pure thc?

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by xctico, Jan 23, 2005.

1. xctico

xctico Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from costa_rica
    Getting the DTHC[delta theta hidro cannabinol] out of weed. Can it be achieve through an acid/base process?

I tried once with benzine and alcohol but the ending product was a
    black oil that smelled like gas, so I didn't risk it [nor thought about
    using a guinea pig:s], I wasn't really sure wether I had THC or
    some chemical that was added to the weed for the drying and compacting
    process [like amonia].

2. AdrenalineJunki

AdrenalineJunki Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    If you can get keif, (THC crystals from weed) or honey oil, i THINK thats as pure as you can get

3. xctico

xctico Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from costa_rica
    how does the process go?

4. Chaote

Chaote Newbie

Reputation Points:
    keef im pretty sure you just take crystal, i get it by putting it in a film canister and shaking alot then u have a ring a crystal and repeat over and over then put it in a plastic bag and run under hot water to bond it and tada u have slow burnin keef, i still prefer bud to it but each to there own

5. sunyata

sunyata Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from norway
    There are recipes for making high-grade THC oil with butane(lighter gas) and ether or alchol another place in this forum, just look and you'll find it. It's really simple and effective.

6. xctico

xctico Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from costa_rica
    thnx sunyata, that's the kind of info I was lookin for. [​IMG]

7. fiftyseven

fiftyseven Newbie

Reputation Points:
    The most pure product I have made was and oil useing the butane method, the product was yellow and very clear. I smoked it in a brand-new clean crack pipe that i made for the purpose of smoking oils. The high is diffrent, it comes on a bit quicker and can be quite heavy. I smoked a bit the size of a match head and was very stoned. that was at a time when i was smoking about 3 grams a day, and i thought that my tolarance had gotten so high that i could not get stoned anymore. You can smoke plenty in one hit. i smoked 6 or 7 biggish hits in one sitting durring the after-noon, and there is a huge chunk of time missing from that day. i woke up on the couch at 2am when my dad was putting a blanket on me. It's good stuff, so i started making all my ganja into butane oil. and after that i literaly could not get high by smoking the plant material anymore. it was about 6 months of very little THC use befor i could get stoned again. the butane oil is easy to make, do some reserch on the web, the process is very simple, all you really need to do is push the liquid butane through your finly broken up ganja, and filter. and then let the butane evaporate, and then cook it alittle bit to drive off the excess butane, (you deffinatly dont want to be smoking butane) BTW you wont get pure THC unless you do some serious chemistry, this method only extracts the butane soluble plant oils, mostly the cannibinoids, the great thing is that it does not extract the chrloform (sp) i also like the ice hash method, but the butane wins in my book because it only takes about 10min to make and you can do it with as little weed as you want to smoke. its more then possible to take a whole gram or more in one or two hits.

8. purplehaze

purplehaze Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I dunno if your wantin to do this to get high or not but if u have any metal smoking pipes you can hold a lighter to them and black resin i call it comes out just let it land in a plate or somethin and it will harden into a little raindrop like deal and throw it ontop of some weed in a glass pipe and it will do a pretty good job but it makes me cough really bad and i smoke alot to and i cough like a newbie when i do it.

9. xctico

xctico Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from costa_rica
    Thnx for all the feedback mates, I've found a lot of aditional info
    from the ideas you told me. Mostly for the Butane process. I'm gonna be
    working it this weekend, but I'm also adding an extra step for refining
    the oil with isopropanol, to take away it's photosensitiviti, and
    further purify it. I understad that I could yield around 70% thc.

Purplehaze. Thnx for the tip. I've done that before, but it's a rather
    impure process, you don't get as clean a product as honey oil.

Most of the stuff you're smoking is the same canceriginous found in
    weed, that's what I want to avoid. Plus, with the butane process you
    spend your weed at a much slower rate, more bang for the buck.

10. The Boss

The Boss Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Guys, why does everyone insist on adding chemicals to get a better high? If you want to get really high smoke more weed... If you dont want all the chemicals involved then collect the trichomes and make hash... Adding chemicals is never good for the simple fact no matter what the process some of the chemicals are left behind and eventually with enough use will cause you more problems then they are worth.

