Drug info - Quaaludes/Mandrax/Methaqualone

Discussion in 'Downers and sleeping pills' started by tinydancer, Feb 29, 2004.

1. tinydancer

tinydancer Newbie

Reputation Points:
    *Please Note that this is a Combined Thread. The earlier posts are from before the time that Self-Incrimination became frowned upon. Do NOT take this as a license to avoid the use of SWIM (or similar)*

Back in the early 80's qualudes(sp) were popular amongst my friends.
    I never got a chance to try them because I missed the party or didn't
    get invited. I'm curious to know what type of drug is this and how does
    it feel being on ludes?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2007
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    as far as I am aware they are no longer made. It was a barbituate and I did try them many years ago. UN-BE-f**kING-Believeable. just stay safe and do some xanix

3. OneDiaDem

OneDiaDem Nefelibata Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Ahhh, the Lude groove. They arent made anymore. Heavy pills. Nice ride. Im not sure why they quit making them, but they were heavily abused, which may have been the reason, plus they were very strong. Newer and better drugs have come along. OD was not uncommon back in the day.

4. edgien

edgien Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Oh how I remember the king of the feeL good remedy...Quaaludes or Methaqualone was outlawed in 1984 and is no longer manufactured (legaLLy that is). Ludes were the drug of choice by many, it would put you in the best mood of your life and you woke up the next morning feeLing like a million bucks andwould make even the most inhibitedgirL or guy HORNY as heLL in less time then to say "huh". But as with many good things there was a price to pay for longterm use not to mention many a souL left this worLd while indulging in the big "714". You either loved them or hated them, for some it would simply put them to sLeep butfor others including myself the memory although somewhat blurred was very sweet!!!!!!!!!!!

someone once said......20~30mg of Valium (Roche Labs)wiLL give you a Quaalude like "feeL~good"...Ludes were termed Major TranquiLizars and Valium were termed minor tranquiLizars in the dayso go figure........trust me it works.....

5. rolexparts

rolexparts Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Quaaludes are not made any longer. They're not barbiturates. They're in their on class. Look them up on google. Quaalude had some extremely potent and undesireable (in the clinical setting) side effects. That's why it's not used any more

6. edgien

edgien Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I sure never had any ~~UndesIreaBLe~~side effects but as with any heavy__drug it wiLL do some very undesireable side effects on your internaL organs with heavy or longterm usage, good thing they quite manufacturing them cause Im sure I would have suffered some of them.......

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    I know folks have heard of this and I'm not looking for a source but is it still produced anywhere in the world. I heard that it was still produced in Poland. Any thoughts or insight would be great.

Thanks -obboy

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    Ever been in Switzerland?

Toquilone Compositum ( 250mg Methaqualone).

9. TheMatrix

TheMatrix Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Quaaludes???

What are they, what do/did they do and are they still around?

10. ToxicMind

ToxicMind Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i have no idea if they're still around. i've never done them and my friends/my dealer don't have them. so i'd say theyre pretty rare, but probly out there somehwere. but here's some info anyways(from erowid):

DESCRIPTION
    Methaqualone (Quaalude) is a sedative/hypnotic central nervous system depressant similar to barbiturates. It is most often taken orally in tablet and produces a range of effects including light sedation, euphoria and sleep at lower doses to unconsciousness and sometimes seizures at high doses.

to read more on them go here:

Erowid Methaqualone Vault (Quaaludes)

11. Thegreatone

Thegreatone Newbie

Reputation Points:
    u might see stuff that is supposed to be ludes withg the lemon 316 or somew oyther number samp on them fairly big pills but according to most people they are just other benzos being used in that stamp, plus iv read something of the sort on a dea or fbi bust story. i think ther r made in aferica or used to bo

12. BlueMystic

BlueMystic Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands

Sorry guest. Methaqualone is not a barbituate.

By the way. They are still availabe in different parts of the world. There is an epidemic of people using methaqualone in South Africa. People are smoking it on top of cannabis.

13. blackwolf

blackwolf Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I belive you most likly will only find them in southh africa, where it seems
    to be quite popular. I have heard the like to smoke cigs dipped in it too.
    But again this is all 3rd hand knowledge. As far as the rest of the world I
    have not heard of anyone having true quaaludes since the early 80s.

14. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Unless someone has a 20 year old script laying around, your not going to find them in the states. They were used as a sleeping aid but they created to many problems so they were replaced by benzos.

15. korky8097

korky8097 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    ever hear that skynard song that smell? Talks about ludes' in it
    at one point, "so they call you prince charming, cant speak a word when
    your full of ludes', say youll be alright come tommorow, but tommorow
    might not be here for you" sounds like they fuck you up pretty
    good from those lyrics. I dont think they make them anymore though

16. Psilocybe S.

Psilocybe S. Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    Actually, people still make them on the street. I know where to find some capsules in Santa Monica. But they're all street synth. chemicals, not professionaly made pills.

17. unico_walker

unico_walker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    DESCRIPTION
    Methaqualone (Quaalude) is a sedative/hypnotic central nervous system depressant similar to
    barbiturates. It is most often taken orally in tablet and produces a range of effects including light sedation, euphoria and sleep at lower doses to unconsciousness and sometimes seizures at high doses.

Sounds a lot like a GABA agonist,effects are likely similar to GHB.

I'll look it up sounds interesting,I'd heard of them but assumed they were just an old brand of benzos.

18. Ludeman

Ludeman Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    The Combined Quaaludes/Mandrax Thread

Quaaludes were my favorite high. They are also known as Mandrax. Does anyone know if they exist anywhere??

19. GoaM

GoaM Newbie

Reputation Points:
    There's a big blackmarket for them in South Africa. I'd love to try a lude. :p They even smoke em there. It's supposed to be a huge problem. ;)

20. zapatista

zapatista Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Ah mandrax..........Mandracos as we called them in South Texas. Not available anymore and when they were, they were not pharmaceutical grade. My understanding was that most were produced in South America in clandestine labs. I would say that there is no pharm quality Mandrax or Qs at this time. The prior poster might be right in Stating that South Africa has a market for clandestine lab produced Mandrax. also correct in stating that Mandrax can be smoked.

Z