1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Drug info - Psychotria Umbellata-Opiate, anxiolytic and possible dissociative/psychedelic?

Discussion in 'Ethnobotanicals' started by Porvata, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Porvata

Porvata Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Connecticut, U.S.A.
    So I was just scouring the internet in an attempt to stumble upon some obscure plants with possible psychoactivity and they found some articles on this plant.

First off, it contains Umbellatine, which seems to have opiate-like activity as well as possible NMDA antagonism.

Another compound found in this plant, Psychollatine appears to have anxiolytic effects and bind to the 5-HT2a subtype receptor.

I was under the impression that most 5-HT2a agonists are psychedelic so they wonder if this compound might possibly have psychedelic properties if it does indeed act on those receptors. Needless to say this sounds like a very interesting plant. :thumbsup:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  2. phenythylamine

phenythylamine Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Wow this is really interesting. Has anyone tried this, if so I would love to read an experience report