Injecting - Pulp Fiction - why does Travolta draw blood first?

Discussion in 'Heroin' started by Kittyofftitty, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Kittyofftitty

Kittyofftitty Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    In the movie "Pulp Fiction" John Travolta shoots up some heroin.
    After he sticks in the needle he first draws a small amount of blood,
    lets it sit, then injects all the Heroin. Is this a good method, and if
    so, why?

2. DubOK

DubOK Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from U.S.A.
    I dont know much about shooting up so i am shooting in the dark on this one. My best guess from what i have heard you want to make sure you inject the herion into your vein not anywhere else. I would have to say he is doing that to make sure he was tapped into a vein and then shoots up. Not sure about the method never gone herion myself.

3. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    dubok you are correct. however, an experience user can tell when it's in ;)

it hurts like hell to pop through the back of the vein and inject

4. Triple7

Triple7 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from sweden
    You don't even need to draw some blood.. just when you made a hole to
    your vein.. blood rushes into the syrringe without your drawing.

But it is common to first draw out some blood.. some guys also pump..
    i.e. they inject partially.. draw.. inject.. etc.. my guess is that
    they don't like to have a concentrated bomb into their veins. (I might
    be wrong.)

5. sterckxke

sterckxke Newbie

Reputation Points:
    That's not true ai have experience enough to say that blood !sometimes! enters the barrel without registering.
    This depends on how low you hold your arm under your hart,your blodd pressure and the size of the barrel.
    But if you are injecting you'll feell a change in resistance if the needlle enters the vein

The reason(why i do that) is that when i inject the needlle sometimes slips uot of the vein, and by registering and injecting a couples of times you minimize this.
    Another reason can be,that if it's new dope you have "feel" if it's good one.

6. magicmaster141

magicmaster141 Newbie

Reputation Points:

All true! Blood won't always flow in it seems to depend on the things you said and perhaps how tight you have your belt (or w/e around your arm lol) and where your shooting. I hate the change in resistance if I'm using a dull/old needle (ceaned and only used by me but still notvery smart I know) eww makes me kinda sick thinking about the feeling. I pump sometimes butit doesn't seem to make the high/rush any better. If I do it most of the time it's cuz I haven't been shooting for very long and i'm a little scare of needles (I would pass out every and I mean everytime I got a shot or my blood draw before I shot up myself, now I just get sick lol) so I do miss or pull out from time to time and Ilike to make sure I'm still in the vein. Oh just a little note I only shoot crystal meth but I'm sure it's pretty close to umm I forgot what your shooting lol. Hope I'm not too out of place in the opium forum =p. Laterz~

7. smilla

smilla Newbie

Reputation Points:
    all correct, i have missed by thinking i was in a vein because blood registered but i either went threw it or it pulled out...makes me very pissed when i miss. Make sure it is in the vein by pulling back a little. no harm there

8. lolomgwtfbbq

lolomgwtfbbq Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Is injecting always painful?</font>

9. par excellence.

par excellence. Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Eeek, injecting into veins is a scary thought for me. I don't know if
    I'd ever do it... I'd be scared I'd stumble and, like, send my vein
    ripping out of my arm or something.[​IMG]

10. asystole

asystole Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yeah pulling the plunger back is to see if you are in the vein or if you've blown it... it's called getting flash when you get blood

11. paulywould

paulywould Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Injecting should not be painful. Sticking it in might be painful but once it is in you should not feel pain when you push the plunger. If you do then you are pushing to fast or you are out of the vein.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
  12. daaarkminion

daaarkminion Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I've injected H about a half a dozen times. I use standard 1CC insulin syringes when I do.

I've never had blood push its way into the syringe when I hit a vein, and it's likely that if blood starts gushing in you've hit an artery, and don't don't don't want to shoot into it!

Basically, it's really easy to tell if you've hit a vein or not. If you pull back the plunger and get bubbles and air, you're not in. If you get blood (which I can't even usually see because the shit in the syringe is so dark anyway) or just notice that it's filling up with more liquid and no air, bingo, inject it SLOWLY (so that you don't put stress on the vein by introducing too much liquid to fast) and you're ready to rock.