1. 2/5,
      uneducated statement. butane is a solvent used to extract thc, and butane evaporates away at room temperature, no residue left behind.
      Mar 4, 2007
  11. fiftyseven

fiftyseven Newbie

Reputation Points:
    acctualy with a proper chemical extraction you are smoking fewer chemicals(thats why certain people do it), as well as much less plant material. what if you CANT smoke enough weed to get high, or can only get shitty weed and need to concentrait it to stay high. Staying high all day every day is deffinatly a priority of somepeople. If you are good about how you do your work, nothing of significance will be left behind. BTW ever toke some bubble, that is made with ice-water (ice water is a chemical) and will blow any veteran pot-head out of the water.

12. xctico

xctico Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from costa_rica
    Do you know what the proper chemical name for ice water is?

13. cwatt

cwatt Newbie

Reputation Points:
    THe best way to get keef is to get some danky nugs, grind them up finely in a grinder. BY a grinder with a screen already in it or make a little box with a screen. Shake the weed ontop of th screen and under the screen keef will fall out. but this takes alot of weed to get alot of keef.

14. xctico

xctico Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from costa_rica
    Boss. Both isopropanol and butane evaporate at room temperature, so
    there's no rsk of any of those being left behind on the oil. Also, as
    fiftyseven said, the idea is actually to remove chemicals and plant
    matter that are no good at getting you high besides being cancerigenous
    in some cases.

So the whole deal is about purifying the thc source. up to 70%[​IMG]

15. The Boss

The Boss Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I wasnt saying adding chemicals to the weed then smoking it right away im saying the use of chemicals to get something else. To the guy who said what if you cant smoke enough weed to get high? Then quit for a week and start up again, the high will be almost the same as the first time you smoked, if you cant do that you shouldnt be smoking in my opinion but to each thier own i suspose.

16. xctico

xctico Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from costa_rica
    Boss, the problem is that when you smoke weed, you're also smoking a bunch of chemicals that are no good [cancerigenous]

17. Powder_Reality

Powder_Reality Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Boss, you seem to be really down on chemicals. Think for a second; why does cannabis produce a psychoactive effect in the first place? Because it contains psychoactive CHEMICALS called cannabinoids. In fact, the entire world is made up of chemical compounds and elements.

But I think what you're trying to say is that extracting thc with solvents will leave dangerous chemicals behind in the final product; correct?

Well, this is true to an extent. Using impure solvents such as cheap camping butane can leave residues and impurites in the final product. However, using pure and high quality solvents that are free of impurities should produce a clean final product. The boiling point of the specific solvent used is also a factor. Butane has a very low boiling point and will completely evaporate form the final product within minutes. However, alcohol has a higher boiling point and will take longer to completely evaporate.

So yes, if done improperly, extracted THC can contain impurites that may be harmful to the user. But if done properly with clean equipment, the extracted THC will be clean and produce less carcinogens and tars when smoked than raw plant material.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2007
  18. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    When you use butane to extract, you are not "adding chemicals" you are using a solvent to extract the active cannabanoids out of the plant material. butane evaporates at room temperature and leaves no residue. (even if you are impatent and dont let it evoperate fully, it's the gas burning solvent that is in your lighter flame when you hit your bong.)

19. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    the purest THC I has ever extracted was done funnily enough by re-X-talizing from isopropyl alchohol. its not very soluable in isopropyl alchohol but it is enough for something this simple. the material was dried, then repeatedly frozen and thawed to break down the membranes and cell walls. then soaked in 70% isopropyl alchohol for two weeks. before straining it was heated to about 150 f. it was then put under a fume hood for about two days until there was very little if any of the alchohol left. by this time straight yellow glassy crystals had already formed at the bottom, it was then refrigerated for about 3 hours to get it just below room temperature. the crystals were taken out with tweazers and dried. too flammable to smoke in a regular bowl but did wonders when vaped in an oiler.

20. Burden

Burden Newbie

Reputation Points: