pst: what should be expected?

Discussion in 'Opium & Poppy' started by almondcat, May 20, 2017.

1. almondcat

almondcat Newbie

Reputation Points:
    22 y/o from United States
    hello

SWIM made some pst for the first time
    I am trying this because they have back pains rn and is also curious

they only had 2 oz (<56 grams) of seeds and mixed it with cold water in a little glass jar (there was abt 1"-1.5" of water over the seeds), and did 5 minutes of shaking then 15 minutes of waiting for about 2 hrs. then they strained it and added juice of 1 orange. tea was strained just by slowly releasing water through the cap, no t shirt or anything to soak the tea.

the smell was pretty strong and gross, I said the orange juice made the taste more bearable.

they took 2 little sips of it about 20 minutes ago and no effects yet. they also had a few almonds after spitting the tea. I have a lower tolerance, but not no tolerance

first picture is tea being shaken
    second is the prepared tea

questions:
    how much should they drink? the whole bottle (slowly of course)?
    should they have used warm/hot water opposed to cold water?

Attached Files:

1. 3/5,
      Ask this BEFORE taking drugs. Since no one answered till well after the effects started, this is a useless thread. This entire forum is nothing BUT people's expereinces. Read what is here before asking pointless questions .
      May 23, 2017
  2. la fee brune

la fee brune Titanium Member Sponsor

Reputation Points:
    from Cowtown
    Did you end up feeling much? A "normal" dose for a batch of tea is about half a pound to a pound of seeds (8-16 ounces). I don't think you'd be likely to feel much from two ounces, even if they were really "good" seeds. Of course, it's impossible to recommend an exact dosage, due to the variable potency of seeds (and pods).

I've always found that warm water works really well for PST because it dissolves the opium residue more readily. You will have to do the second wash immediately, though, since the seeds will start to go rancid pretty quickly if warm water is used.

3. mess clean

mess clean 'member? Palladium Member Supporter Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from 3rd Stone from the Sun (M-F, 8:00 PM to 4:00 AM)
    Also, don't forget that some seeds are natural, while others are "washed". The washed ones have very few opiates, if any, on their surface.

The natural ones are unwashed and came straight out of a dried pod. These are the ones you need. These are covered in morphine, codeine and perhaps a smatter of other opiate alkaloids.

In any case, as you ingested so low an amount, your seeds might be just fine.

-MC

4. almondcat

almondcat Newbie

Reputation Points:
    22 y/o from United States
    they were just really itchy through the experience
    nothing euphoric or anything

the seeds were labelled "cooking seeds" so it was expected that they were already washed, and they were bought front a store that sells food that is whole

only 4 sips were taken, should SWIM drink the rest of the bottle to feel anything?

5. la fee brune

Reputation Points:
    from Cowtown
    Considering how small the amount of seeds that you used was, I think it would probably be okay to drink the rest of it. Just to give you a frame of reference, when I first started using PST, I would drink one wash made with half a pound (8 ounces), and it would get me reasonably high.

6. Sedation90

Sedation90 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I've not had much luck with cooking seeds I think most of them are washed or not even Papaver somniferum. Does anyone know if you can use gardening seeds instead of the baking ones? I've found a few sellers online that have "largeish" amounts of Papaver somniferum seeds but they are meant for gardening and not for human consumption so i'm worried that they might be full of dirt and stuff or treated with chemicals o_O

7. la fee brune

Reputation Points:
    from Cowtown
    As far as I know, P. somniferum are the only seeds used in baking. Opium poppies are also known as "breadseed poppies" for this reason. Commercial cultivation of other types of poppies is basically nil.

And of course they're going to be dirty. The grossness is just something you have to accept if you're going to use PST.

8. Sedation90

Sedation90 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Thanks perro, I actually bought some poppy seeds that said " Raw Unwashed Poppy Seeds" on the packet but they had little to no effect which made me think they where not Papaver somniferum and also the seeds looked much smaller. The seeds where from a health food store and not some random seller online trying to scam people so i was really surprised and disappointed. Keep in mind I only used about 150-200g because I'm new and wanted to go easy but maybe i just prepared it wrong:confused: I used the warm water method and shook the seeds for 3-5 mins strained and drank slowly but felt next to nothing so ill try using the gardening seeds next time :)

9. la fee brune

Reputation Points:
    from Cowtown
    What kind of tolerance do you have? That's a pretty smallish dose. P. somniferum seeds are actually quite tiny. Was this your first time with poppy seeds?

A lot of "unwashed" poppy seeds come from poppy pods grown for pharmaceutical use, so it seems unlikely that they'd be exposed to anything harmful to humans.

10. Sedation90

Sedation90 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I have no opiate tolerance but I was a heavy kratom user a couple of years ago but iv not used it in about 2 years because it got banned sadly that's why I started getting interested in poppy seed tea iv tried poppy seed tea a few times but not had much luck