Experience Report - Psilocybe McKennai Experiences

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by Nature Boy, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    SWIM picked up some psilocybe McKennai most recently there yesterday. The portion weighed 11g fresh and cost 20Euro. He ate his mushrooms in a crisp sandwich for a change which turned out to be a bad idea. McKennai are considerably more manky tasting than cubensis and munching the sandwich was a lot of hassle. He had to down three glasses of milk just to get it down. About an hour after eating, 9.30pm, he started feeling the usual onset. Within two hours of eating things were beginning to get very intense. Small ornaments started oscillating around the room, and any time he concentrated patterns emerged far more clearly than anything he had experienced before on shrooms.

Without doubt, these are the strongest, most far out mushrooms he's tried. The overall trip lasted five hours, and though at times the trip was immensely vivid, it never became paranoia. Physically, the shrooms numbed his body almost completely and at times he didn't feel connected to his body.

Definitely recommend these to all who can find them.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2009
  2. roidrage

roidrage Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    ThEy sound interesting but when i did a google search for Mckennaii couldn't find anything on these at all. The closest thing that came near was the name Mckennai was Terence Mckenna the author of the Gods. You pick these up off a website?

3. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    No. Shrooms are legal in Ireland. McKennai are pretty rare from what I've heard but you can buy them here and in Holland if you know where to look for them. They're definitely the most intense shrooms SWIM's ever had and he's definitely gonna do them again within the next month. Search "McKennai" on this forum. I'm sure someone's probably mentioned them before.Edited by: nature_boy_liam

Last edited: Jul 29, 2006
  4. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Round Two:

I was on the McKennai again this weekend but the effects were somewhat different because the mushrooms were somewhat drier though the dose was lower, roughly 10g I reckon. What made SWIM's night especially bizarre was a cup of mushroom tea one of his friends gave him. He had Hawaiian Copelandia shrooms that were manufactured in the Netherlands and he made a big pot of tea with probably 20g in there.

The tea worked much more quickly than the usual ingestion method and he slipped into a strange state of consciousness where at times he was unsure of being where he was, and felt like he was in some sort of other world reality. While he peaked on the Copelandia tea, soon the McKennai began to work their way in and control his trip. He became very relaxed physically, any threshold anxiety was long gone, and he got into some really deep thought.

As far as mushroom combinations go, SWIM really suggests this one. The beginning is intense, the levelling out period is genuinely surreal and the after effects are quite pleasant.Edited by: nature_boy_liam

5. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    They are for sale here. Excelent stuff! They gavestrange but good body sensations;tingles allover [​IMG], especially at the top of my head. Yes, you can get these online. But you can not find them trough a google search.Edited by: Alfa

6. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Round Three:

SWIM can't believe he's ended up doing McKennai for three weekends in a row. He grabbed them because they were the only strong mushrooms available in the store apart from philosopher's stones which he hasn't tried but hear that they aren't special. SWIM and a few of my buddies were sitting around the kitchen table smoking joints and they decided to do the shrooms in tea. This ended up being a fairly dumb idea.

SWIM shared pots of tea for the night with Mr. X and Mr. Y. They had 25g of McKennai (fresh) and 20g of psilocybe cubensis (fresh cubes). This ended up being way too much. They put 5g of the McKennai in the first pot, drank a cup each, didn't really feel anything. Mr. X decides to make another pot quickly, this time lobbing 10g of McKennai in. They downed another cup each and started feeling it. Then they decided to get all the tea-drinking over and done with because they were fearing their stomachs wouldn't be able to handle it later on. The whole remaining portion of mushrooms was thrown in. 10g of cubes and 10g of McKennai. It was ludicrous. SWIM struggled through the last cup and started feeling very trippy.

They decided to go straight into dimensia and go into SWIM's computer room where they would switch off all the lights, play loud psychedelic music and stare at glow-sticks. They sat in the darkness for well over an hour and SWIM experienced some of the most intense closed-eye visuals he had ever seen. Intense designs like ancient Inca/Aztec/Celtic-style patterns flashed through his mind. Colours were going crazy. After a while the images got over the top, much too intense. He knew he had overdone it because no mushroom trip was ever like this before. The visualisations transformed into spiralling tunnels of mushrooms that seem to twist and warp into vomiting faces, slug-like creatures and what not. It wasn't exactly frightening, but it was a little too mind-blowing.

