Purple Bud

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by yj965, Sep 21, 2006.

1. yj965

yj965 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I was wanting to know of some different kinds of seeds that would give swim some purple bud. I have always seen pics of them but can't seem to pin down any that swim can get now. The more color the better!

2. Senor Gribson

Senor Gribson Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    purple bud grows in purple climate, not from purple seeds

3. Lehendakari

Lehendakari Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from spain
    I disagree. Blue Berry, Purple Power, Blue Moonshine, Nebula.... There is lots of seeds that will give you purple buds. I strongly recommend Blue Moonshine.

It is true though, that cold climates will stimulate purple colouring. When my parrot grew weed he noticed that the later plants which were flowering till late autumn pruduced very aromatic purple buds.

4. yj965

yj965 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Sorry, should of said strains instead of seeds. I wasnt on the hunt for purple seeds. Didnt know about the colder climate. Blue Moonshine sounds great! Does anyone make it colder indoors to make swiy's buds do this/intensify this? Thanks for the help!
    :beer

5. Lehendakari

Lehendakari Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from spain
    You could try reducing temperature in the last 2 weeks before cutting. Just remember not to do it suddenly and never less than 15 ÂșC.

Can't assure this would work though but it won't hurt the plants anyway.

6. Senor Gribson

Senor Gribson Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    anyone else remember back in elementary school when we watered plants with food colouring and the plants absorbed it, changing their colour?

7. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    There are some "purple" strains that portray darker colors however most "purple" bud the average person gets is phosphorous depleted. you can turn any of your pot plants purple by exposing them to low temperatures during the final 10-15 days of folowering.

A few strains that natural show darker pigmants are - "Blue/Purple Dragon", "Lavender", "Purple Murple", "Purple #2 aka Urple", "Nebula", "Blue Berry #2", and "Blue/Purple Moonshine" are all well known established strains.

8. yj965

yj965 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Sounds good. thanks for the help! Swim will try to get there hands on one or some of these strains and see what happens. If not I will try the tempature change, or both.... Swim will post some pics in a couple of mouths to show how much help You has been

9. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Just a quick note, while some strains do have a tendency to show certain colours more, I find that even strains like Blueberry and other purply colour strains don't look that impressive when the temperature isn't turned down. Don't expect your bud to look like a picture from the Cannabis Cup or High Times just because its from a strain that has those types of colours.