Drug info - Quaaludes/Mandrax/Methaqualone

Discussion in 'Downers and sleeping pills' started by tinydancer, Feb 29, 2004.

1. oxalot

oxalot Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: Quaadludes

I have heard they are made in South Africa known as white pipe. Look white pipe up on net You will find some info.Methaqualone was one of My fav's in the 70's as mentioned they got replaced with the diazepam crap I think it was a ploy by DEA to curb appetites for the illegal stuff that made it's way around as they outlawed the real thing. It used to be available as huge crystallyzed rocks (that needed to be busted up and definitely buffered w/Tylenol as the real ones were made w alot of buffer) at a local biker camp in 55 gallon drums in it's hayday.

2. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Re: Quaaludes

Methaqualone (available combined with diphenhydramine, as "Mandrax") is apparently the second most commonly used illicit drug in South Africa.

Any SA SWIMers have any experiences?

3. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
  4. FuBai

FuBai Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Re: The Combined Quaaludes/Mandrax/Methaqualone Thread

Methaqualone's precursors are no longer made legally, so undercover synthesis is now much much harder. The DEA managed to get all places that manufactured Methaqualone's precursors to simply stop it, seeing as the precursors did not have many uses anyway.

5. merc11292

merc11292 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

they still made legally anywhere? swims favorite aunt was down in Mexico a few months ago and of course swim asked her too pick some up for swim but the aunt remembered them from her days in the 80's and decided not too, swim knows the name brand name Qualudes are no longer made but isnt the brand name Mandrax still available, swims sure they were available in Mexico just few months ago.

I am praying they still make these somewhere, My dieing to try them at least once.

6. FuBai

FuBai Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

All manufacture of Quaaludes is now illicit, mainly occurring in South Africa, the surrounding African countries and India. It is very popular in South Africa in particular because of it's low price tag and its pleasurable interaction with Marijuana. In the late 1970's and throughout the 1980's the DEA managed to persuade manufacturers of the precursors to stop. Now it is not cost effective to produce, especially when there is so much cheap Methamphetamine flooding the American market. If one thinks of the drug market as a shifting entity that, if you poke too hard in one area, will move all of its efforts to another. All that Law Enforcement Initiatives do is either switch where the drug is sold or which drug is produced. It maybe that in the future demand rises or the cost-effectiveness changes and the market will swing back to Quaaludes, but at the moment there is just isn't the demand.

7. catfish_groid

catfish_groid Newbie

Reputation Points:

i am interested in quaaludes
    b/c i have heard that methaqualone is SMOKABLE
    isnt there a name for it in S Africa
    wit pip or soemthing

8. FuBai

FuBai Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

It is smokeable and readily mixed with marijuana in South Africa, and it comes under the brand name Mandrax.

9. chrisdahl

chrisdahl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o from U.K.

you all keep saying its mixed with weed and smoked,i believe its mixed with methamphetamine and smoked

10. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:

As a fool that Bongo was back yonder in the 1970's when methaqualone was widely available, I can assure you that something that takies 150mgs. to make you drowsy and spread your legs - it's not worth going to jail for 10 years to manufacture it.

Best advice? Forget it. Go buy a Gremlin. Blech.

11. Lobsang

Lobsang Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re: Ambien/Zolpidem with Diphenhydramine?

LOL...What are Quaaludes. I wish I was young again. Damn it! Well SWIy they were a sleeping pill that doctors prescribed all the time in th e 70s. They were called 714s or Lemmons ect..

They basically were a short acting highly powerful sleep aid. That if you took at night and wanted to sleep would put you right out. But if you took them and stayed awake they made you really high but not sleepy. Kind of numb anddrunk like but not exactly drunk. Even one would make you pretty high and a couple would really Fu** you up. They were really popular. Doctors prescribed them to a lot of people. You could also shave them up and smoke them and get really high. They were so good that the DEA forced them to be taken off the market. They contained methaqualone. It is totally illegal in the USA. They were produced by 2 companies I believe. Rhore and Lemmon. I do not know if it is still used in any other country or synthesized for sale on the street. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methaqualone

[​IMG] What is ashame is that they really worked well as a sleep aid. They put you right out. And they were safe. Because if someone OD'd on them they did not stay in the system that long and did not supress repiration as much as other things. But they could be dangerous in the sense that one was really high on them they could be reckless and get hurt.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  12. Panthers007

Panthers007 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:

That would be Rorer. The infamous Rorer 714's, dude. Hop in my Pacer and let's go Disco, baby! Maybe you'll get lucky and meet my Sweat-Hog. What's your sign? Did you say you were a female?

