Purple Haze

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by Nature Boy, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I bought a bag of what he was told was purple haze tonight. The weed looks very dark but it does have hints of purple. The stuff is quite dry and doesn't have a particularly strong smell. There are some stems and they're quite brittle. It tastes quite smooth, sort of earthy, and it's effects are moderately strong but nothing special.

Is this the famous purple haze I've heard of but have only had the chance to try for the first time tonight? To be honest, my expectations were a little higher.

Purple haze?
    Yay or nay?

2. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Could be, could not be. There are many strains and hybrids out there with a purple color to them. And even if it is purple haze that doesnt necessarily mean its gonna be fantastic, it all depends on the grower.

3. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Purple Haze? If it's just so-so, it's not the Strain I have tried.

About 2 years ago, I got a couple eighths of Purple Haze at a Cannabis Buyers Club. It had quite a bit of smell (though it smelled good). It had tiny purple hairs dispersed through-out the flowertops. The buds, themselves, were pretty dark. And the weed was pretty strong (certainly not so-so).

Just because I bought it at a Buyers Club does not ensure that it is actually THE Purple Haze that was named by the "inventor" of the Strain. Frequently, another grower will cross-breed some pure Purple Haze, with another Strain he loves (and just call his stuff Purple Haze).

This is done quite a bit with White Widow. Of the many times I have bought some, I only had the "original" once; it was White. Then I have had at least 5 different Strains also called WW, but obviously different; and one Strain truthfully labeled "White Mix."

Labels are OK, but tasting is the true test. If it kicks butt, I wouldn't care if it was called Garbage Scum ... I'll smoke the heck out of it, and enjoy myself.

4. polloloco001

polloloco001 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    In my area there is a lot of purple weed which is not that great (some
    of it is great). People buy it strictly because it is purple and they
    pay more for it. I guess they have some kind of idea in their head that
    it is purple haze or grandaddy purple, which are really the only two
    really good purple strains. But this shit is just sold as "purple" and
    its really nothing spectacular. Purple coloration is just caused by a
    nitrogen deficiency in the plant. If you can just cause the nitrogen
    deficiency you can sell it for more and not have to bother growing good
    weed. I smoked some shit a couple months back that was bright purple,
    it looked like it had been dyed or something, and it was absolute
    garbage, i did not get high off about 10 hits, and that is way below my
    personal standards for weed quality. I'd say if you didn't get
    incredibly baked off a very small amount it was not purple haze.

5. big-lester

big-lester Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    It could be purple (just purple without the haze), Purple is darkish
    with a purple colour and also has a smooth taste and is moderate to low
    in strength. It could be purple or just low quality purple haze.

6. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    That's the most accurate description I've seen of what I have. I don't really mind it though. It was cheap and it does get me stoned. Just need to smoke a little more.

7. psychedelaholic

psychedelaholic Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from england
    When I was in 'dam I bought 2g of purple haze from the Grasshopper. It smelt quite fruity and sweet and tasted much sweety and more spicey than normal weed. It was very dark bigpurpley green buds and for 4euros a gram you can't go wrong

8. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    I had some very dry recently. Kind of crumbles into a fine powder.

nothing special.

9. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Purple Haze doesn't exist anymore. There's purple pot, yes. Whether or
    not it USED to exist is not known to me, but I'm pretty sure it's
    either a myth or an extinct strain.

10. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Why wouldn't Purple Haze exist?

One thing about a killer strain of pot: A lot of growers will want to grow it. I remember when M-39 was the rage. Whenever I was at the Cannabis Buyers Club, I watched 100-to-200 Clones of it being sold: Eager growers, who couldn't wait for their nextcrop to come in.

Later, when that particular strain is not so Hot on the market, growers pick the latest killer strain, and grow, grow, grow. Some of them will undoubtedly cross-breed some M-39 with another strain, looking for that Holy Grail: THE new killer strain.

But I am willing to bet, that even 10 years later, there are still a few individual growers who are still raising M-39 ... and Purple Haze too. It will be difficult to locate it, but a Great strain lives on, in those personal gardens, and (for the rest of us) in our hearts.

