goes up just because they're really sensitive to changes. Others will have one really bad headache as a warning, and then next time-->BAM they blow an aneurism and bleed out inside their skull.

8. old hippie 56

old hippie 56 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Damn good advice, smoker. I hadn't seen none of these in a while. He looked the other day at a drug store. Found some, but none with benzedrex. Seen really bad off tweakers extract that stuff, then shoot it. Always turned their faces red as a beet. Plus they always complained of headaches afterwards.

9. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yeah, it did seem, to SWIM, that the arteries in his head were going to explode. I am now afraid of trying it again, with the whole aneurism thing. Maybe I'll find more info and I will try putting it in a soda and drink 1/3 of it and wait a while to feel any effects, maybe more if that doesn't work.
    Hmm.

10. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    So has anyone else tried these yet? I am becoming more curious about this drug once again, especially taking it at his new job where he does some physical work and chill and smoke (but god, if those headaches/vomit came back it would be horrible). Either way, after rereading what I posted about my experience, I said he really really wants to feel those effects again.
    God, he should just make meth for crying out loud. Meth Synthesizing has been crossing my mind more and more lately, as well. Never tried it, but I know he'll love it. Maybe methcathinone again, but thats iffy and not super fun...

11. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    Does SWIN have any updates on this? Did he try the soda mixture with any luck? Maybe I will experiment with it and see if the headache and nausea are a common side effect.

12. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have not had the chance to test this out again. Well, he's had plenty of chances, but lost interest a bit (kind of scared, as well).
    You should try it, my girlfriend didn't experience those headaches, my brother experienced some stomache cramps but that's it. I am really sensitive to a lot of chemicals, though. Coming back to this thread makes me want to try it again sometime real soon, though.
    Please report back if You try it :).

13. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I am planning to possibly do the extraction method, once extracted and made into powder can swim smoke it? snort it? or stick wit oral? I has no intention of using a needle, and wat exactly is this mention of tin foil? what effect does foil have, though idk meth synth much (though this isnt meth)?

14. gitst0opid

gitst0opid Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Thanks for bringing this topic back IHrtHalucingens! I was quite skeptical of it's effects after reading Nahbus's trip report, but Swiy's report has made Swim curious to try. I'll post a trip report in the next couple days.

Jesusfreak666er: I'm sure the propylhexadrine needs to be freebase in order to smoke it. So make sure You don't turn it back into a salt in the extraction. The foil method goes pretty much like this: Make a spoon shaped figure with foil. Then put the freebase onto the scoop part. Put a straw in your mouth, and hold a lighter under the spoon and as smoke rises, inhale with the straw. This method is know as chasing the dragon. One more thing, there have been many studies that linked smoking tinfoil with alzehiemers.

15. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    oooo no swim knows about smoking off of foil, my comment is refering back to nahbus's earlier post... how would I take his extracted prop and make it into a freebase that would be smoke able? swim prob wont try it, he kinda wants to snort it, but feels oral is the safest with a new chem and one that is kitchen chemistry.

16. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    more on topic question though im still curious about aluminum deodorants... lol... how many mg of adderall are comparable to 250mg of prop? or any sort of equivlency info plz

17. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    on topic, it was earlier mentioned that someone didnt want to extract the propylhexedrine from the cotton and put it in pills. does this mean they chopped up the cotton and stuffed those into pills? is cotton even digestable?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2007
  18. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM told me he may try this again tomorrow. He said he will probably take 1/3, wait an hour (that's about when the horrible effects came on) and see how he feels, then take another 1/3 and wait about 30 mins, and if he isn't at a good level, he'll take the rest.
    He is pretty scared, though. He's just so worried about that headache! Should SWIM have anything else handy besides valium to ease any troubles that may arise? Would ibuprofen be a bad choice? Any suggestions? Thanks.

19. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I think You shouldnt do the 1/3 at a time, since the cotton is not definately applied evenly... if You wanna get scientific with your experiment, do the easy extraction mentioned earlier and take 1/3 at a time... either why swim curious to here swiy's experiance.

in refrence to forthsevenlakes post, cotton is definately edible, now if its healthy, well eating cotton is not healthy, but neither is stimulant use, You should be more weary of the lavendor oil and menthol in the cotton other than the cotton.

20. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yeah, perhaps a quick extraction will do the trick. I could just pop the extract into 3 pills. Good call (yeah, I do remember the cotton being more soaked in the middle)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.