Such were the times. The real Hippies didn't cut their hair. The phonies put on Leisure-Suits and drove Leisure-cars. Like the Pacer and Gremlin. They looked like Moon-Buggies from the last Apollo Missions. And they got laid with 'Ludes.

Methaqualone could get you very high. Wrecked was more like it. And they were alleged to make "babe's spread easy, dude." They also could kill you easy if you mixed them with alcohol, Valium, so forth regards downers/narcotics. Mixing them with speed was common.

Because they were rumored to make getting laid more easy, the shit hit the fan and the DEA got them taken from the market and placed into Schedule I. Bad, bad, bad!

In that the precursors for this molecule is heavily watched/controlled -and the dosage is so high, you'd have to be on 'Ludes, dude to want to bother synthesizing this one. Being in love and being honest - and maybe a good Merlot - would get one further.

13. Dexyfiend

Dexyfiend Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    I first heard of 'ludes' from a video game funnily enough. The game was called "Dopewars" (I'm sure you lot have heard of it) and the aim of the game was the buying and selling of drugs for profit (duh).
    The cheapest drugs you could buy in the game were ludes and I always wondered what they were (this was back in about 97).
    I realize they're not made anymore but I would say he'd love to try them

14. ChoppedandFaded

ChoppedandFaded Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from U.S.A.
    I am wondering, how come Mandrax in tablet form is smoke-able? I was under the impression that most (if not all) pills are not intended to be smoked due to the m.p of certain drugs and also the harmful effects on ones lungs as a result of inhaling binders and fillers.

Does Methaqualone have a low enough m.p that it could be successfully smoked? I am puzzled by this as not many of the old users (when it was still around) report ever smoking the pills.

15. Lobsang

Lobsang Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Well I do not know anything about melting points and such. But yes it can be smoked and it is very effective that way. And as I have heard there are very negative effects on the lungs. SWIM beleives it is established that it causes emphysema. Though he cannot find a study. But yes I have smoked it and the effects are very real.

16. Politicalchalk

Politicalchalk Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Actually, at least 2 drugs of that class are currently produced in Canada. One imagines it'd only be Rxed in dire situations. Methaqualone and Mecloqualone if I recall correctly.

Not sure about actual Rx rates; again, it seems like a drug (from it's notoriety) that is only given to hospice patients, etc.

17. UseDontAbuse

UseDontAbuse Newbie

Reputation Points:
    64 y/o
    An interesting note that I didn't see posted but methaqualone was one of the ingredients in the popular 'black beauties' methamphetamine capsules from back in the day.

That's what took the edge off and made them the most popular speed you could get.

BTW - what's all this SWIM You stuff? I understand the purpose and it seems the M in I could stand for ME while the Y in You would be YOU. Can someone fill me in?

18. Samadhi

Samadhi Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    ^^^^
    read the rules and "about the forum" stickies again, it is all there. Yes, You is used to show 'someone who is not you' it is often used not to refer to ones self, but to refer to a person who you are giving advice ect.

Quaaludes and Methamphetamine combo would be quite an interesting roll for certain. I could see problems with BP and an awful crash if the MQ doesn't knock one out after the initial period of effects is over.

does You have any documented evidence that MQ was in the old black beauty caps?

19. tyranny4u

tyranny4u Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    in Switzerland methaqualone (TM "Toquilone") was oficially taken
    from the market in 2006. i don't think that in Belgium there is any
    Methaqualone containing product on the market, correct me if i'm wrong

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  20. UseDontAbuse

UseDontAbuse Newbie

Reputation Points:
    64 y/o
    Closest documentation I could find is here - http://issuu.com/pureskills/docs/hightimesencyclopedia

It's an online copy of the High Times Drug Encyclopedia. If you do a search for the appropriate text "an intriguing blend of methaqualone with two types of amphetamine" it pops right up.

Go to page 303 in the right side column about halfway down under "Dexamyl" it mentions Biphetamine T (Black Beauties) as "an intriguing blend of methaqualone with two types of amphetamine".

SWIM might have had a friend who's parents were both on BB's and left them sitting around the house where anyone could grab a few. I found it impossible to stand still while being fitted for a tux for his older sister's wedding after such a find.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2009