Other - Psilocybe Semilanceata in Honey

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by Pjiotr, Oct 7, 2003.

1. Pjiotr

Pjiotr Newbie

Reputation Points:
    High

I found nearly 30g of Psylocybe semilanceata and want to conserve them. I have already dried them and want to put them in honey. I heared from a friend thathoney would extract the active compounds. But there are some questiones left.

How much shrooms would you add to 1000g of honey?

How long should the shrooms be soaked?

Me friend said that he put the entire mushrooms in andtook them out at the end of the process (whenever this is). Are the shrooms activeafter extraction? (Don´t think so) Would you use choped or the entire shrooms? They are mostly very tiny.

Something, I think very interesting happened at drying. I dried them at the boards of a not active marijuna grow room. There is a room for marihuna flowering which is active also nearby and a have to put some plants out of it under the shrooms drying board when I work in the flowering room.It seems that some spores of the drying fungi fall into some pots with soil for marihuna.4 days after I startes drying the shrooms there where7 big Psylocybe semilanceata growing in a pot of a Nebula Haze

Now Itry itwih "the dirt" from the shrooms in used pots where there marihuna is cut down, because its easier to mange humidity.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2007
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    Pjiotr,

you may have discovered something there: Psylocybe semilanceata is extremely hard to cultivate indoors. Even the best can't do it! Please let me know everything you know about the conditions in that growroom: temperature, moisticity, co2, hours of light, how many watts per m2, kind of soil used(with or without additives) Any info is welcome.

3. Pjiotr

Pjiotr Newbie

Reputation Points:
    High Alfa,

as i mentioned it´s not a growroom for shrooms they grew in marihuna pots! The soil constists of 50% rich garden soil und 50% perlite. It is a room for flowering marihuna so there are 12hligth (600W MH) and 12h darkness. The shrooms grew in the shadow of the plants, not in full ligth.Temperatur is about 20 degrees in the nigth and 22-24 degrees with ligth. Humidity is about 60%, no addition CO2 is given. Thepot was verymoistwhen the shrooms grew and also got Terra Florresfertilizer und Bcuzzblommstimulator for marihuna. They where soaked with water in the evening, fertilizer came in the morning. The next evening thefirst shrooms appeared. The pot stayed onlymoist for one day, as its used for ganja you should let dry it out. Thats a big mistake for the shrooms. Next evening the pot was dry, the shrooms onlygrew up a little more and then dried out. But 7 big shrooms where there. No one appaered after anext watering and fertilizing.

I triedit with some dust from the papers in one other pot, but nothing happend.Iwant totry it in some pots wherethere ganja is cut down, but I have to wait a few days. I think, it will be easier do manage humidity there, because no fast drinking ganja plant can distrurb the shrooms.

Photos from the grown shrooms (and other) are available, but I have no place to put them.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    Thanks for the pics. They look very good. You are probably right on the more grass, the more shrooms.

5. drussel

drussel Newbie

Reputation Points:
    if you think these are semillenciata i dont think they are

6. geordie

geordie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i have 100 average sized fresh liberty caps chopped up and put into some honey as i am aware that this is a good way of preserving them, i was just curious as to how long they will last. i preffer not to dry my mushrooms as ive never had much luck with taking them dry, dunno why, maybe its just me. thanks.

7. Mike177

Mike177 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    next time try drying them with just a fan for a day or more untill they are completely dry, then grind them up to a fine power and put them in a jar but make sure to pack them in the jar and hard as you can and it would be best if you fill the jar up to the top with it packed in there as hard as u could get it. I would also recomend useing something like a baby food jar or other small sized jar. i have head that useing that method they stay fresh for like 4 years, its suppose to take out any oxagen thats in the jar so the phylcibin dosent destroy.