1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Experience Report - PST and Migraine - Experience Report

Discussion in 'Opium & Poppy' started by Wthdrlsucks, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Wthdrlsucks

Wthdrlsucks Newbie

Reputation Points:
    45 y/o from Arizona, United States
    I woke up with a migraine headache this morning. One of the reasons I have been researching PST is to see if it will help reduce the pain of a migraine. What follows is my experience:

10:00 - Make PST. 200 grams (1 1/2 cups) poppy seeds mixed in 2 cups of water. Yield 1 3/4 cups tea. Pain lvl: 7

10:30 - Drink 3/4 cup of tea

11:00 - Starting to feel very mild "floaty" in bodacious and head. Pain lvl: 7

11:30 - Drink 1/2 cup of tea. Still mild floaty sensations. Pain lvl: 7

12:00 - Feeling very relaxed. Body still feels floaty. Head feels heavy. Pain lvl 7

12:30 - Drink 1/2 cup of tea. relaxed but energetic, general happiness , very good body high going on. Pain lvl: 6

1:00 - Body is floating on a cloud. Having problems finding words. Pain lvl: 4. Make another batch of tea.

1:30 - Drink 3/4 cup of tea. I could feel this way forever....Pain lvl: 2

2:00 - Pain is gone.

4:00 - Drink 1 cup of tea ha,ha because tea is awesome!!! Lol

Going to drift off in opium dream...

9:00- My migraine is gone, so the experiment is a success!! Plus bonus points because I'm still higher than a kite!!!! and I still have tea!
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 12, 2017 ---
    11:30 - one other thing to note is I have not experienced urinary retention. Usually I get urinary retention whenever I use opiates. I am still feeling very good, but found sleeping is difficult.

2. Coacervate

Coacervate Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Hi WDSucks,
    to name it is to know it and you are sooo correct.

For what its worth I wanted to tell that I used to get migraines regularly. Full blown with the shimmering lights and mind fog and partial blindness. But about a year ago I started using 3 grams of Maeng Da Kratom leaves in the AM and I have only had 1 headache in that time and that one was short duration. I know you've found a good treatment with the tea but I thought you'd (or others) would be interested.

You know, when in season, I make pod tea to treat my back pain. no more than 2 cups per week. That really helps but I also got a side benefit. All of my IBS symptoms have cleared up. I've mentioned all this before but I want to be sure readers know of this possible option. I've never noticed any urinary retention ( if I am right that means you don't pee very much, heh.)

I think it is kind of ... i don't know, ironic? that old folks who are self medicating for pain etc meet here with young psychonauts who are honing their skills for other purposes. I would just comment that I used to be among the young and happy to alter my reality without leaving the farm. Keep in mind that one day you will blink and find that you too are coping with icky life stuff and combing the forum pages for health tips. So eat drink and be merry!

3. Lady Codone

Lady Codone Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Nice! Codeine makes my migraines much worse the following day...not sure if pods would help or hurt. But glad you found something that works! Kratom seems a better fit for my migraines.

4. perro-salchicha614

perro-salchicha614 The Pipe Lady Titanium Member Supporter

Reputation Points:
    from Headache City
    You know, I find that nothing banishes headaches nearly as well as Excedrin (or its generic equivalent). PST doesn't seem to relieve my headaches much and can sometimes make them worse after it wears off, probably because of dehydration.