Publicizing DMT

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by Brizzles, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Brizzles

Brizzles Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    As far as I'm is concerned, DMT and its effects are relatively unheard of by the common masses. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Here is a link to what I consider the most publicity DMT has recieved in a long time:

Joe Rogan rants on the beauty of DMT
    (The above link contains an audio file in which TV personality and comedian, Joe Rogan, comments on the benefits of DMT.)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2006
  2. Phaedrus

Phaedrus Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Well, given what's going on with Salvia, I think it's right where it needs to be, in easily obtained plant material, but slightly beyond the stupid stoner's ability to get at when he runs out of weed and wants to "get fucked up".

3. RealGanjaMan

RealGanjaMan Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Publicity is nothing but trouble when it comes to drugs, other than marijuana.

Which is why marijuana is the wonder-drug :)

Something as powerful as DMT should never become 'wide-spread'.
    People today are just to stupid, so many people would end up misusing it and harming themselves/others.

-RGM

4. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    I think everyone in the world should smoke a fat bowl of DMT. Who knows what would happen.....it would be quite interesting though. DMT unlike salvia is already schedule 1 so it's not like they can do much. One bad thing that could come of this though would be the banning of DMT containg plants like mimosa hostillis. Hopefully this day will never come. If there is a day that I know he will never again be able to obtain mimosa, he will move to a place where it is harvestable, and he will grow some himself. This is how much DMT means to SWIM.

I am all for DMT being used by the masses, but only if they respected DMT. There is not much potential to hurt yourself from DMT use. I am always pretty much immobalized for a few minutes after taking some rips. Maybe I am just optimistic that DMT will effect everyone else like it did him. There is something special about DMT, but there is also something special about SWIM. When those two get together it is like a family reunion. Not everyone is going to love the experience and integrate it into their lives like I did.

5. Marsofold

Marsofold Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from USA
    In general, ignorance is bliss when it comes to DMT. The public pretty much knows nothing about it and it is advantageous to maintain that situation. Those who are interested will find it. There are several alternative plants that also have DMT in them in addition to Mimosa Hostilis. Psychotria Viridis, Acacia Obtusifolia, and Desmanthus Leptolobus are the most practical alternatives. Psychotria is tropical (indoors for most people), Obtusifolia is an Australian tree that takes a long time to grow (but is almost ideal), and Desmanthus is a dilute plant source that will grow pretty much anywhere.

6. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    Publicity is very low among most young adults and teenagers which is why there arent many horror stories about it. The funny thing is SWIM learned about it after seeing a video in school on the yanomami tribe from venezuela and their use of DMT for healing purposes. This sparked my whole interest in the world of exotic drugs and is the reason he found this website. Glad i did!

7. psyche

psyche Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from finland
    On the other hand I think everyone should try DMT or Ayahuasca at least once. Ayahuasca would propably be more of a teaching experience and I think no one who doesn't find any benefit in it would try it again with all that purging etc. But, for the worldwide publicity, whole world should change their attitude towards drugs first. That's not the direction today, is it.

8. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    if everyone were doing DMT what a world it would be... almost everyone (ie probably 95% or higher) in the mainstream population would not have to psychic fortitude to be able to integrate the experience. this drug is far too powerful to be used by the naive. it is a real sacrament and should only be used by those who understand everything that that implies... if it were to become legal and sold in stores it would last MAYBE a day before it were illegal again... use your imagination... drunk guy wanders in from bar... buys DMT... smokes 300 mg... death rebirth death rebirth death rebirth mind snap... please keep this away from the weak/impure spirits...

9. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I don't think it would effect a positive change from the top of our society down. I mean look at George Bush - he already sees little creatures from other dimensions and listens to their council. Only he thinks they are Christian Deities who tell him to do things like lie and invade soverign nations. So I doubt DMT would have any truly beneficial effect on him.

10. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    It might have a beneficial effect on a large portion of society, they could start a revolution!

Mass civil disobedience might cause it to become legal, the new "soma." It would not be the first time that a bulk of the current "society" injested hallucinogens. It is not like everyone would be doing it, but if everyone experienced it one time it would be likely they went on the experience it again and or other things. DMT is just so obscure, most people never even hear about it much less get to try it. Even if they did they might by into the bullshit propaganda and think that they might go into a permanent psychadelic state.

11. Voices

Voices Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Funny thing is, I don't take that as a joke. Also, I can only imagine that some folks, when they have cause to be terrified (which would be inevitable if mass perscribing DMT), will snap closed on all levels permanently, creating a more rigid, intolerant individual than the one before.

Can I assume, also for the humor of it, that those who think "everyone in the world needs to try DMT" would also think that it would be beneficial to put liquid LSD in the communion wine at the local church?

From the headlines:
    "I just wanted to show them God."

12. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I wasn't joking - he does hear what he supposes to be the lord Jehova talking in his head. He has admitted such to interviewers in the past.

Regards LSD in the communion wine - it was done. Didn't work, but didn't cause a disaster either. Probably got the idea from the experiment done at Harvard with psilocybin being given to theology students and various ministers of different faiths - knowingly. It was well documented. I'm sure you can find it.

13. Voices

Voices Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    ^
    I've heard of the Harvard experiment, but neveer of LSD being put in communion wine at a church (I thought I was being clever).

I will look for that (if in fact that's what you're mentioning). If I can't find anything I may need to ask (or plead) for a lead; that is way to interesting to not know more about.

14. magic clown

magic clown Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I like it the way it is now, I dont want the world knowing about it. At the moment in England it is just enough below the radar to stop the government cracking down on the useful plant materials.

15. thinkcooper

thinkcooper Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Those who are meant to find it, do. It doesn't need any marketing.

16. drugsrbad

drugsrbad Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    "There is something you don't know about me joe rogan, I smoke rocks." haha

17. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    DMT is a very powerful psychedelic. We don't need tons of people thinking "Hey cool lets get messed up and see shit!!" and ending up with another salvia, where too many people vastly underestimate its power.

Or worse yet, if it gets any prominence at all in the drug scene and police start finding more of it you can expect Mimose Hostilis Rootbark and anything else that you can extract DMT from to be illegal and shut off.

18. thinkcooper

thinkcooper Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Have any yous been asked directly by the entities they've encountered to share the molecule with others?

19. magic clown

magic clown Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    entities encouraging the breaking of the law? I cant belive it would ever happen

20. seechao

seechao Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from Canada
    Comunion wine might be bad, may end up creaqting uber-thumper with that one... but it does remind me of a story I was babbling about at some point, where he was theorising on the possibility of using DMSO with a dark red, non toxic, dye, as well as a good high dose of n,n,DMT, inject the mixture into an empty paintball, and use a good paintball rifle with that as ammo, as an alternative to assasination... seems a little more humane, and may actualy cause the persson to change, as all they get is pain where they get shot, something that looks like blood, then something that feels like a near death experiance... might work...

Tags: