Drug info - Quazepam (Doral) and Estazolam (ProSom)

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by whorse, Dec 17, 2006.

1. whorse

whorse Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I have obtained a small amount of both of these drugs, and both are benzodiazepine hypnotics. Really he would like to know if anyone else has had any experience with these two drugs and what possible recreational value they might have.

Thanks in advance

2. whorse

whorse Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    well SWIM just tried 1mg (i think it was that) of ProSom after he had already taken 2mg of Xanax about an hour before and he felt the most sedated he ever did in his life, and he's taken 5mg xanax at a time before and only felt goofy, chilled and high. He blacked out. It's 8 hours later now and after waking up he still feels drastically benzo'd

maybe later SWIM'll try ProSom by itself, but he gets the impression that it really potentiates xanax.

Somebody please enlighten me on these substances so I can better help SWIM understand them

3. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    SWIJ has not been able to find much on Quazepam at all. It is available in the US and used as a sedative-hypnotic. It comes in 7.5 and 15mg tablets. Brand names are Doral, Dormalin, Hipnodane, Proseda, Quazium and Quiedorm. Suggested therapeutic dose is 7.5-15mg. Max daily dose 30mg.

Chemical name 7-chloro-5-(o-fluorophenyl)-1, 3-dihydro-1-(2, 2, 2-trifluoroethyl)-2H-1, 4-benzodiazepine-2-thione. Molecular formula C17H11ClF4N2S.

Extensive first pass metabolism by the liver to active metabolites. Half-life 25-100 hours. Because of the long half-life it is prone to inducing hang-over effect, but is less likely to cause rebound insomnia than shorter acting benzos. According to Ashton, 20mg is equivalent to 10mg diazepam or 20 mg Temazepam

See equivalency thread here…

https://drugs-forum.com/threads/16708

As with all benzos it is Schedule IV in the US.

Because it is metabolised by the cytochrome P450 system, inhibitors of this system (E.g.: grapefruit juice, Tagamet) may potentiate the effects, although the Centre for Food-Drug Interaction Research and Education states that the interaction with grapefruit juice is “unlikely” to be clinically significant.

As with all benzos there is an additive risk of sedation and depressed respiration if other sedative are taken.

Estazolam

See dedicated thread here...

https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=301608#post301608

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  4. whorse

whorse Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Thanks a lot Jatelka, very informative.

I took 30mg Quazepam (2 pills) last night at about 2:30AM and barely felt anything at all. His head felt a little heavy and when he did go to sleep at about 4:00AM he woke up at 3:20PM the next day

First benzo he's tried thats good for nothing but sleep

5. whorse

whorse Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I said this to me yesterday over IM:

"Estazolam, If I can remember correctly, feels like xanax minus the euphoria. A lot of body sedation. I took it by itself (2mg) last night. Mixed with Xanax it feels 4x more powerful though, so if you have any save it for a mix."