He had to get out of the room and gather his senses so he began drinking booze in order to come down a bit and get him back to a realistic level of intoxicity. What happened next was truly bizarre. Whatever was happening now, for some reason he felt like there was a presence behind him the whole time. At moments, like going to the toilet, he felt like he had four arms which freaked him out at first but he soon got used to it. It wasn't so much that he had four arms, just his field of vision was working as if I had four eyes. His stomach got pretty upset after a while and he had to chuck up which was not a very pleasant experience but helped him snap out of the trip somewhat.

The rest of the night, involved discussing with his friends how they all over-did it, as the mental waves slowly died down. They each knew that we had gone a step beyond and that we should take a break from the psychadelics for a good few weeks. The experience was a mind-opener, a realisation, and a warning that SWIM won't forget very quickly. Don't underestimate mushroom tea.Edited by: nature_boy_liam

7. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    Wow! You took two doses of mushrooms! One dose of Mckennai(20 grams)is hard core as is.Edited by: Alfa

8. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    SWIM underestimated how much he took. Those McKennai's are deceptively strong. Although most people disagree, I think they are more potent than Hawaiian copelandias. I'm just glad I had it in tea and didn't eat that much. Had he ingested that amount he may well have lost it completely.

9. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    Does anyone else have experience with McKennai? I'd like to see more trip reports. See the sources forum for places to buy them.

10. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Does anybody have experience with dry mckennais? I usually enjoys 3.5g of cubensis or 2g of cyanecins ... my friend is advising 1g of dried cckennais. Are they really that potent?

11. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    2 grams dried Psilocybe Mckennai is a full dose.

12. poorphucker

poorphucker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    If they can't be found on google, do you have source info anywhere?

A & S

13. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    Yes, but thats in the sources forum.

14. poorphucker

poorphucker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SOOOO what you are saying.... is that if I want to find a desription, or originations of a certain strain, I have to prove my worthiness in order to acess information about the strain?

I guess I could just not learn anymore about this particular strain that I have never heard of..... or just go an inquire elsewhere about it. It is not as if I want to purchase a print or anything.

I thought this forum was about information.... that is why I have been coming here for a year and a half. Let's see, 20 posts in a year and a half..... 100 posts till I am worthy of the "source forum".....I just have 6 more years to ago. I am very patient :) and have no problem waiting till 2012 to find out about this strain [​IMG]

Hopefully more information about this "supposed" strain will become available to us peasants before then :)

A & S

15. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    It's information about the pricing and where available. Not information about the effects/appearance/taste etc.

16. poorphucker

poorphucker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanks nature :)
    I read through last night and realized that is what the source forum was. I think my earlier post was mis read.... or worded shitty. I spend 12 hours a day on this computer, and am pretty much well aquainted with getting what I need, so I was not really interested in getting the strain.

When I said "source info", I personally meant info about the strain itself. Origins and such. Could not help but wonder if it was a vendor's ploy in just naming a strain what they felt fit at the time, for ye ole sale purposes. Maybe even a renamed strain from Syzygy?

Anyone that is around them in a shop, could ya maybe possibly ask the vendor about the strain's particulars?

A & S

17. poorphucker

poorphucker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I am guilty of it myself [​IMG] I use google so much that I forget about other search engines. A quick search of msn gave me the info I needed ...to find more info [​IMG](rememeber, I am only after the info...not the fruits) I sent a place an email.... hopefully they will get back to me and at least know about what they sell. It would be a shame if they didn't [​IMG]

A & S

18. Silence_Inc

Silence_Inc Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    hi there - i was wondering why these are called ''mckennaii' ... MCKENNA .. hawa-II ... has terence got anything to do with it??? ...

19. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    They're named after him. That's all I know.

20. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Round Four:

Last night I had another experience with P. McKennai. He bought the shrooms fresh (over 20g) and dried them using a dehumidifier. By the time he consumed them, they weighed 3.5g. He had already drank several beers, smoked a few joints of strong skunk and taken over 100mg of codeine before he ate the shrooms. They were stuck under his teeth somewhat so the taste was vile and long-lasting.

Effects kicked in within the hour. He noticed a slight change in perception and he decided to throw on my mp3 headphones and relax with music. I enjoyed that very much. Later he smoked a few more spliffs and watched his kitchen table wobble. A buddy offered him a line of cocaine after I had told him the codeine was making me really sleepy. He snorted it and that shot him awake again. For a while, his legs felt really loose (he fell over a bit at one stage) and he experienced many CEV throughout the rest of the night before nodding off at 6am, long after the main effects of the shrooms had faded away.