11. Herbal Remedy

Herbal Remedy Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

4 euros a gram? isnt that like 5 US dollars? is that the usual price for bud in the shops in amsterdam? also (im sure this is a stupid question) but do the shops have like high quality kind bud and lower quality beasters n mids? i know they have menus and varities of bud but i always just assumed they were mostly high quality kind bud... if they do have different qualities, what quality was the bud you got for 4 euros a gram (headies/kind, dank/beasters, mids)? i appreciate any info as im hoping to take a trip over there sometime soon!

Im sorry if listing prices is against the rules but i thought that since its decriminalized over there its ok to ask the prices at shops n all, just not dealers n street prices. thanks againe, peace...

12. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    XEuro a gram wouldn't be the average price of weed over there. It can range anywhere from XEuro to XXEuro a gram depending on quality, rarity and how much of a tourist trap the place is. I visited Amsterdam last summer and was staying in the heart of the city where weed and hash tended to be a little more expensive because tourists generally pay more without shopping around. I luckily had a coffeeshop map with me that helped me find lesser known places that sold cannabis and I was able to get some decent bargains.

Generally, the standard of the weed and hash over there is quite high (compared to some of the shit that I've smoked) but there are certain types of weed that really don't do much for me and that I considered a waste of money e.g. Thai stick. Best stick with the famous high grade weeds that are usually priced at X-XXEuro a gram e.g. White Widow, Skunk #1, Orange Bud, Silver Haze etc.Edited by: nature_boy_liam

13. bonghed

bonghed Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    well it probably was purple haze, just not made as good as it could have been. I find good purplehaze quite trippy

14. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Prices discussion is not allowed. Please edit your posts ASAP. Edited by: Alfa

15. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Done, but I was under the impression that prices could be used for legally sold products no? I've seen prices listed in the coffeeshop forum.Edited by: nature_boy_liam

16. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    Haze (at least what I has seen) always has "crystals"

Kind Bud, Hydro, good mids, mids, bunk has no crystals.

haze (what ever variety) is "hazed" with THC

17. bonghed

bonghed Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    Purple haze does exist, well i'm convinced i've smoked it, was a fairly good smoke, could have been cured a lil better though. and the ph contained a fair amount of crystals, was a nice trippy smoke, Edited by: bonghed

18. Herbal Remedy

Herbal Remedy Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

ive never heard anything like that before, you happen to remember your source for that info?

im sure this is more of a difference in our environments but ive never seen "kind bud" without a shit load of crystals, other wise i wouldnt see it as kind bud (nor would i pony up the cash) itd just be... low quality weed or something...

and as far asi know, the term "hydro" has nothing to do with the quality of the weed but its about the way it is grown (using water and a substance like rockwool instead of soil or whatever).

and as for haze, well to me its just a name... untilswim personally purchases the seeds from a reliable seller i dont really care whatits called as, just how good it is hehe. peace...

19. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Herbal Remedy: "and as for haze, well to me its just a name ... i dont really care whatits called, just how good it is."

Yeah, me too. In one way, naming a hot Strain is great. The Discoverer has a little bit of immortality: "I've 'invented' Purple Haze. When you smoke it, remember that I made it for you." Then, all of the people who (are lucky enough to) "get in" early will sing his praises. A Legend is born. Even though most people won't know his name -- he knows . . . and that's enough.

Certainly, any dealer wants to have the "best" stuff available on-the-streets (to impress his clientele): "Here's some of my special stash: Purple Haze. Just for you." This happens, but there's good-and-bad. If it's good, then it's a Good thing; the happy customer gets High, and knows it's bad-ass Weed. If not, well, customers shouldcomplain (so maybe he'll stop doin' it).

Especially with Purple Haze. It's name says it all. The spirit of Jimi Hendrix lives.[Insert guitar solo] I remember you. I smoke this to live in your World, the other World: Freedom and LSD.

20. big-lester

big-lester Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands

purple haze is usually unlike the other hazes, most hazes tend to be
    really strong, for me purple haze usually isn't very
    strong, and it doesn't really get me stoned, it gets me high. purple
    haze is usually very different from other strains.