Drug info - Psilocybin Mushroom Trip Duration

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by xypex982, Jun 11, 2006.

1. xypex982

xypex982 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Ok, so I am finally getting some mushroms and is planning on taking about 2.5g, but I dont have a scale so I cant be exact, and I was wondering how long would the high last for? I am about 6ft tall and 197lbs so he isnt small by any means. Any help would be great for a first timer. :D

2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Commonly a lab rat, with an empty stomach (no food for at LEAST 4 hours) that chews these horrifying fungi well and then swallows them, can expect to feel a reaction in about 30 minutes. Sometimes less, sometimes more. All rats have different metabolisms.

This will expand up to a peak effect in around an hour and a half. give or take. The plateau effect will continue to cause the rat major problems running the maze for upwards of 5 hours and then decline. At around the 7-8 hour tick - all is well and rat is ready to write, read, go to bed.

3. RPS

RPS Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re

I am about 6'3'' and weighs 180LBs

I remember taking 3gms and having a peak for just over 5.5 hours.
    About 2.5 hours later, I felt completely sober.

Cheers,

RPS

4. xypex982

xypex982 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanks now swim can plan out a day.

I am prepared for the trip and will be embarking on it next friday :D
    I would like this to be more than just ''hey look I can see music'' or hey everythin looks like a kelodoscope'' but rather to look deeper into swim's self and open up doors in swim's mind but knows little about how to. The few things I do know he leared from one of his teachers of all people rofl (An ex hippy and very experinced user of psydelics) but would like to know more.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2009
  5. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    You really dont need to try to do anything. This may sour the experience. I would suggest just going with the flow and allowing the trip to take your where ever it feels necessary. SWIM always starts off having the time of his life tripping the fuck out, then after the amazement part is over, he can sit down and really get into the introspection. He has never failed to get this effect from mushrooms but has never tried to get it, he just lets it come to him. Its hard to explain, just go for it and be sure your in a good environment and with good people, if anyone at all, and experience it for yourself.

6. xypex982

xypex982 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Swim thanks you for the advice and will have a close freind be a sitter.