1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Purifying Adderall for Smoking

Discussion in 'Adderall' started by NYCbeauty, Jan 4, 2005.

1. NYCbeauty

NYCbeauty Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have ADHD and I have a legal prescription for Adderall (amphetamine salts). How can I purify the pills to get rid of the fillers so that I can smoke them? I'm looking for step-by-step instructions from someone who has actually done this before. I have crushed the pills and smoked them off of tin foil, but the smoke is super harsh.

Thanks!

2. meRlin68

meRlin68 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    hey swim know this topic is old but is it possible 2 smoke A?
    wuld u get the effects???

3. GForce

GForce Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    First off, watch yourself for self-incrimination. Even though SWIY may legally posses a prescription that doesn't mean that he should be telling people he is not taking it as directed. Just a friendly reminder since you're new.

As for purifying it, I'm really not sure about a method that works for sure. A friend of mine claims that he created "jump juice," a mixture of purified amphetamine salts and water in an afrin-like inhaler, with a relatively easy method. His method was to take 100mg worth of Adderall tablets, grind them up to a powder, and mix them with water. His creation hinged on the fact that amphetamine salts are water soluable (which is why they can be efficiently insuffulated). He said using a simple coffee filter he filtered out all the filler and was left with a mixture that was water and amphetamine salts.

He claimed it worked, and I'm not going to doubt him because he knows his stuff, but I do question how efficient a process this could be. Besides, there is certainly the chance that other fillers are water-soluable as well, and then there is the issue of figuring out what those fillers are for both XR and IR pills. There really wasn't much scientific method behind his experiment, so he never actually quantified what the resultant was. However, as I said, he did say it worked.

The reason I mention this is because it could be possible, if this method is efficient enough, to run a powder/water mixture through a coffee filter and then evaporate the water. If my friend's theory is true, you'll be left with just amphetamine salts. In my opinion you'll find some other things there too, for example generics are noted to have some kind of sugar as a filler, and I believe that would make its way through the filter as well.

I would suggest reading up on the chemical properties of amphetamines more if SWIY is actually serious about pursing this. There might be an extraction that is more efficient or easy, or one that could take advantage of the properties of the fillers (for example doing a cold water extraction if the fillers crystalized and amphetamines didn't).

4. Nacumen

Nacumen Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2007
  5. BoogieDown621

BoogieDown621 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o Male from Near Pittsburgh, PA
    How do I reach that link? I get an error message from the forum every time I try to reach the link and it wont let me read it. Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2017
  6. Budgetadvisoryservice

Budgetadvisoryservice Blue Water Scum Silver Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from On the bay
    @BoogieDown621 - you can't access that link because it is for a page in the chem section and you haven't got enough rep to get there yet.

Stick around, read the rules and obey them, post accurate information get which attracts good ratings and use the rating system yourself, and soon you will earn access to the chemistry forum.

Check out this thread, as it's got loads of helpful info for new members:
    https://drugs-forum.com/threads/noob-survival-guide-drugs-forum-101-source-forum-faq-and-more.37552/

7. BoogieDown621

BoogieDown621 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o Male from Near Pittsburgh, PA
    Thank you so much for the assistance and I will read that thread right now